Recycled glass jar crafts

Hi there everyone!

Hope you are having a great weekend so far.

Today I am sharing a recycled glass jar craft.

You all use spaghetti sauce from a jar right?

Some of you are throwing stones at me right now.

Yes, I am half Italian, and YES, sometimes I used jar sauce.

Only the best kind though:)

Upcycled jar painted and stenciled

Back in February I shared my Mod podged recipe jar

Upcycled jar painted and stenciled 043

If you know me by now, I am also a good to the last drop kinda girl…

you know this pretty Saint Ann La Craie sample was NOT going to be wasted.

I believe I got four small craft projects out of it.

Actually my rooster makeover was sorta of a big craft project, as he took two coats.

Upcycled jar painted and stenciled 008

After I gave my jar two quick and easy coats of paint, I also, used some dark wax to give it an aged look.

A little light sanding I did as well.

Upcycled jar painted and stenciled 032

And what exactly would a Debbiedoo’s project be without stenciling?

Upcycled jar painted and stenciled 028

recycled spaghetti jar

So, next time before you get ready to toss out that jar,

or bottle,

or can

think of me:)

and do something fun and creative.

You will be glad you did.

Spring is in full force here, and our Cherry blossom trees are looking gorgeous

Spring cherry blossoms

I had to clip a few today and throw them in my new vase

#recycled jar craft for #spring

You can check out some of my other ideas down below.

Recycled cans

Decorating with bottles

Comments

What a pretty transformation! Okay confession time……. I too and half Italian and my husband is half Sicilian and ……we occasionally well more often than I want to admit use jar sauce :-/
    xx
    Anne

Such a cute vase! Your cherry bloom picture is so pretty, I was outside yesterday taking some pictures…the temperature was so nice! They look sweet in your vase!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

Debbie,
    This is amazing!!! Wow who knew how cute a sauce jar could look!!!! I love the last picture too with the cherry blossoms one of my favs another reason I need to live where you live!!! So pretty.
    Kris

Hopefully, spring will be on its way in this neck of the woods! Your blossoms look sweet in your cute painted jar. I need to try this paint- I’m always up,for a new way to paint. :-)

Another cute project Debbie. Love that color and the stenciling is a perfect touch to make it special. Oh my, the cherry blossoms are beautiful. I am ready for Spring and lots of blooms. Thanks for sharing your talents.
    Blessings,
    Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

Lol! My nonna was full on, 100%, off-the-boat Italian, and her recipe for homemade spaghetti sauce was delicious, but half the time she cheated and used spaghetti sauce out of a jar for the base instead of starting completely from scratch. Still fabulous! And I absolutely LOVE how that jar turned out!

Really pretty, Debbie. Love the colors of the stencils with the green. Very beautiful springtime bouquet..Happy Tuesday..Judy

Love that look, Debbie!!! Now I have a good excuse the next time I husband says, “Why are you saving jars?”
    It’s very creative the way you used the dark wax AND sanding just like it was a nice piece of furniture. To tell you the truth, I love Prego spaghetti sauce way better than any pasta sauce I make (and no time spent cutting and cooking).

9. Kimberly Anderson says

Hi there! I love this idea!
    Can I just use acrylic paint? I couldn’t find what kind you used.

Thanks!

10. Priya says

what paint do you use to cover the jar completely? I tried acrylics and though it doesn’t come out on washing softly but it get scratches! Can you advise?

11. karin says

oh that is tooo cute…hmmmm maybe I should save some old jars instead of recycling them…
    THINKING CAP ON!!