My plate is full {Valentine’s craft with mod podge and stencils}

Hello there!

Happy Saturday.

The sun is shining and it’s going to be a great day!

Today I am sharing a Valentine’s craft with mod podge, stencils and dollar tree decor.

So I have to admit, I was a little excited to share this Valentine craft with you all.

I know, we are still more than a month out and here I go rushing things along again.

I don’t mean to.

It’s the stores fault, not mine.

The Valentine’s Dollar tree party will be here before you know it.

Therefore, I want to inspire you with some ideas in the meantime!

Don’t you just love these pretty heart table scatters?

They come in packs of red and pinks

Not sure how or why this little project popped in my head.

I am sure it is not an original, because as we are aware….

nothing usually is….

However, I will tell you, I have not seen anything  exactly like it, so it is a Debbiedoo’s original.

I have seen stenciling done on a plate before.

{stencils came from Walmart} they are the peel and stick kind.

The quote on the plate

well,

we have all said that before haven’t we?

Did I mention I love these hearts?

I may have to go back and get more.

The cute glass is also from the Dollar tree

last season.

“My plate is full”

and you can understand why.

These guys totally fill my heart, fill my life and fulfilled every dream a girl could ever wish for.

{totally mushy, I know, but oh so very true}

The END…..

XO

P.S.  The mod podge was still wet when I took these photos…I told you I was excited.

Here is a sneak peek at some Dollar tree cupcake liner carnations.

Full tut and reveal coming soon…so bookmark Debbiedoo’s and come back for more inspired Dollar tree Valentine’s ideas and the upcoming party for inspiration.

{January 17th}

Share mePin on Pinterest11Share on Facebook0Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Google+5Share on Reddit0Share on StumbleUpon0Print this pageEmail this to someone

Comments

I’m already thinking about Valentine’s Day too and you know I’m not normally one to rush things! January just needs a little pink and red to get rid of the post-Christmas doldrums.

This is SO cute! I’ve been looking at those hearts and trying to think what to do with them other than put them in a jar — this is a really clever way to use them! And YOU are not rushing the holiday . . . I decorated for Valentine’s Day on Jan. 1 after I took down all the Christmas decorations!

3. MariaElena says

What a pretty, pretty idea! I love your words and the little hearts are so cute. Great inspiration, Debbie!

Love the hearts and the plate with stenciling is very, very cute! But I went by the Dollartree in my area and somebody forgot to stock it with valentines stuff other than candy. I certainly hope they get their act together cause I can’t wait to get started!

Hi Debbie
    Originally found you on Rate My Space — Finally decided to come out of the shadows and comment on your creativity. You really do have an eye for color and placement. I have always enjoyed your ideas. Thanks for sharing!!

Oh I love this! I don’t think you are rushing things too much. People need to be able to see this stuff early in case they want to copy it!!! The little hearts are adorable. Enjoy the rest of your weekend…Ann

Debbie, This is soooooo sweet. Your boys, all three, are very special and I know they bring joy to your life daily. Give them big hugs tomorrow and tell them I said, “HI”!
    Love to all, Ginger

8. JaneEllen says

Doggone I saw those little hearts tonight and didn’t get them as I couldn’t think what to do with them besides putting then in a jar or a bottle. By the time I get back to $tree they’ll be gone as there weren’t that many of them. Shoot. What good does 2nd. guessing do?
    Now that I’m an old lady (72 1/2), I am wishing so many times, after seeing you young gals with your kids and your lives ahead of you, that I could start again with my kids. I’d be a very different kind of mother I think. I was very much influenced by an older generation, constantly told how I was doing things wrong, how that older generation thought I’d “better” and “should” do things with my kids (4 of them). My” kids” are now 52, 50, 48, 42 (last one from 2nd. marriage). That’s why we’re called the sandwich generation.
    They’re all finding out what it’s like to raise children, without comments from Mom and Dad. They’ve all done a pretty darned good job from what we can see as the grand kids (6) are all good kids, nobody in trouble, do well in school, etc. Just an observation from a different generation. I applaud all of you. It’s not easy raising kids in any time. Enjoy every minute with them even when they’re being obnoxious, lol. Happy 2013 Debbie and family

Oh I LOVE this idea!! I was just in our $store and wow!! the valentines season
    is in full swing….
    Must check out Walmart for those stencils.