Valentines decorations

Hey, Hey there!~

Hope all is well.

I am pretty tuckered out all the way around.

I have been on the go, go, go.

In the next month or so I am going to be swamped with planning, packing, meetings and getting our family ready for our trip to Ireland.

First I want to share all that I have been up to in the past month alone just in blogging.

It’s ridiculous all these crafts I belted out this past month.

They all do look cute though, of course, all done on a dime and that is the best part for me,

and for you…as you too can do the same.

My Valentine decorating started back in January.

I started with the Mod podge

and recycled jars…

and an old recipe book

IMG 2020 662x1024 Recycled jars, mod podge craft

I really do love this

recycled mod podge recipe vase

I couldn’t stop there with this recipe book and then had to do a

tray Mod podge recipe Valentine tray

Dollar tree Recipe tray

I really do believe at this point……….

my plate is full…how else would I come up with this cute little project.

my Plate is full Dollar tree decor project

IMG 2035 1024x682 Decorating with a  Dollar {All things Valentines Dollar tree party}

Then I did a few crafts I have never even attempted.

Like these cute

Dollar tree cupcake liner carnation flowers

cupcake liner carnations1 1024x682 Decorating with a  Dollar {All things Valentines Dollar tree party}

I do plan on changing out my coffee filter wreath seasonally now.

coffee filter wreath1 1024x945 Decorating with a  Dollar {All things Valentines Dollar tree party}

Valentines coffee filter wreath

I have never made my husbands Valentine

but this year I decided I would get a little romantic

Romantic Valentine gift for my husband

He truly is the key to my heart

and I had to let him know with this little crafty stenciled doily and mod podge wine glass.

The biggest project I have taken on to date

was painting our fireplace hearth.

It has been a long time coming and I am so happy the hubster finally

agreed.

IMG 2916 Painting the fireplace surround

I think my last post now for Valentines

was a little handmade gift to myself.

Love is patient, Love is kind

and that should be a reminder to us all.

IMG 2683 Love is patient...Love is kind!

Now onto a few tid bits and my announcement.

As I mentioned before I do have a lot goings on in the next month or so.

I am very happy I have a few of you gals who stepped up and will help fill the gaps while I am gone and will be sharing some of your creative work with my friends and readers.

In the meantime, I have made a decision to put the Newbie party on temporary hold while I get myself organized and take care of things.

I just feel

if I can’t dedicate my time and effort into the party for you,

I should not host it for now.

Thank you for being so supportive and understanding.

That is about the only change and cut back I will be making and I do believe that will help free up some time for me in order to wrap things up around here before we go.

I hope you understand, and I look forward to coming back freshened, and ready to resume.

Valentines decor diy wrap up

Thanks for stopping by today.

Comments

1. Jessica @ Mom 4 Real says

How in the world did I miss some of these? That mod podged recipe jar is soooo cute! I’m so jealous of your trip to Ireland…it’s first on our list of places to go once the kids are both out of the house :) Hope you feel free’d up now…I can’t imagine how much work it takes to put on the party every week, but you are so good at it! Happy planning!

2. Kelly says

Oh how exciting! I bet you are so excited to go to Ireland. I’ve never been but heard it is beautiful. So much history and beauty there. Hope you will share lots of pictures when you get back. I do believe you should’ve been an art teacher too. You come up with so many unique projects that I bet would’ve served you well in school!

3. Anne says

Beautiful crafts Debbie…..uh yeah you sure have been busy.And planning a trip to Ireland!Oh have a wonderful time!
    xx
    Anne

4. Linda says

I’m so envious!! We went over 25 years ago to Ireland.
    We stayed with Mr.WWH family. He was born in Ballymena.
    You will love it!!

5. Jacque says

I love this wrap up almost as much as I love your new background!!! Take some time to relax you definitely deserve it!!!

6. must love junk says

Wow, you’ve been quite the busy girl! (I need some of your energy-lol!) Your trip sounds amazing and exciting!!
    Susan

7. Carol says

It was great to see your Valentine wrap-ups — such cute ideas!

How fantastic your trip will be, Debbie! I can’t imagine that anyone will mind you taking some time off. My goodness, you have helped so many of us grow our blogs. You deserve a break whether you’re taking a vacation or not!

8. Jeanette @ Creating A Life says

Debbie, you’ve accomplished ALOT of cute crafts AND one amazing fireplace surround! Let’s see…..host a newbie party or get ready for Ireland?…hmmm. Haha.
    Thank you for all the fun parties in the past! All the best to you as you get ready for an awesome trip!

Jeanette

9. Judy says

You really were busy with all of those Valentine’s day crafts. What an exciting trip it sounds like you have planned. Have an amazing time.

10. Melissa says

Your Valentines crafts are awesome! I definitely don’t blame you for cutting back on the newbie party. A trip to Ireland is once in a lifetime! I can’t wait to see all of the pictures after you get back. :)

You are all so sweet! Thank you, and thanks for understanding. I still have a month, but there is a lot I want to have organized here at home before hand. You know you just have to be organized when you leave to go on vacation. Not sure why that is, like cleaning out drawers and cabinets, etc….they have to get done.

12. Shari @ Turnstyle Vogue says

You absolutely should. You deserve a break – not that it will free up much of your time now that you have a trip to plan for – an amazing trip I must say. So jealous! Just remember to work at a pace where you don’t wear yourself down and end up getting sick. We all tend to do too much and suffer for it at some point!

13. Jana says

Wow, I missed some of these great crafts! Really love them all.
    What an amazing trip that you are preparing for~have fun getting ready for it. I will miss your Newbie party but I certainly understand and look forward to it when you return. Have a fabulous week.

14. Pam says

You deserve a break, girl, you’ve been busy! Have a blast in Ireland. Take tons of photos and drink some green beer for me.

15. Marty@A Stroll Thru Life says

All of your crafts are just way tooooooo cute. Great job. Can’t wait to hear more about your trip. Hugs, Marty

16. Heather says

You have been busy lady!! I couldn’t believe how you were churning them out one after the other and each one so different and cute!!!
    I love your new background. Cute paisley!!
    Countdown to Ireland is on!! What part are you going to?

17. Kris Vavra says

Debbie,
    Your trip sounds so wonderful. Enjoy! My husbands mom is Irish and they go to Ireland a lot and love it. That is a trip I hope to take someday too. It is on my bucket list!
    Kris

18. JP says

Debbie…your crafts and parties will be missed! Wishing you a safe and wonderful trip. I know you will be stopping by to say “hello” with some great pics of your journey….will be looking forward to seeing them!
    Hugs,
    Janet

19. Rosemary says

You’ve been a busy girl, Debbie. I love the way your mantel turned out. Just make sure you take care of yourself. You want to be healthy and perky for your trip.

20. julie boarder says

I’ll miss your parties Debbie, but I totally understand your need to put it on hold. Have a fantasitc trip to Ireland and I hope you share some pictures.

Julie

21. Jo says

IRELAND!!!!!…..I’m green like four leaf clover…my dream is to go one day,my family “NUGENT” came from Ireland,County Cork.Do me a hugh favor…and look in the phone book for “NUGENT”,if ya have time.Have ton’s of fun,and yall enjoy every single minute.Please take lots of photo’s and share this adventure when yall return,I’m excited for you…be careful/safe travels/and ENJOY!!!…we will be right here waiting for you.

~Jo Ann Nugent May @ LoblollyLane

22. Bliss says

Absolutely understand. Will you be in Ireland for St. Patricks Day or home by then? Cuz I’m thinking you MUST do something special for that on the blog.

Bliss

23. Pat says

I wish I had just a little of your energy! I’ll be glad to go along on your trip ~ carry the passports, etc. :) It’s going to be awesome and you so deserve it!

Pat

24. SheilaG @ Plum Doodles says

Totally understandable, Debbie! I have an idea- we could have a real live newbie party in Ireland! I wish… :)

25. Miss Kitty says

Debbie, you deserve a break from all you have been doing! Are you going to be in Ireland for Saint Patrick’s Day? Please take lots of photos to share with us. I’m thinking I may need to add Ireland to my bucket list places to go. All of your Valentine projects are adorable!

26. Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse says

I will miss the party, though I perfectly understand! And of course, I’ll still be waiting for your little “debbies” to enlighten my inbox!

27. MariaElena says

Oh, Debbie, what an exciting time for your family! This is going to be a great trip and, yes, of course you need the month to get ready. There is always so much to do before traveling overseas. I don’t mean to sound like your mother :) but don’t forget to take a voltage convertor with you to charge your small electronics, like cell phones, iPads, laptops… They don’t work very well for hair dryers and small appliances, but when I went to Spain last year the convertor did a great job charging my electronic devices. It sure will come in handy! I wish you guys the best trip ever!

28. Shannon @ Fox Hollow Cottage says

You were a little crafting machine Debbie!! I would be tuckered out too. Good for you! Take a nice break and get ready for your trip without being stressed so you can enjoy it. You guys are going to have the time of your lives :)))

29. Debbie says

All your crafts are so pretty and perfect for Valentine’s Day. The big trip is coming up so soon…seems like it’s been a long time since you announced it. Time goes so fast…
    Debbie :)