Cottage Kitchen complete transformation tour

Hi there!

Today’s featured home tour is a refresher from

Anita’s first Cottage in the Mountains home tour previously from last year.

Actually, I am just spotlighting her kitchen/dining area makeover.

Reason being,

I

LOVE

Anita’s {Far above rubies}

kitchen makeover, and wanted to share her budget friendly, completely transformed Cottage style kitchen.

These are all the before, which I LOVED and still do….

Good taste is good taste all the way around.

But the makeover

well,

I will let you swoon over that.

Anita, incorporated mostly all her Grandfathers special treasures into her makeover.

Vintage cottage flair at it’s best.

These are still the before pics btw..but still gorgeous none-the-less.

Anita and I met way back when.  We among many others out here were all active members of Rate my space and formed special friendships because of that site.

Anita, out of the crew was the first to start a blog.

I remember being very envious of her new venture and shortly thereafter decided it would be a good fit for me as well.

Now back to her kitchen/dining room.

FIRST…

Anita started with paint…

and

I

adore

Blue!

Anita has a love for vintage

and family treasures as I do.

Like for instance these feed sacks were hare grandfathers and she decided to make a little tier out of them.

How very special to look at every day.

What a perfect, homey touch

She painted some cabinets

and changed out the hardware.

Also made this cute

little sink skirt.

Anita also loves

Seasonal decor and tablescapes

and she really does some gorgeous ones

If you are not familiar with Anita’s blog, I would recommend the read

highly!

She has all these projects, tablescapes and more on her blog.

You will walk away skipping a beat.

There are so many wonderful attributes about Anita and her blog, I just had to share her again.

Far above rubies

Have a great day everyone.

See you later for the Power of Pinterest party.

XO

Comments

1. Rondell says

That is so darn cute! I love the sink skirt and of course her feedsack cutains at the kitchen window. The blue is so fresh and pretty!

Thanks for sharing another great kitchen makeover…love your scrolling, home features, in your sidebar!
    Will pop over to say hello to Anita, now…have a great weekend. See you @ the party!

3. linda says

well i always loved Anita,s house it is filled with love and charm she did and awsome job love the feed sac s and the charming sink skirt.I love that she is so scentimental and treasures all her family history.she is just so real i feel like i know her just from looking at her house .And talking about her family and faith in God .Thanks for shareing

Oh Debbie, thank you so much for the feature!! Now, you didn’t mention that you girls all left me in the dust after you started blogging, lol! I’m so proud of you and how far you have come:-)

5. Melanie says

I have always loved Anita’s kitchen!!! Even more now since she painted the cabinets. It’s such a nice feeling to have that we all came from RMS and how she went back and forth on painting, lol. She made one heck of a statement when she did….absolutely beautiful! Of course using her family’s old things makes it even more sweet to me. What talent she has!

Thanks for sharing Anita’s beautiful kitchen and dining area Debbie. Isn’t she something? Her mix of family pieces and her own style … a perfect blend and a stunning end result. I just luv her home..
    Hugs, Gee

I agree, the “before” was gorgeous and now the “after” is stunning! She has a real talent for decorating. I love, love the new cabinet finish!

Thanks to both of you for sharing ~
    Pat

So true, wonderful kitchen before and even better after!!! So enjoyed looking at this kitchen transformation. A redo is in the plans for ours so it is great getting such inspiration from others!
    Hope you are having a wonderful weekend Debbie!
    Cindy