O Christmas tree, O Christmas tree…..

Well finally, last post for the Christmas season…

our Christmas tree.

This year, I went pretty simple.

Every year I try to change it up a bit.

This year I used lime green mesh.

The  pretty lime green, along with the flocked pre-lit Christmas tree, looked pretty as is.

I did however, add a few more Christmas ornaments.

If the ornaments were not home made or post cards, they came from the dollar tree…

snow flakes, bows and icicles.  I went with the silver and green theme.

You remember my upcycled jar lids...

now the make sense after seeing the tree….

I love the simplicity of vintage post cards clipped on with clothes pins

the toy sign came from Target many years ago.

My diyPottery barn knock off garland is a regular for the past few years now.

Some ornaments just hold special meaning…

Like this pretty hand made snowflake.  A little elderly lady made that for me about 25 years ago when I worked at a Doctor’s office.

I remember her handing it to me as she was leaving, and telling me what a nice girl I was and to have  a Merry Christmas.

This diy vintage post card I did a few years back.

It was a fun little mod podge project I did.

And I do believe that is about it.

I did add a little vintage tone to the photo.

Merry Christmas to all!

I keep forgetting like I am forgetting someone, or something this year.

I guess we will find out soon.

XO

Share mePin on Pinterest12Share on Facebook0Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Google+0Share on Reddit0Share on StumbleUpon0Print this pageEmail this to someone

Comments

1. Sonny says

what a lovely memory tree Deb. love all the greens and homemade ornaments.

Merriest of Christmas’ to you and your family.

Debbie, it’s a delightfully charming tree. I love the idea of clipping the vintage post cards on a tree.
    I know you and your guys are going to have a Merry, Merry Holiday together in your warm, cozy home.
    Wishing each of you the best for 2013………….Christmas Hugs, Sarah

3. Rondell says

I love the lime green mesh Deb so darn cute! It is a gorgeous tree and love the ornaments from the DT no one can say they don’t look like they come from Macy’s:)

It’s beautiful Debbie, and as usual I love all your special touches and cherished decorations. I used copper and gold deco mesh for the first time one one of our tress and just love it. Your silver and lime green is so very pretty. Enjoy and Merry Christmas!

You have been a bounty of inspiration this year Debbie! Such a gorgeous tree! I love the story of the sweet snowflake, it reminds me, that is the person I want to be every day of my life, someone who does a little nice something for someone that will always bring them a smile :)
    xoxoxo, Andrea

Love it, Debbie!…Will be int ouch after the Holiday is over,,,I’m about burnt out from projects and preps…can’t wait for a break! Wishing you a fantastic day!!!

Beautiful! That shade of green against the white is so pretty. I love the simple ornaments attached with clothespin too. I’m going to have to steal that for next year :) It all looks perfect. Have a wonderful time with your family!

Deb: Your tree looks beautiful. I really like the idea of the postcards clipped with clothespins. I have so many of them and don’t ever use them all..Have a Merry Christmas with your loved ones..Judy

Debbie your tree is lovely, you always come up with the most beautiful fresh and unique ideas, my wish for you is the happiest of happiest holiday season, when I think of you I see that beautiful smile, best wishes from Canada1

So pretty, Debbie! Don’t you love the special ornaments and the memories they hold? I always enjoy taking them out each year and relishing in the who/what /where.

Wishing you and your loved ones a very Merry Christmas!
    Pat

Wow, Debbie, your tree is just beautiful! I really like the flocked tree and the green mesh just pops. Hope you have had a wonderful Christmas!