Pie safe furniture makeover

Hey, hey there!

Do you know I never knew this piece was called a Pie safe before I started blogging.

{it is called a pie safe right?} that is what someone referred to it once as is.

I just knew I liked it a lot and my dear husband bought it for me for my birthday one day around 10 years ago.

Today, I am sharing the makeover of such pie safe.

Honestly, I never thought I would paint over this piece.

it was a lovely tea stained color with a pretty mural of flowers painted on the sides.

Well one day while cleaning…yes, I do clean on occasion.

I noticed it was chipping and fading on the side which faces the window.

I thought, BUMMER.

I guess I will have to paint it now.

After my makeover, I sort of realized in today’s decor, this pie safe probably was a bit outdated.

I had two cans of Annie Sloan chalk paint left with very little paint in them.

I actually watered them down a bit to make it stretch.

Color combination is

Antibes green

Louis Blue

How perfect that I had already added a little green ribbon

trim to my Stenciled recipe tea towel.

Don’t you just love my Soup tureen too?…

my Mom bought that for me a few years back for Christmas.

She bought me the mason jar too.

I just filled it with some sunflowers, acorns and tarnished silverware.

After I painted and distressed this piece I used some dark wax

I am so in love with this piece all over again.

All I need to do is get some new door pulls and I am good to go.

I have something in mind it is just a matter of time to get them.

I forgot to mention, that wooden roo on top had a makeover a long time ago.

I just forgot to show you.

That’s it for today!
Thanks for stopping over and your sweet time and comments.

{I have since found knobs and will share those after Thanksgiving}

Comments

Fantabulous makeover, Debbie!

If I can remember to visit the $ Tree and then remember to pick up some Christmas stuff, I will try to get a little post together for he party.:-)

Happy Thanksgiving!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Debbie. Enjoy your company, eat lots of yummy things, and by all means lock up the pies where they will be safe!

Bliss

I wasn’t sure what a pie safe was either! lol! I love it, Debbie! The color is fabulous…you did a really great job! So glad that I am back to following!

XO,
    Jane

Hey Deb- I love the color combination you used~ It is now so fresh and updated! Hope you enjoy a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family! : -) Sue

Your pie safe looks wonderful..you did a fantastic job…and you certainly have updated it well….I know what you mean when you have a piece of furniture that you love so much but feel it needs to be “refreshed”….Have a wonderful time with your family!!!

Hi Debbie Dear! Oh, I love the remake of your pie safe. I’ve always loved these pieces. You’ve dressed her up so beautifully too! Now you had better slow down a bit before Thanksgiving ! :)
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

Fantastic job, Debbie! I LOVE that you used two paints and painted the door a different color … truly pops. And, how fun that it still has its rustic charm. Happy Thanksgiving!

I love your pie safe Debbie! When you get tired of it, let me know because I would gladly find a place for it in my home. Enjoy your family this Thanksgiving Debbie as I know you will, Gail

What a great piece. I love how far AS paint can go. Great color combo. You have reinvented an already awesome piece. Great job. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

oh it looks so good! I love the soft subtle colors, I have a large pie safe that needs a redo, I’m getting my courage up Debbie doo’s, give me a stretched canvas and I can paint a painting in no time but furniture, hear that knocking sound?, thats my my knees shaking!!!!!

I liked it before, and love it now. You did a fabulous job with your makeover. I really never care about “out dated”. The important thing is having what we like and want to enjoy in our home – not what someone else declares “dated” or “out dated”. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! Peggy

A nice job indeed! Great color combo. I have always had a thing for pie safes. I think it is a reminder of some of my moms stories from her childhood. And, roosters will always hold a special place in my heart.
    Lynn

Hi there – I love your updated pie safe! I’ve never heard of one either but I like it none the less! I’ve become your newest follower – I love your style and have been reading older posts – all very inspirational stuff! Thanks! J9 x