This is for the birds!

That saying reminds me so much of my husband’s  now deceased Grandmother.

She was a real character and would say “this is for the birds” often.

So it gave me a chuckle and I thought of her on this post.

It all started with this pretty little bird tea towel.

While browsing Marshall’s one day.

I love it, so in the cart it went.

Then there were the cute little dessert plates I spied next.

I am onto something I thought, this is for the birds!

then I spotted the vinyl bird wall decals.

So all three are now in my cart and I seriously had no clue what to do with them.

Decal: $12.99

Plates:$9.99

tea towel $3.99

So for less than $25.00, plus a $10.00 coupon = $15.00 of clueless home decor.

When I came home, looked around….it was the obvious choice.

Needless to say…I love it!

Believe it or not, Mr. Mike does not mind it either.

I love the fact that I can change out those plates per season to reflect the same.

Hope you like my “this is for the birds” too:)

Sharing with:
Wow us Wednesday

Share mePin on Pinterest12Share on Facebook0Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Google+0Share on Reddit0Share on StumbleUpon0Print this pageEmail this to someone

Comments

1. Kris says

I love it too Debbie! I love the tea towel!!! It looks very Anthro to me. I have spent a fortune on tea towels that I could not resist. Will have to pop into my Marshalls to see if they have that cute towel. I am a nut for birds!!!
    xo Kris

HI Debbie Dear! Yes, I love this! What a sweet wall decal and those dishes are so cute. Love the little tea towel. Isn’t it funny how the sayings of family members pop up from time to time. Love it!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

What a great bird trio you found. Those plates are just adorable, I have never seen a pattern like that. You will get lots of use from them. I can see them at a party now. So glad hubby liked your new look.

Love the way you change per season. Everytime I read your blog you inspired me. A little change with a GREAT mind like you, a home becomes a santuary from time to time.

How adorable!! I LOVE birds and decorating with them! This is a cheerful corner, makes doing dishes all that more pleasant…well, maybe not but the corner is cute!!

I grew up hearing my grandmother and mother say “This is for the birds!” I think I still say it on occasion and my children think it’s funny. This post certainly brought a smile to my face!

Your little birdie collection is adorable, Debbie! I seem to be a serial collector (not cereal collector…). Somehow I’ve managed to start an ironstone mini-pitcher/ creamer collection over the last couple of weeks. Those darn thrift stores! :)

Cute little birdies….I just followed you on twitter and pinterest. How on earth did I not know you were on either of these??? Yay. Do you have an Instagram?

I love your bird silhouettes above the windows. Rally cute. Where in the world did you find a coupon for Marshall’s? I’ve shopped there forever and never seen/heard of a coupon for there. I know you’re busy, but would you mind responding to my quewstions? Thanks!

Rita at Cashel1916@yahoo.com