How to dye burlap with rit dye

Oh my,

How to dye burlap with rit dye!

I am going rit dye crazy now.

I bought these cute burlap roses at Hobby lobby the other day for a buck a piece.

I really didn’t want to keep them natural.

I am in NO short supply of rit dye and the color choices are magnificent.

using rit dye for burlap

Tangerine was my color of choice seeing Fall is coming.

Tangerine orange rit dye on burlap

I simply took a cup of water, heated in the microwave.

Took 1/2 cup of Rit dye and dumped it in  the hot water.

using rit dye for burlap tangerine

I did this in the sink as you can see.

Dipped my roses for about 10 seconds

placed  them on the paper towels to dry….

Dipping burlap roses in tangerine rit dye

And WOW, I have  pretty Fall colored burlap flowers.

dyed burlap roses

Getting ready for some Fall vignettes as you can see.

How to dye burlap

I really want to go back to hobby lobby and buy a ton more burlap roses and dip away…teal, yellow, oh the possibilities are endless.

Did you see my

rit dye pumpkin?

this is just the beginning.

Gotta run I have hair dye in my hair, and NO

it is NOT a rit dye color:)

You can follow me anywhere, anytime!

Comments

Debbie just when I think you cannot do anything more clever you come up with something like these roses. They are adorable and I love the color. You are the queen of Ritz Dye lately. Love this idea. I saw those roses at Hobby Lobby and loved them in the burlap color too. Thanks for sharing.
    Kris

Debbie, these came out awesome!! You are the RIT dye queen!!! I have ot get some of these. I have to wait until Monday now, because they are closed on Sunday. Rats!!

Hugs,
    Debbie too

They’re the perfect color for fall…they look great!
    Ha…I needed you at my house last night, Mackenzie had a pool party and wanted to make tie-dye shirts with the girls. Thank heavens they knew what they were doing because I was lost LOL!! You and I could have sat back with a Seagrams and watched:)

I saw those burlap flowers at HL and this little trick is the perfect way to get the color you want. Fast and fun is my kind of craft!

These look fabulous, Debbie! I have to make a run to Hobby Lobby and see if they have those….$1 a piece??!! Love the color and the fall vignettes!!! Have a great day!!~~Angela

6. Bev says

I love this!! It would look really awesome to dye some burlap for your burlap rag wreath tutorial (nice fall colors) or the kitchen wreath tutorial you recently had on your blog. Thank you “Rit Queen” for sharing this easy to follow tutorial.

• says

I thought about dying the burlap rag wreath, however it would be too hard to take it all apart and start over again. I will dye more burlap in the future for sure!