Roosters are in da House!

Happy New Year everyone!~

Hope everyone rang it in with a bang.

We had a great time celebrating!

In fact so much so, before we knew it, it was 2:45 in the morning and I said HOLY MOLY it’s time to go Mike.

Our boys are going to be so tired today.  They start back to school tomorrow…and of course that will be difficult to get them up  and at em tomorrow

Today, I am sharing one of my many stenciled tea towels

that you have seen over and over again.

I may have someone totally new today reading and this will be a first for them:)

This one however, is a tad different than the rest.

I love Roosters and have had this stencil rooster for awhile  now.

Here was my very first project I ever used him on.

Loved these painted and stenciled bar stools and they were simple to do.

So one sunny morning I sat at the kitchen table and decided a tea towel would look lovely with a roo on it.

I am easing into our Winter decorating and I am sorta in limbo as to what to do.

I just want to go right into Valentines decorating.

Love plaids this time of year.

Found the ribbon at Walmart.

Of course the recipe stencil had to be added…

I am starting to now layer my stencils.

UH oh, who knows what I will add next.

Maybe a heart.

I am sure you will see this guy floating around the kitchen for the Winter months.

Have a great day everyone.

Now we are getting ready to celebrate the day with a Southern traditional meal at another friends house.

Pork chops

collard greens

black eyed peas

corn bread, and chow chow.

mmmmm…it is fabulous!

See ya later.

XO

Comments

Okay- I am laughing because you were in a hurry when you posted this. You’re having PORCH chops? Ummmm…I might BELIEVE you were having PORK chops….lol Well, at least now you know I am one of those blogging idiots that reads every word. Cute towel, by the way! xo Diana

Debbie! How appropriate that you start the new year a signature rooster! I think you could add a hen and a heart…but it might take another towel! No poultry recipes please…LOL. Happy New Year to you and your family! Enjoy that wonderful taste of the South!
    ~Lynne
    w/L.

Love the way you stenciled the rooster. Wish I was eating at your house. Nothing planned here and it is cold and raining so I don’t want to go to the store.

My favorite yet! So adorable. I’ve got to make the long trip (about 1.5 hours) to visit my closest Hobby Lobby store soon – well – as soon as the snow goes away! I need more stencils quick so I can be like Debbiedoos. So darn cute Debbie. Happy New Year to you too. Peggy

Debbie,
    OMG!!!! Love the Ro towel. That is so adorable. So so cute. Have a great new years meal. That sounds so yummy. Enjoy. Happy New Year!!!!!! Yeah!!!!!
    Kris

• says

Debbie,
      PS. I wanted to say how much I love your new background on the blog. I love the yellow and teal blue together and your cute blue RO on the header. It really feels warm and inviting and adorable when your blog comes up. Love it.
      Kris

Hi, Debbi

I just enjoyed looking around your lovely blog and very inspiring. I am a new follower too. Happy New Year’s and enjoy your day.

Hugs,

Vanessa

Wasn’t going to get into any projects for awhile….but….
    I just might have to…………
    Cute tea towel…. and I love roosters……
    Now to find a rooster stencil………….

8. Kris says

2:45!!! Wow, we haven’t seen that hour in YEARS!!!!
    Happy New Year Debbie!!! Love your stenciled tea towels!!!
    Hugs,
    Kris

Happy New Year Debbie!

I like that recipe stencil in any application, and since I’m a big rooster fan, I like that too. I was thinking as I read this that I haven’t stenciled in years. I don’t know why, either. I like to do it;

Sounds like fun! 2:45am wow!! My youngest went back to school today and it was hard getting up at 6 again. Your tea towel is adorable. I haven’t taken down my Christmas stuff yet but I will this weekend. I never know how to decorate again before Valentine’s Day..I like to keep it simple and uncluttered for a bit after all the Christmas hoopla!

Love the layered look, super cute towel Debbie!!
    We had a late late night NYE too, we just lounged around in our pj’s yesterday! My kids didn’t want to get up for school today either but I couldn’t wait for them to leave so I could start taking down all the Christmas stuff (NOT FUN!!)

12. Sonny says

lovin the roos .. I still have them in my home too and leave them out all year. sometimes they get a bow even lol.

we had ham collards black eyed peas n cornbread..
    Here’s to Health- Wealth and Happiness in 2013~!

Debbie, I thought you were going to take it a little easy this week….you sure are off to a busy start with another cute project. Very sweet!

What cute tea towels! I haven’t stenciled anything in years but it might be time to try it again.

Hope your New Year’s celebration meal was delish…we did ham, greens, black eyed peas, yams and biscuits (no cornbread because my boys wanted left over biscuits to go with the ham!!!) Lets all hope it brings us all GREAT luck in the New Year!

Adorable!! I have to admit I’m not typically a fan of roosters (I know that breaks your heart…sniff) but you may have won me over with this guy! Great job on that towel. It’s so cute. Hope you enjoyed your good ol’ Southern meal yesterday. We ate our black-eyed peas and crafted with them yesterday!

Happy New Year, Debbie! What a *cute* idea for the stencil….I love the tea towel! Your meal yesterday was ours almost verbatim. The only difference at the Treleaven house is that we substituted fried chicken wings for pork chops!

xo,
    RJ

Love your signature rooster towel, Debbie (especially how you’re now layering them)! Look forward to seeing all that you get into this year! Happy 2013!

That towel is just too cute!! I love the rooster!
    No banging in the New Year here…too sick. I was in bed by 9:30 so even missed the ball drop!
    Happy New Year to you and the family! Kids up here don’t go back to school till Monday, your poor boys must be so tired!
    Debbie :)

Sounds like you had a blast! I love the rooster mixed in with your recipe stencil and you did a really nice job on the rooster as well. I like how he has different shades. Happy New Year!

What a cute idea to combine such different stencils, Deb! Love the look of the two together. :-) I am craft-challenged- LOL Right now I’m in the midst of a total clean-out of “stuff”. I always purge and clean after the new year begins and I’ve put away the holiday decor. I am in chaos!!!! I have to get back to the blogging world, too. I’ve had no inspiration and haven’t even done much visiting of friends. Hope to get my mojo back soon. Happy New Year wishes to you! ~ Sue