Christmas decor in a Country French, Rustic Kitchen

I guess that is what I will call my kitchen style,

Country French Rustic style…and I will show you how I decorated for Christmas in such Kitchen.

Nothing fancy, nothing lots…just a few simple touches here and there.

90% percent of our Kitchen decor, is either thrifted, gifted or Goodwill.

Some decor is even out of the dumpster.

Gifted, red vintage kitchen scale

hmmm…those are my thoughts every night when I think what’s for dinner tonight.

{Old better homes and gardens magazine recently gifted from FIL}

my Dumpster pallet

added my  J O Y Mod podge ornaments and cute little Christmas displays.

This White chippy old scale is a recent find from a thrift store.

turns out to be the same brand as the red one….

this one though is in rough shape.  I liked it this way.

How cute are these?

50 cents each at an antique mall in Buffalo, NY

Rooster cookie jar, recently gifted from FIL.

You remember my Peppermint sparkly tree?

Well what you did not see is this fantastic piece it now resides on.

My FIL also brought me this baby recently.

as he liked to put it…a Garage patina look.

This sucker is OLD, and worn..I will show you more next time..it really is cool an fits perfect.

We bought the stained glass piece a few months ago…it just was calling our name.

Also, you may like my diy burlap no sew valances….

FREE.

Do you know you can ask your grocer for the burlap coffee or rice bags?

try it…

these are coffee bags, and they were given to me.

The red stockings are from Walmart

I just kind of scattered them about.

I guess you can say I went with traditional reds and greens this year in the kitchen.

That’s about all for my Holiday kitchen decor.

Thanks for stopping by today.

Sharing with:

Southern Hospitality

Savvy Southern style

Funky junk interiors

Common ground

(Vintage inspiration)

Inspired room

My 2012 Holiday Knock off decor party is live action NOW…

Share mePin on Pinterest26Share on Facebook0Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Google+5Share on Reddit0Share on StumbleUpon0Print this pageEmail this to someone

Comments

Hi Debbie Dear! Oh, I love how your kitchen looks all Christmased up! I need that red scale! :) I love your blog look too and your new snap of you looking as pretty as pumpkin pie! ;) I’m all ready to copy cat party with you! ;)
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

I LOVE your Christmas kitchen, Debbie! Seeing it has brought back memories of how I would decorate the kitchen at our old house. We always seemed to congregate in there so I loved having it full of Christmas. Love all your towels and the plates on your rack. Those gingerbread molds are adorable and perfect over your stove.
    Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions recently posted…Holiday CopycatMy Profile

3. Penny @ The Comforts of Home & Flea Market Makeovers says

Your kitchen looks wonderful all decked out for Christmas. I would love to spend time there sipping hot chocolate and baking Christmas cookies.

4. Karen K says

I’m from Buffalo!!…Now you have to tell me WHICH Antique Mall did you visit??…And how did you hang those awesome cookie cutters on your backspash??

Bright, airy, cheery, cozy….it’s a wonderful kitchen and twice as nice decorated for Christmas! I LOVE that Better Homes and Gardens picture….

You have one good looking kitchen for it being decorated with thrifted, GW, and hand me down items. My favorite part is the the huge gingerbread over the stove. Also love your new winter header:)

Hi Debbie: Your kitchen looks great! Love those gingerbreadmen cookie cutter or for cakes? Your FIL is really wonderful to bring you all the things you love. Mine used to work at K-Mart and would always bring me choclate covered cherries because he knew I loved them. I didn’t complain!..Happy Sunday..Judy. P.S. Great new sexy picture!

Your FIL sure is sweet to give you so many cute things! I like the red and white stockings hanging on the back of the chairs. Also love the gingerbread men molds above your stove.

I love all your kitchen Christmas decor. The gingerbread men are so cute. The peppermint sparkly tree is so pretty. Of course you know I adore your burlap window valances. They Rock Debbie!!!

Dee

Debbie, I love how your kitchen is filled with so much whimsy!! And the cookie cutters from Buffalo….I moved from the southtowns of Buffalo just over a year ago…..are sooo cute. Love the size. It looks like you had lots of fun decorating.
    Merry Christmas!