Junk chic cottage home tour in Chicago

Hello

I was surprised and excited when Debbie found my blog and asked me if I would like to be featured on her blog Home Tours.

At first I felt excited then thought Ohhhh not sure if my home is big enough or special enough for a Home Tour!!!! Then I thought about it and said Hey I started into this blog world to get feedback from fellow bloggers and share my decor with others.  So I decided be excited and go for it!!! So here goes.  Enjoy!

My home is located in a Lake Town in the Northwest Suburbs of Chicago.  My husband and I moved here 5 years ago when he took a job as the fire chief in a neighboring town.  I work part time as a nurse in the school district where we live.

I love my home and my favorite decorating style is cottage chic.  I love to find chippy old pieces that have history and relove them into my home decor.  My motto is rescue, redo and relove things with history into your decor and home.

Enjoy

Front of our home

Entry Way

Dining Room

Kitchen

Family Room

My Office

Laundry Room

Guest Room

Lake theme guest room

Master Bedroom

Master Bedroom

Backyard and Deck Area

These are a few of the pictures of my home.  Thanks for letting me share my home and taking this tour.  Thank you Debbie for this amazing opportunity to be on your blog and be part of your Home Tour.

I am just in awww over everything. Your gardens are to die for. If only I could be half the green thumb.

Hop on over to Kris and say hello if you don’t know her.  You will be glad you did.

Kris is also a newbie blogger so please welcome her.

Comments

Well, since I loved that last white shabby chic tour, it’s a given that I was going to be crazy about this wonderful white cottage tour. My favorite part of all is the entry way. That just sets the stage for the whole house.

I hope you never grow tired of hosting these Friday home tours because I never grow tired of taking them.

Debbie,
    Thank you so much for featuring my home on your blog. You are so sweet and have such a nice following of bloggers. They have left such sweet comments. This was a nice welcome into blog world!!!!! I am new at this but it is so much fun to find others that share the same decor ideas and to find blogs like your Debbie for great inspiration. I thank you so very much.
    Kris
    Junkchiccottage.blogspot.com

3. Rondell says

Beautiful! My goodness and she has a job outside the home too! Just amazing! Your hometours just keep getting better and better Deb!

Such a pleasure to tour this home ~ so welcoming! I love, love all the outside plants and flowers. Makes me so happy to see them…and hoping my green thumb will develop one of these days. :)

Thanks to both of you for sharing! I’ll certainly stop by her blog.

Pat

Wow Debbie, this home is amazing!!! When I first started looking at the pics I thought to myself “How have I not found this blog before?” then I read she was a newbie. I have a feeling she will have a lot of followers very soon!

Thank you for finding her and sharing her gorgeous home with us! I’m now following her blog:)

This just proves that you don’t need a million dollar mansion to dress it up as beautifully as Kris has….I, always, look forward to seeing what she does next!

This is another beautiful home tour, it is so cozy and romantic, the whole home. I love the little fire engine outside with the plant inside. Nice touch.

Cynthia

8. Sherrie says

I love this! What is nice is it is a regular home that has been made speculator because of her creativity! Gives the rest of us hope. Thank you

9. Kris says

Hi Debbie,
    Beautiful home tour! I have been MIA for a while, as I am so ding dang busy with this upcoming boutique! Sorry if I haven’t been around much! I am ready for this to be over!!! One more day!
    Hugs,
    Kris

Thank you so much Debbie and Kris. This home is absolutely magazine worthy! I wanted to compliment Kris on so many things but the list got too long! I am on my way to visit her!

XO,
    Jane

I received the FULL tour today with Kris’ HOME! We hooked up as blogger friends a few months ago, and I can tell you she never will stop feeding ones decorating wishes!! Her home is spectacular to see but so warm and inviting too! LOVE her ideas and always look forward to seeing more…..so lovely and beautiful! from one sweetie to another~~~Roxie

Kris…your home is beautiful…so many wonderful things to see in every room…not only is your home simply gorgeous, but your gardens are just as amazing….Thanks Debbie for presenting Kris’ wonderful home…I so enjoyed the tour!!! Have a great weekend!!

13. Melanie says

I was just telling Mom about Kris’s blog this morning over breakfast….now to see Debbie doing a home tour is just ever better! I have loved this blog from the first time I layed my eyes on it! It totally blew me away and you should see it for Christmas….it’s gorgeous!!!

14. must love junk says

I’ve loved Kris’ blog for awhile, and she is a sweetheart, too! Her home is stunning-well deserved!! :)
    Susan