Pie safe furniture makeover

Hey, hey there!

Do you know I never knew this piece was called a Pie safe before I started blogging.

{it is called a pie safe right?} that is what someone referred to it once as is.

I just knew I liked it a lot and my dear husband bought it for me for my birthday one day around 10 years ago.

Today, I am sharing the makeover of such pie safe.

Honestly, I never thought I would paint over this piece.

it was a lovely tea stained color with a pretty mural of flowers painted on the sides.

Well one day while cleaning…yes, I do clean on occasion.

I noticed it was chipping and fading on the side which faces the window.

I thought, BUMMER.

I guess I will have to paint it now.

pie-hutch-768x1024 Pie safe furniture makeover

After my makeover, I sort of realized in today’s decor, this pie safe probably was a bit outdated.

pie-hutch1-768x1024 Pie safe furniture makeover

I had two cans of Annie Sloan chalk paint left with very little paint in them.

I actually watered them down a bit to make it stretch.

Color combination is

Antibes green

Louis Blue

IMG_0685-768x1024 Pie safe furniture makeover

How perfect that I had already added a little green ribbon

trim to my Stenciled recipe tea towel.

Don’t you just love my Soup tureen too?…

my Mom bought that for me a few years back for Christmas.

IMG_0641-768x1024 Pie safe furniture makeover

She bought me the mason jar too.

I just filled it with some sunflowers, acorns and tarnished silverware.

IMG_0687-1024x768 Pie safe furniture makeover

After I painted and distressed this piece I used some dark wax

IMG_0640-768x1024 Pie safe furniture makeover

I am so in love with this piece all over again.

All I need to do is get some new door pulls and I am good to go.

I have something in mind it is just a matter of time to get them.

pies-768x1024 Pie safe furniture makeover

I forgot to mention, that wooden roo on top had a makeover a long time ago.

I just forgot to show you.

pies-768x10241 Pie safe furniture makeover

That’s it for today!
Thanks for stopping over and your sweet time and comments.

{I have since found knobs and will share those after Thanksgiving}

Share mepinterest Pie safe furniture makeoverfacebook Pie safe furniture makeovertwitter Pie safe furniture makeovergoogle Pie safe furniture makeoverreddit Pie safe furniture makeoverstumbleupon Pie safe furniture makeoverprint Pie safe furniture makeoveremail Pie safe furniture makeover

Comments

Fantabulous makeover, Debbie!

If I can remember to visit the $ Tree and then remember to pick up some Christmas stuff, I will try to get a little post together for he party.:-)

Happy Thanksgiving!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Debbie. Enjoy your company, eat lots of yummy things, and by all means lock up the pies where they will be safe!

Bliss

I wasn’t sure what a pie safe was either! lol! I love it, Debbie! The color is fabulous…you did a really great job! So glad that I am back to following!

XO,
    Jane

Hey Deb- I love the color combination you used~ It is now so fresh and updated! Hope you enjoy a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family! : -) Sue

Your pie safe looks wonderful..you did a fantastic job…and you certainly have updated it well….I know what you mean when you have a piece of furniture that you love so much but feel it needs to be “refreshed”….Have a wonderful time with your family!!!

Hi Debbie Dear! Oh, I love the remake of your pie safe. I’ve always loved these pieces. You’ve dressed her up so beautifully too! Now you had better slow down a bit before Thanksgiving ! :)
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

Fantastic job, Debbie! I LOVE that you used two paints and painted the door a different color … truly pops. And, how fun that it still has its rustic charm. Happy Thanksgiving!

I love your pie safe Debbie! When you get tired of it, let me know because I would gladly find a place for it in my home. Enjoy your family this Thanksgiving Debbie as I know you will, Gail

What a great piece. I love how far AS paint can go. Great color combo. You have reinvented an already awesome piece. Great job. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

oh it looks so good! I love the soft subtle colors, I have a large pie safe that needs a redo, I’m getting my courage up Debbie doo’s, give me a stretched canvas and I can paint a painting in no time but furniture, hear that knocking sound?, thats my my knees shaking!!!!!

I liked it before, and love it now. You did a fabulous job with your makeover. I really never care about “out dated”. The important thing is having what we like and want to enjoy in our home – not what someone else declares “dated” or “out dated”. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! Peggy

A nice job indeed! Great color combo. I have always had a thing for pie safes. I think it is a reminder of some of my moms stories from her childhood. And, roosters will always hold a special place in my heart.
    Lynn

Hi there – I love your updated pie safe! I’ve never heard of one either but I like it none the less! I’ve become your newest follower – I love your style and have been reading older posts – all very inspirational stuff! Thanks! J9 x