Charlie Brown Christmas tree

Hey there everyone!

Christmas tree

Whew, WOW, it’s that time of year already that we are primping, shopping, baking and trying to beat the rush of the mad season ahead.

Today, I am sharing our new Charlie Brown Christmas tree.  At least, that is what the boys called it.  I have to say though, they like it, and they like that I could have it in the family room and not clutter the space or distract the TV most importantly.

Christmas tree from Target with burlap base

I have been wanting one of these Charlie brown scrawny looking trees forever.  This year, I decided Merry Christmas to me.

You know I have a bad shoulder, if you follow me on facebook you know the troubles I am having.  I can’t over do it, and quite frankly no one else around here is going to do the Christmas decorating so I have to make it simple.

Simple it was.

This is the tree from Target with a burlap base, and pre-lit.  It stands about 6ft. tall.

6' Pre-Lit Spruce Tree w/ Burlap Bag - Clear Lights

Target also had some of the cutest little rustic, vintage looking ornaments and I had to toss a few of those in while I was at it.

It was a good Christmas present to myself.

I made it so much easier on my husband this year.

vintage red truck ornament from target

mantel and tree for Christmas 035

wooden snowflakes in multiple colors.

felt ornament from target

A cute felt squirrel

mantel and tree for Christmas 036

an Owl that appears to be mod podged with some cute paper.

mantel and tree for Christmas 034

ornaments I had bought from last year’s Southern living Christmas show.

knit stocking ornament from target

Cute knit stocking

wood star from Target

Love the wood star

Ornaments from Target

and I guess this is a pig snowman…not sure but it is cute!

Although, I really loved our

Christmas tree last year decorated with Green mesh, with a whimsical vintage vibe.

I have to say, this was so much easier this year.

Next up the mantel soon.  I am trying my darndest to get my decor and crafts out to you for ideas.  There just is not enough time in the day, or month I should say, it’s all going by too fast.

Christmas tree with burlap base

Follow me around if you like!

Comments

Debbie, I love your cute Charlie Brown tree. Wouldn’t mine one of those myself. I have got to go to Target. I have seen so many cute ornaments from there. Not that I need anymore. I am getting rid of boxes of them and then I want new ones. Go figure. Hope your shoulder gets better soon.

• Carla says

Alas, Target is sold out of these almost everywhere. (Yes, I was willing to drive from VA to NC but hubby convinced me I was crazy!!!) I sure hope they bring them back next year!

It’s adorable, Debbie! I need to get something a bit smaller {maybe narrower} myself. The tree is definitely the one thing I don’t look forward to having to take apart and put away! Since I’m the one who does it all, it would be great to not have to throw my back out again. Looking forward to seeing your mantel! I agree, it does seem to be coming up extra quickly this year. Not enough time to get to all I want to do, but I think I say that every year! : )
    Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions recently posted…A Gift For The Tea LoverMy Profile

Oh Debbie…love your Charlie Brown tree….I bought a tree from Target years ago for 90% off a whoping $5.00…call it the same…it is on my front porch ready to get decorated..but it will be pretty simple with icicles and colored lights!…Take care of that shoulder…We prepare for the holidays over a few months time and in a second it is all over!!!…
    Shirley@housepitalitydesigns recently posted…A Christmas “Greenscape” in the Dining RoomMy Profile

I find it interesting that you have a bad shoulder, I – a knee – and that we both posted about simpler decorating on the same day. And all is good with that. Just don’t anyone ask you to reach for something or me to get up and fetch it!
    Bliss recently posted…Simple Decorations at the RanchMy Profile

5. Melanie says

I love it Debbie! The ornaments are just adorable and I love how well it all looks in your room…it’s just perfect!

6. Judith says

Hi Deb, Love your tree. I bought a 4 foot tree at Target this year. Pre-lt, but we added more lights. No decorations on it yet. I have 2 bad ankles and I can’t be on my feet too long. Had to put ice on it for an hour, swelled up….You always do a fantastic job…..

Debbie,
    I love your Charlie Brown tree! The ornaments are adorable. I especially love the squirrel and the owl. I really thought you had made the owl…I know you could have.
    Have a blessed Christmas!
    Ginger
    Savannah Granny recently posted…Christmas Past!My Profile

Who would have thought a Charlie Brown tree could look so amazing! I love it, and I love all the little animals and other ornaments. It is adorable.
    I hope your shoulder doesn’t bother you too much over the holidays, try to take it easy on yourself, and hope it heals quickly.
    Debbie :)
    Debbie recently posted…Are Poinsettia Poisonous?My Profile

That’s a perfect Christmas tree & I don’t think it’s a Charlie Brown tree at all! I think it looks great & if it simplifies things for you this year, then why not?

I didn’t know about your shoulder, Debbie. I hope you’re feeling better soon!
    Gina recently posted…Christmas Tour…The Sitting RoomMy Profile

Debbie, I think it’s so cute! I did something similar….I put up a tabletop tree on an end table because we can’t sacrifice seating for a large tree any longer with company and the kids’ friends coming over at their ages.

I love the Target tree. It’s the perfect style for your home!

xo,