Vintage collectors..The pub room

Hey there!

Sorry If I have been MIA..but I have had some computer issues and happy to be up and running again.

I was not sure what to title this post.

I do believe at this point in our lives my husband and I

are antique collectors. Our home is filled with special treasures not only from family passed down, but treasures he and I have hunted and gathered together.

pub room

I have been promising to show you around the pub room.

I do believe everyone should covert their dining rooms into one.

After all, how many times do you really use your dining room?

We hang out in the pub room often, with family, friends and lots of times just

Mike and I.  We love to listen to music, hang out and talk.

This will be a mostly pictures post because everything here has a story,

and probably a long one knowing us:)

Shriners hat

Blinged out Shriners hat.

This was a recent gift from my Mom to Mike.

Vintage tiffany light

This was a light I found at a local antique mall.

Had to have it, and knew exactly where to put it.

Old scale

This Old scale we have had for awhile.

We like to display our treasures on it.

IMG_2555

This is my Grandfathers piggy bank still filled with all his change.

One day I would love to open it and see how old the pennies are.

smoke stand

This is a recent purchase by Mike.

I believe he called it a smoke stand.

copper smoke stand

He loved the inside of the box all copper filled.

Old World Style family room

Sitting in the pub, as you can see the Family room is adjoined.

Still loving our newly painted FP hearth.

Our home is basically is an open floor plan.

Not that many walls dividing the lower level.

That is one of the things we love about it.

IMG_2569This picture was taken before I painted.

This clock btw is called a Granddaughter clock

it is just the perfect size for this corner.

Sad thing about this clock is it was given to a fellow on his retirement day.

There is a little engraved plate indicating that.

The family just got rid of the clock…too bad for them.

IMG_2556

I found this beer can at an antique mall in Buffalo for Mike.

It had significance as you can see, he has the clock.

IMG_2557

The clock holds a special memory for Mike as a child.

His Dad gave him this clock a few years back and now Mike can make new memories with this clock.

In fact, he even got a tattoo of this Iroquois Indian…it means that much to him.

The picture below is from our first gathering in our pub room.

We had everyone sign the invite. It was a great night!

pulpit

Doesn’t everyone have a PULPIT in their home?

another interesting story and find for us.

English pub

So that’s the dining room turned pub room.

We found the PUB on ebay.

It was around the same cost as a nice dining room set $2,500.

The diy tin ceiling, my husband did.  The cost of that was around $600.00.

He had no prior experience and found it to be a fairly simple job.

A little back breaking, but not hard to figure out.

Believe me, there are many more treasures and stories in here to speak of, but it would take me days to photograph and tell you about them.

You get the gist.

Thanks for stopping by today!

I have some catching up to do.

Dining room turned pub

Comments

1. Penny @ The Comforts of Home & Flea Market Makeovers says

How fun to have a pub in your house! You have some wonderful pieces that you have collected and inherited! We do actually use our dining room often, but found we didn’t use the eat in kitchen area, so we are making that a lounge area.

2. Shelia says

Hi Debbie Dear! Oh,my! What a room and I’m so glad you’ve shown it with all of your treasures. Now I’m sure you stand behind that pulpit and ‘preach’ to your boys! :) I would! :)
    Be a sweetie,
    shelia ;)

3. Missy M @ A Shade Fancier says

Very nice and interesting pieces. Don’t you wish some of these older treasures could “talk” and really tell you their stories.
    Missy M

4. Curtains in my tree says

How fun seeing around your pub , love the ceiling , Oh I like your pulpit also

I have my Dad’s Shriner’s hat or Moose Lodge hat ? Will look when I get home this evening

5. Victoria says

I love your pub room Debbie and I agree, everyone should turn their formal dining room into one. And it’s not like you still couldn’t eat in there if you wanted to! I don’t think Kyran would ever leave the pub room if we had one:)

6. Bliss says

Mikes copper lined cabinet reminds me of the little cabinet a priest would put the chalice and host at a Catholic mass. Sort of goes along with the pulpit too if you decide to host church services. Either way the pub room is a great spot to entertain, but without my dining room table where would I make a mess with my painting?

Bliss

7. Anne says

Debbie you have the coolest pub ever!!!! LOVE all your antiques and each one has a story ….LOVE that! Your window treatments are so pretty too! Love how you hung them lower than the window what a great idea!
    I am glad you figured out the problem.I am new to WP and I am still trying to figure my way around.
    xx
    Anne

8. Debbie says

Wow, it’s gorgeous! And all your vintage finds accent it perfectly. What a wonderful spot to hang out, listen to music and chat.
    Debbie :)

9. Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces says

This would be such a fun gathering place! Your special treasures give it an authentic feeling and very personal…love it!

10. JP says

What a “fun” room! I’ll bet your grandfather’s piggy bank is loaded with wheat pennies, Indian head nickels and other rarer coins….would be fun to look through sometime!
    Thanks for sharing :)

11. Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse says

I love, love, love your bridge lamp. I’ve been looking for one for a while now, but I can’t seem to be able to find any here.

12. Stefanie W says

Oh my goodness this is so cool! I would definitely prefer a pub room to a dining room! What a unique place to entertain!

13. Peggy says

Love your Pub Room, and all those treasures are wonderful too. It really has a total WOW factor. Thanks for sharing. Peggy

14. Adventuresindinner says

Glad your computer issues are sorted-you’re missed C:

Fab room! You pour the drinks and I’ll bring the snacks.

15. Suzy @ Worthing Court says

Thanks for sharing your cool pub room, Debbie. It looks like a wonderful place to gather with friends and family.

16. Gina says

I think it’s great to have a room that’s so unusual and so special to your husband & you! It’s fantastic & I love all the antique treasures it holds.

17. Heather says

What a fabulous space! You do have so many wonderful treasures!! I love that granddaughter clock! Never heard of that! It’s so cute!

18. Kelly @ Eclectically Vintage says

Now that’s a man cave any gal would love to hang out in! How cool that your hubs is into antiquing too! Love the tin ceiling.
    Kelly

19. Ricki Jill Treleaven says

LOL How do you get any drinking done with a pulpit in the corner? Obviously neither of you was raised Southern Baptist ;P

20. Thistle says

Debbie,

Thank you so much for sharing! I LOVE this room….what a great idea to turn your dining room into a fun room like this!

blessings,
    karianne

21. Martina says

What an awesome space to have and it’s filled with so many pretty treasures! Mike did a great job on the tin ceiling! My hubby put one up for me in our laundry room a few years ago, it was a first for him too.

22. Audrey Zumwalt says

Great room Debbie and so nice that you have a open floor plan for gatherings. You and Mike have good eye for treasures and all are staged very nicely. His new chair is so awesome looking.
    Blessings,
    Audrey Z.
    Timeless Treasures

23. shirley@housepitalitydesigns says

What a great use for the dining room…people always say that it is rare that they use that room…the “pub” is fantastic…your home is so perfect for entertaining. Love to hear about the stories behind the treasures!…

24. The Polka Dot Closet says

Wait a minute…Hunky man has a tattoo!!! OMG, do the kids know, can they get tattoo’s LOL Look that whole amazing post and I got hooked on a little body ink! I think you are antique collectors, and you are right no one uses formal dining rooms or formal living rooms

Carol

25. Kris Vavra says

I agree Debbie everyone needs a pub in their house and a pulpit!!! This really reflects how much fun you are! That pub is beautiful and a steel at $2500. Gorgeous! The wood work alone! Just so beautiful.
    Kris

26. Shannon @ Fox Hollow Cottage says

Hi Debbie,

What a great tour. I always love this room. It’s just bursting with character and is so unique! Love hearing the stories about the items filling it too. Like the piggy bank, and that signed party invite. Those are treasure for sure!! I wonder what sort of coins are in that bank too? Enjoyed getting to poke around ;) Thanks again for the tour.

PS-love the new back ground :)

27. Sue says

Deb, I never realized that the pub room was actually your dining room in its former life! It’s a much better use of space for you. How many of us really use our dining rooms on a daily basis? I sure don’t. Hope all is well with you. It’s snowy and cold here in Ohio. Brrrr…..

28. Lynn says

Oh heck I just love the whole thing. You got the right idea….making that area into a PUB!!! That would be the hang out spot during family dinners, parties, etc if we did that :)