Spring Kitchen

Hey there!

How are you?  Have you been Spring cleaning like I have?

Today, I am sharing our Spring Kitchen.

I love this time of year, it makes you feel so accomplished, and tired at the end of the day.

I did some changing and rearranging in the kitchen for Spring.  I also dusted, wiped down the cabinets and bagged up a few things for Goodwill.

I have too much junk, I admit it.

Spring

I love my blue mason jars I scored at Walmart.

They look so pretty on the window sill.

orchid at Lowes

Spring in the kitchen 059

I spread some color and cheer here and there.

Kitchen vignettes

One of my favorite pictures from our trip to Ireland last year.  Just an old tea kettle on a window sill outdoors filled with wild flowers.

Love the lace curtains peeking out.

Spring in the kitchen vignettes

Having a corner sink is nice. I love the sunlight streaming in this part of the day.

Our cabinets are a hickory color so the kitchen can be a bit dark,

however, with the natural sunlight and all the windows we have perks it up.

I do love our cabinets and you will never see a paint brush taken to this wood.

Reminds me of a rustic log cabin in a way.

I still have that little kitchen embellishment I added a few years ago.

Spring in the kitchen diy kitchen rooster chalkboard

I finally changed that rooster picture that was behind our sink.

I found this rooster chalkboard at World Market,

stenciled Eat,

and draped it our pizza board.

Spring in the kitchen

I like the change and it only cost me $10.00 for the rooster chalkboard.

Spring in the kitchen

the floors are still holding up and shiny since I cleaned them with olive oil and lemon juice, you can get the formula and try it out.

Spring in the kitchen

That’s all for now…

I will show you the dinette soon. I have some changes coming in there.

Next to get Springify the bedroom!

Thanks for stopping over today.

Hope you follow me around.

Comments

Morning, Debbie Dear! OH, I just adore your pretty kitchen! Everything is just perfect. I love the big round, is it a tureen, on your island. And…I’m trying not to covet that red scale you have. I’m on the lookout for one! Hope your week is going well and I wish I could pop in and have a visit with you!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

beautiful and spring like! I love the rooster black board and olive oil and lemon juice for floors , now thats a great idea , you o have beautiful cabinets, they are so rich and warm looking

So glad to hear you won’t ever try painting those lovely cabinets. I’ve thought, for about one second, about painting my fireplace mantel and a couple of other wood pieces, but am so glad I never have.

Love your kitchen Debbie,I love looking at your blog . I love decorating with roosters and Mason jars to, I found some green ones at Walmart going to start my spring cleaning this week since Easter dinner at my house lots to do. Have a good day Debbie Doo

Debbie..your kitchen is so cheerful..love the pops of color..the blue pitcher..and the tea towels. Looking forward to seeing more of your Spring decor.Thanks for sharing your beautiful kitchen once again.

Debbie,
    So clean and bright and shinning. I love your kitchen and all the spring touches are great. Those blue ball jars on the sill are so pretty. Great job.
    Kris

Yes, I have been spring cleaning but I love your kitchen! Those cabinets and hardwood floors are beautiful. I love brinigimg the outdoors in & love your flower vessels!

8. linda says

everything looks so pretty your kitchen is my favorite it always is a happy place now i should get me some of those blue mason jars .But where or where to put em :)

Ahhhh, it looks wonderful Debbie! I need to get some cleaning done around here – if i can ever find time amidst all my sewing and painting projects!

10. Heidi says

Love your kitchen! Very fresh looking. And I wouldn’t change those cabinets either. they are beautiful!

Your kitchen is beautiful Debbie! I love your new rooster chalkboard and the little rooster in the glass canister with the coffee beans……darling!!~~Angela

Love your spring touches in the kitchen. I can’t wait to use my green mason jars in the new house. Your kitchen has such great light!! Sorry, I am just starting to catch up on emails.

Cynthia

Everything looks so fresh and colorful, Debbie! What a wonderful decorating spot you have with that corner sink set-up. It always looks so fun.

I love your kitchen and I agree, your cabinets should never be painted!! They are gorgeous as they are! Everything looks so pretty, and right now I have to check out your post on cleaning the hardwood with lemon and olive oil…I’ve never heard of that and wonder how I missed that post.
    Debbie :)