The gift that keeps on giving! {diy holiday gift ideas}

Not only is this stencil a running joke out here in blogland,

it is as well in my family.

Especially, my wise allicky sister.

While here visiting,

she went through the kitchen counting how many times I used it….

and read it over and over…mentioning…

it really is not a recipe.

Well NO KIDDING!

Hopefully you never attempted it.

You may see under my stencil projects, just how many times you will find it.

Go play some eye spy!

IMG_0325-1024x801 The gift that keeps on giving! {diy holiday gift ideas}

Look familiar now?

recipe stencil found at Hobby lobby for $2.99…you can get it half off on a sale day.

I mentioned on Facebook that this Christmas was going to be a lot of diy

hand made with love gifts, to family and friends.

We are saving our dollars for Dublin.

IMG_0327-682x1024 The gift that keeps on giving! {diy holiday gift ideas}

We are very excited about our upcoming trip to Ireland in the Spring with the High school Marching band

Can you believe the mayor of Dublin invited them to march in the St. Patrick’s day Parade?

IMG_0245-1024x682 The gift that keeps on giving! {diy holiday gift ideas}

That is a HUGE deal.

In fact, probably one of the hugest we will see in a long time.

Now back to my diy gifts….

look there is a real recipe?

Yes, and a good one..thank you Donna.

IMG_0312-682x1024 The gift that keeps on giving! {diy holiday gift ideas}

This stocking will be filled with some goodies…plus extra bonus

they have a really cute kitchen recipe stocking now.

This idea was inspired from an inspired blogging friend Peggy.

Peggy does not have a blog, but she is a regular reader of mine.

IMG_0283-682x1024 The gift that keeps on giving! {diy holiday gift ideas}

Peggy loved my recipe stencil so much….

that I sent her one of her very own.

IMG_0282-682x1024 The gift that keeps on giving! {diy holiday gift ideas}

Now Peggy can stencil everything in site…

if she chooses too as I apparently have.

recipestocking-459x1024 The gift that keeps on giving! {diy holiday gift ideas}

This is Peggy’s adorable stocking.

I love how she randomly placed the recipe.

Looks so cute.

IMG_0249-682x1024 The gift that keeps on giving! {diy holiday gift ideas}

Did I mention I bought my stockings at the Dollar tree?

If you happened to miss the 100 + Dollar tree Christmas decor,

you may want to check that out for some awesome inspiration on a budget.

IMG_0334-1024x682 The gift that keeps on giving! {diy holiday gift ideas}

The red stocking needed a cinnamon stick snowflake…don’t you think?

This actually is for a friend of mine who loves texture and nature, so I thought this was the perfect embellishment.

Thanks for stopping by today!

Gotta go stencil!

Dollar-tree-stocking The gift that keeps on giving! {diy holiday gift ideas}

My blogging friend Linda just mentioned she made one in burlap. I do believe this is where Peggy must have seen the inspiration…through one of my bazillion parties.

burlap%2Bxmas%2Bstocking%2B016 The gift that keeps on giving! {diy holiday gift ideas}

Sharing with:
WOW us Wednesday

Share mepinterest The gift that keeps on giving! {diy holiday gift ideas}facebook The gift that keeps on giving! {diy holiday gift ideas}twitter The gift that keeps on giving! {diy holiday gift ideas}google The gift that keeps on giving! {diy holiday gift ideas}reddit The gift that keeps on giving! {diy holiday gift ideas}stumbleupon The gift that keeps on giving! {diy holiday gift ideas}print The gift that keeps on giving! {diy holiday gift ideas}email The gift that keeps on giving! {diy holiday gift ideas}

Comments

Debbie, I like it made into the stocking, so cute:) Also love the font you used. I bet you will have a wonderful time on your trip. My husband is Irish and we would love to go sometime.

Since I’ve been so hit and miss, I must have missed the recipe rather than hit it. It’s all so cute! I’m so excited for you about the trip to Dublin and the ability to march in the most GENUINE St. Patty’s Day parade of them all. I don’t know how I didn’t know you were a band parent. I was too (for one of mine). We never got to do something as wonderful as that though!

3. Sonny says

love that stencil and all the great projects that have been done with it.
    enjoy every moment of this memory making trip.
    xoxo

I’ve been to Ireland once not Dublin but you will love every second of it…I’m so excited for you and your son to march in such an event. Love your DIY gifts!

Really cute ideas Debbie. I have that stencil, but it is still clean, like unused. Better get busy with it and make some stockings.
    With such sadness and heavy hearts, Christmas will be a little less cheerful this year.
    Hugs and Merry Christmas.
    Audrey Z.

Oh Debbie your stockings are just too cute for words! I can’t thank you enough for sending me the stencil, and yes, it was Linda’s stocking that I saw displayed on one of your presentations that gave me the “I have to have one of those” thoughts. . Even though we are seniors and kids are grown and gone, I still decorate like crazy at Christmas. My poor hubby just rolls his eyes! I tell hin to think of it as a Notre Dame event! Ha! I should have done the Notre Dame tree decorations this year, but all the trimmings went to Good Will last year. Again, thanks for much for sending me the stencil to complete my vision, and thanks to Linda for the inspiration too. Looking forward to hearing about the band trip too- how every exciting! Peggy

OhI love this idea. So cute and different and I love how it is lovely on all the different textures. How exciting that you are going to Ireland. It is on my list of places to go someday.

As soon as you started talking about a stencil you sue a lot, I knew which one it would be. It is very cute and the stocking with recipes makes a great gift idea.

9. Kris says

Cute and clever gift ideas!!! I am so excited for you to be going to Ireland! I would LOVE to go there! I have a friend who recently spent three weeks there with her daughter, and traced their ancestors and visited many relatives!
    FUN stuff!!!
    xo Kris

Debbie: That stencil makes the cutest stocking. You could stuff that with a lot of things. What an opportunity of a life time. What an honor to be invited to Ireland. A busy time coming up..Happy Wednesday..Judy

Love your stocking. I, for one, never get tired of your stencil. :) It’s exciting enough to be able to visit Ireland, but then to be invited to march in the St. Patrick’s Day parade, that puts it over the top! Happy Holidays!

I love that stencil and how you can use it in so many ways! The stockings are so cute!! I really love the cinnamon stick snowflake..what a great embellishment! Clever clever!
    You are going to LOVE Ireland!

How adorable!!!! Love the stocking idea, very cute! That would make a great little gift, stuffed with all kinds of goodies! Thanks for sharing! Merry Christmas!