Valentine Mantel ideas 2013 {Purple, red, pink and Pinecones}

Hello lovelies!

I love Valentines day and all the vibrant reds and pinks it brings to us.

Now this combo, again, a little off beat.

But hey, that’s how I roll…

I’m off! what can I say:)

IMG_2260-1024x682 Valentine Mantel ideas 2013 {Purple, red, pink and Pinecones}

As the title mentioned, red, purple, pink and pinecones.

IMG_2262-1024x682 Valentine Mantel ideas 2013 {Purple, red, pink and Pinecones}

It’s a little dangerous having this chocolate around when you are dieting.

But, I am being good

so

far.

IMG_2272-1024x682 Valentine Mantel ideas 2013 {Purple, red, pink and Pinecones}

I was a little nervous about my color combination this year.

But you

know

I

LOVE

color!

IMG_2263-1024x682 Valentine Mantel ideas 2013 {Purple, red, pink and Pinecones}

We love a touch of vintage, and whimsy too!

vintage-bottles-1024x682 Valentine Mantel ideas 2013 {Purple, red, pink and Pinecones}

It all started because of these vintage bottles I found a few weeks back

I love them on our mantel

and had to keep them for a while.

Valentine-mantel-2013-691x1024 Valentine Mantel ideas 2013 {Purple, red, pink and Pinecones}

And these urns must stay for a bit too. I just filled them with some simple paper faux stems.

They can carry me til Spring on the mantel.

Valentine-mantel-1024x682 Valentine Mantel ideas 2013 {Purple, red, pink and Pinecones}

Floating hearts came from dollar tree.

Decorating for the Seasons and holidays do not need to cost a fortune.

Just get creative on the cheap.

I tied the hearts  with a very thin

pink ribbon and then as you can see streamed them down.

dollar-tree-valentine-682x1024 Valentine Mantel ideas 2013 {Purple, red, pink and Pinecones}

XOXO came from Tarjay around 10 years ago.

rose-petals-on-the-floor-682x1024 Valentine Mantel ideas 2013 {Purple, red, pink and Pinecones}

Rose petals on the floor.

Valentine-mantel-purple-red-pink-and-pinecones Valentine Mantel ideas 2013 {Purple, red, pink and Pinecones}

I know it seems early to be decorating for V-Day, but I tell you all the stores push it up, earlier and earlier each year.

family-room Valentine Mantel ideas 2013 {Purple, red, pink and Pinecones}

kitchen-014-432x650 Valentine Mantel ideas 2013 {Purple, red, pink and Pinecones}

Happy Valentine’s day!

sweet_kiss Valentine Mantel ideas 2013 {Purple, red, pink and Pinecones}

You can follow me around if you like.

social-media-icons-for-blog Valentine Mantel ideas 2013 {Purple, red, pink and Pinecones}

Share mepinterest Valentine Mantel ideas 2013 {Purple, red, pink and Pinecones}facebook Valentine Mantel ideas 2013 {Purple, red, pink and Pinecones}twitter Valentine Mantel ideas 2013 {Purple, red, pink and Pinecones}google Valentine Mantel ideas 2013 {Purple, red, pink and Pinecones}reddit Valentine Mantel ideas 2013 {Purple, red, pink and Pinecones}stumbleupon Valentine Mantel ideas 2013 {Purple, red, pink and Pinecones}print Valentine Mantel ideas 2013 {Purple, red, pink and Pinecones}email Valentine Mantel ideas 2013 {Purple, red, pink and Pinecones}

Comments

Love your Valentine’s touches, Debbie! I don’t really decorate for Valentine’s Day, but I like to have a “nod” to it with some red and romantic looking things about. Plus, what I make for my Etsy, I sometimes put around {rather than just having it sit on a shelf in my craft/sewing room waiting to sell!}. Your saying you’re “off” made me smile. I had a running joke with one of my grandmothers when I was a teen. I’d leave her and say “I’m off!” and she’d say “You certainly are!”.

2. Indalaity says

Love the combo pinks purples red s the little hearts are so sweet I don’t see the clock did it fall off the mantel and break lol

HI Debbie Dear! Oh, honey, this is so lovely! Love those little hanging hearts an your purpley bottles look just perfect on your mantel. Your home is so beautiful and I love this room. Now you’re the kind of off that I just love! :)
    Just in case you didn’t know, I’m off too! :)
    Be a sweetie,
    shelia ;)

4. Rondell says

I love those sweet hanging hearts Deb! Working at DT I see all of it and just never thought to do that with the hearts…neat idea!

5. Linda says

Debbie,

Really like the touches of purple, very nice! It isn’t garish, just seems to bring out the red & pinks a bit stronger. Love the bottles too. I’m always looking “on the cheap”; $ Tree & Target $ spots have such fun things!
    Thanks for sharing!

6. MariaElena says

Oh, Debbie, I love, love your mantle! The purple bottles look so pretty with the red and pink colors and the little hanging hearts just finish it off so beautifully. Love this look. So original!

7. Penny @ The Comforts of Home & Flea Market Makeovers says

Love those purple bottles! What a great combo of colors for V-Day…

Oh Debbie, I’d be eating all that chocolate if I had it close by! So proud of your “will power” on your diet…you can do it! Love your mantle, so “sweet” with all those “hearts”!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

I love it, and I love the addition of the purple to Valentine’s Day! Why not be different? It looks great. Those purple bottles are fantastic too!

I put bright red bows on my outdoor topiary that has hot pink cyclamen growing around the base of the topiary. At first I thought it was too much, but left it. I’m surprised at all that comment on it when they come to our door. Guess bright colors are attention getters. Your mantel and valentine touches will get attention. They are full of color and those rose petals …… very romantic. ;-)

11. tammy says

I don’t think your off. I think you are a very creative person. I love those bottles! I am a purple person.