Cozy winter guest bedroom {Mom is coming:)}

Hello there!~

So the winter season is fast approaching.

brrrrrrrr…..

It is so not my Season.

Although, there are days that I enjoy winter, for the most part I just want to get through it.

I know, I live in South Carolina what am I talking about?

My Mom and sis will be here shortly to spend Thanksgiving with our family and I wanted to cozy up the guest room.

The guest room mini makeover spruce up started with this find.

One day while Mike had a day off we decided to hit our favorite antique mall in Charlotte.

Sleepy poet.

I fell in love with this frame, and of course what was inside.

I had bought one sometime back for our Master bedroom

Could this not be more perfect for a guest bedroom?

I know, that is what I said too!

Mike just shook his head…

I think he said..

“more stuff”

It was a deal,

$30.00.

I also reminded him, that I do a lot of crafts and fun stuff from the Dollar tree, I shop at Goodwill, and thrift stores for a reason.

I save us a lot of money, for times like this:)

I also made a trip to World Market last week.

LOVE World Market.

In fact, my blog background so reminded me of World market I just had to have it.

Yes, I went on a spree.

I did however, have buyers remorse.

Does that ever happen to you?

This was the only quilt like this one at World Market.

Of course the colors caught my eye.

LOVE

I think Mom is going to be very comfy and cozy here.

this was the Summer guest bedroom look

Fall guest bedroom

And that’s I got to say for today!
Have a good one.

Getting ready for Bunco night:)

Love girls nights out together. It’s at my house this month, so I best get cleaning and setting up.

Sharing with:
Common ground Inspiration Friday

Comments

Debbie, I love your background!! It stopped me from looking at the post as it was loading becuase it’s sooo pretty!! I also love your quilt and the cozy look!! I hope your mom and sis love it!! And have fun at bunco!! ~ Lori

I LOVE that framed quote. How perfect. I am sure your mom will be very comfy. Wish I lived close by to come play bunco with y’all. Have fun.

LOVE that pretty new quilt and love the sign over the bed in that fabulous antique frame, the room looks great!! Have a great Thanksgiving with your sweet mom and sis!

4. MariaElena says

Debbie, I just love the frame!!! And the words are just perfect!!! But the quilt, oh, my!!! It is so gorgeous!!! Don’t have buyers remorse! It was worth every penny! Your Mom is going to love staying in that beautiful guest room!

Love the guest bedroom make over! Enjoy your time with your Mom and Sis.
    Also have fun at Bunco tonight, I know I will as I have Bunco tonight too. :D

6. Linda@Coastal Charm says

Debbie,
    Wonderful quote and frame. Now, we THRIFTY gals just need to spend a tad bit more, every now and then. I thought you lived in N.C…silly me:)

Blessings,
    Linda

Hi Debbie, love the frame and especially what it says. As I am a huge thrifter I tell Joe that when I splurge I totally deserve it just like you! The room is lovely. Wishing your family a cozy and happy Thanksgiving, Olive.

Adorable frame, and the saying is perfect for guests! I don’t know how you do it. I can’t get one look finished in my house, let alone one for every season!! Love the new quilt! I’m sure your mom will be very comfy in that room :)

Your Fall comforter looks JUST like your current background. Too cute :)
    I know you are getting excited for your company!! They will love the room. Looking super cute!

Have fun at Bunco tonight.

I know you are going to have so much fun having your mom and sister at home with you for Thanksgiving. That picture has the perfect quote for a guestroom. I love the old frame it’s in too. I love World Market, but don’t have one near me. It’s very close to my sister’s house (almost an hour away). I always stop in when I’m in that area though.

I think your Mom & sister are going to feel right at home! You always do such a great job with the guest room. I wonder how they ever leave! :)

Hi Debbie: Your mom and sissy should have a glorious stay in that pretty room. I love the chipped wood frame and the saying. Perfect!! Your new quilt is so pretty and colorful. Makes the room look so cozy..Have fun with your family, you all look so much alike. (I even noticed the picture)..Happy Wednesday..Judy

So sweet that you change up your guest room for the seasons. My guests are lucky to get a made bed…no, but I don’t buy new bedding for that room, they get hand-me-downs from my room. Your mom is lucky to have such a homey space to stay – close to you. Have so much fun with your mom and sister.

I”m getting our guest room ready too! My daughter is bringing a friend home for Thanksgiving–one who lives too far from home to go home for holiday. I’m trying to make it as warm, cozy and inviting as I can. I love that sign you found…maybe I’ll put that saying on a chalkboard in there! That quilt is amazing. I love World Market, wish we had them around here!

Beautiful room! Love the colors and the way the quilt pulls them all in! I’m sure your mom and sister will be very comfortable! :) …really like the framed quote, too! I love the Sleepy Poet, too, but my new favorite is the Gibson Depot Mall (not sure that’s the correct name!) Both are great places!

Your Mom is gonna love that room. She won’t want to go home (and I know that is okay by you). I love the quilt you found-the colors are marvelous- Blessings- xo Diana

Oh Debbie, I am so not a winter person either and I live in Orlando, I hate that it gets dark so early, it makes me melancholy! Great framed quote for your guest room how fun to have Mom and Sis for Thanksgiving!! Yep, the room looks ready!

Carol

Your beautiful mom is going to love spending time with you and will definitely feel cozy and loved! ;-)
    Enjoy your time together………Happy Thanksgiving………Sarah