Old chippy Shabby chic vintage mirror {Newbie w a twist party started}

HI!

Welcome to the Newbie with a twist party.

Before we get started I wanted to share something, my husband actually spied and later went back to purchase.

This is an old chippy shabby chic style vintage mirror.

IMG_2660 Old chippy Shabby chic vintage mirror {Newbie w a twist party started}

I

think.

Not really sure of the era, but if I had to guess, I would say 1940-50’s.

IMG_26431 Old chippy Shabby chic vintage mirror {Newbie w a twist party started}

As you can see some of the chip and the mirror has that crackle to it.

what is that called if anyone knows?

IMG_2644 Old chippy Shabby chic vintage mirror {Newbie w a twist party started}

So this is how the story goes.

My husband and I were out looking for a craft desk for me.

I just wanted something old, wood, simple, and cheap.

Found it.

In the meant time Mike was walking around and saw this mirror.

IMG_2641 Old chippy Shabby chic vintage mirror {Newbie w a twist party started}

He showed it to me, and I said, yes very pretty.

We have no where to put it,

and we left.

Later on in the week, Mike told me, that mirror “spoke” to him.

There was something about it.

IMG_2640 Old chippy Shabby chic vintage mirror {Newbie w a twist party started}

I told him, there was something about Mary too! icon_smile Old chippy Shabby chic vintage mirror {Newbie w a twist party started}

I said, go get it, and figure it out where to put it.

The price was right, so that is what he did.

The End.

If you missed our Valentine family room you may check it out.

IMG_26601 Old chippy Shabby chic vintage mirror {Newbie w a twist party started}

I believe you can see the old mirror in one of the pics.

This one just lightens and brightens so much nicer.

First a few reminders

our Valentine’s Dollar tree decor party is happening NOW!

following the ending of that  party

will be

my Magazine copy cat challenge on January 28th.

There will

be

NEWBIE

Party that week, and the magazine copy cat party will be in place of that.

If your new here, go on up and check out my copy cat collection to see what it is all about.

Let’s get this party started!

Don’t forget, to mix and mingle and make some new friends.

that is why you are here!

Mix with the Newbie graduates too…they are super people that not too long ago

doing the very same that you are today, which is looking for new blogging friends and connections.

blank-for-graphics1 Old chippy Shabby chic vintage mirror {Newbie w a twist party started}

Please be sure to add my link or button to your post.

I plan on shouting and sharing on Facebook, and then doing a big feature post each week.

facebook-12 Old chippy Shabby chic vintage mirror {Newbie w a twist party started}

I also pin a few while I am at it…so follow me along there if you wish.

pinterest-9 Old chippy Shabby chic vintage mirror {Newbie w a twist party started}

Please add my link or button. If I don’t see it, I can’t feature you.  Thanks:)

NEWBIESblogging 6 months or less and/or less than 100 followers.

NEWBIE graduates:  You were a former participant in the party and have now since graduated.  ALSO, open to ALL DIY/CRAFT bloggers.

I am combining the lists to make it simpler for ALL to link up.

Share mepinterest Old chippy Shabby chic vintage mirror {Newbie w a twist party started}facebook Old chippy Shabby chic vintage mirror {Newbie w a twist party started}twitter Old chippy Shabby chic vintage mirror {Newbie w a twist party started}google Old chippy Shabby chic vintage mirror {Newbie w a twist party started}reddit Old chippy Shabby chic vintage mirror {Newbie w a twist party started}stumbleupon Old chippy Shabby chic vintage mirror {Newbie w a twist party started}print Old chippy Shabby chic vintage mirror {Newbie w a twist party started}email Old chippy Shabby chic vintage mirror {Newbie w a twist party started}

Comments

Hi Debbie Dear! Oh, what a man you’ve got! Keep him! I love your olden mirror and that’s a great place to put it! I just love your home and your style. Hope you’re having a good weekend.
    Can’t wait to see your desk!
    be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

I just love when that happens to me…and to think it happened to your hubby, too. When I find something I love, I buy it. THEN I figure out where to put it! This is perfect for your home! Hubby did GOOD!

That is so funny! Are you sure your roles aren’t reversed now??? LOL! I know my husband might tell me that a fishing rod was calling his name or a knife but NEVER a shabby chic style mirror! I don’t think you’re the only decorator living in your house these days. Your mantel looks very romantic and ready for Valentines Day now. Now, go tell him that some roses are calling your name and you must have them!

Hi Debbie,
    That’s a very nice chippy shabby mirror. I love that it spoke to your DH. That is the same feeling that I had about the item that I’m sharing at your party this week. It spoke to me, it said “Come and buy me quick”!
    Thanks for hosting again and have a fabulous week.

Very fun! I love when things ‘speak’ to our husbands! I’m glad it was still available when you went back.

Have a great day.
    Pam

You two have so much fun and your happy home shows it,love this mirror and the way yall placed over the mantel it’s perfect.
    Debbie ole buddy ole pal you are the sweetest in blogland.I appreciate you mentioning my little ole heart hanger,it just tickles me.Thank you! You are one of the blog host that makes it so much fun to blog,again I want to tell you how I appreciate all that you do to keep us inspired and loving to try and be creative.We are having so much fun!!!!!
    ~Jo @ LoblollyLane

I smiled at your “something about Mary” comment. I also smiled that the husband was actually the first one to say that the mirror was calling to him. That doesn’t happen often around here, and I love it when it does. I’m so glad you bought the mirror because I love things like that.

I haven’t put the first X, O, or heart out in this house yet. I haven’t known whether I was coming or going for over a week. I need to get on the stick!

8. MariaElena says

What a gorgeous mirror! It was meant to be in your home! Thank you for hosting, Debbie and have a great week!

Wow, impressive husband! I’m just excited when I can get mine to help me bring home a pallet or something, but he would never buy something, in fact he would try to get me out of the store before I could buy it!

Thanks for hosting, I’m linking up a stool that my 12 year old made and finished.

Hi Debbie! Found your Web site through the Graphics Fairy. Love it! Your mirror was the top of a dresser from around 1910. It is probably oak underneath the paint. Looks great above your mantel!

Good thing Mike listens when mirrors speak to him, it looks like great. As for something about Mary, didn’t like that movie, but admit I laughed pretty loud during the bathroom zipper scene.

Bliss

I love that the mirror spoke to Mike. I hope that happens to Matt when we go shopping in Old Town Spring soon. (It was his idea to spend the day down there soon and I couldn’t believe it.) Mike has really good taste…that mirror is beautiful and I can see why he was drawn to it. The black chandy looks great hanging in front of it too.

Love the mirror Debbie! It is such a pretty and unique piece. Also, wanted to say thank you for having this party for us non-newbies who are coming back from retirement. I love your blog and always appreciate your kindness to all of us that visit! You are a great host!! :)

Debbie I love that mirror! I am cracking up that your husband told you “it spoke to him”! Obviously you have him well trained! Have a great week. -K