A Park a picnic and a beautiful Fall day in the Carolina’s!

Hey there everyone!~

Thought I would just check in.  Hubs is off this weekend and as you may already know, I spend very little to no time on the computer on days like today.

It was absolutely gorgeous here today and we decided to go to a park, have a picnic and enjoy our family and some friends.

Always a great day when you can see your husband chillin!

Freedom park was one of the first parks we discovered in the Charlotte, NC area

Of course this time of year it is even prettier.

Trees and foliage

Watching my boys play football and run around is just the best!~

Whomever says they are happy when their kids are grown up…well, I just don’t feel the same.

I wish I could just bottle these moments and days and keep them as is forever.

My boys won’t even stop for a moment anymore for me to take a snap.

These are all on the sneak.

This red bench sort of struck me as odd.

I am thinking it signifies something.  This was taken from far away so I really don’t know what.

I now see behind it, a plaque, so yes, it means something special.

It was also nice for friends to be able to come join us in our family picnic day.

Jennifer and I:)

Not so fun when the football went in the water.

UH oh, now what?

Jack does not look happy about this.

Good thing the ducks did not try to eat it.

All ends well!

What a perfect Picnic in the park on this glorious Fall day.

See you all later:)

Hope you enjoyed my new pics. I also bought myself a new camera and have been having fun learning and playing.

Comments

Thanks, Debbie, for sharing your day. Looks like fun. It’s also fun when your kids grow up, but a different kind of fun and wait until you have grandkids, talk about fun!! But enjoy small while you can, it changes so fast..Happy Sunday..Judy

What a beautiful place Debbie, I agree enjoy your family while you can. Blogging can always wait:) My boys are growing up to fast and I will be a terrible empty nester:(

What a lovely day! My friends daughter and her hubby & baby just moved to Charlotte, I’ll have to tell her about the park! I know she’ll be out to investigate it if she hasn’t done so already!

I love the red Monet bench! I love the way it stands out against all the different shades of green. It looks like it has a great view possibly on a path or overlooking water, or maybe both! I could imagine myself sitting there reading a book . . . ahh

Have a wonderful week!

Oh- I love it, Debbie! What a wonderful family day. I felt just like you about my kids- I wanted to hold onto every precious moment. You are blessed (and you know it). The park is gorgeous! xo Diana

What a gorgeous park and the weather looks perfect! My brother and my step-sister both still have young ones and if they complain I always say “Enjoy this time because it will be over before you know it!”. You certainly look like you’re enjoying every second of it:)

But they do grow up, whether we want them to or not and that brings around a lot of different but just as wonderful times:)

thanks everyone:) I bought the Canon Power shot SX40. Very happy with it so far. I could not afford the mac Daddy quite yet so this is the next best thing. I love the 35 optical zoom, that is the bomb!

Great photo of you and Jennifer, Debbie! :D WHat a nice day y’all had. I worked most of the day around the house, and almost had a nervous breakdown watching college football. Between the Alabama v. LSU game and the election, I’m ready for a nervous breakdown! I need a relaxing day in the park…. :D

xo,
    Ricki Jill

8. Linda@Coastal Charm says

Looks like a fun family day. Enjoy every minute with those guys, this empty nest mom knows just how fast all those wonderful years fly by.

Blessings,
    Linda

Your new camera must be great…but I think it’s your photography! I see you still have some pretty color in the trees, too! We are back in FL….had fun in NC! Enjoy your afternoon….and your sweet family! Hugs!

What beautiful pics! I know you were having a great time spending the day with your whole family. That is always a memory maker. Glad that you were able to spend some quality time together.

Looks like a perfect day! Short sleeves??? What is that?!? Ha! Alex looks so big!!!! I understand bottling up all these sweet memories. We have been moving pictures from our computer to an external file and looked at so many of Jemma’s baby pictures! Oh they grow up too fast!

I loved talking to you! Thanks so much for talking to me and helping me out. I took the job and start tomorrow!!! Thank you!!!!

12. JaneEllen says

What a gorgeous park. I’ve never had the enjoyment of seeing Charlotte but have heard it’s a beautiful city. If that park is any indication, wow. Would love to see your town.
    What a hunk your hubs is, watch that guy honey ,yummm. Glad he had a weekend off while you have good weather for you all to enjoy your family. That’s very important for hubs well being also and having a very supportive loving gorgeous wife. (you) (Altho I might be older 72 I’m not dead and still appreciate looking at a good looking man)
    I know how you feel, I miss our kids so much. We have 4, oldest and youngest are girls and boys (16 months apart) between. We used to do alot with our kids, especially at the beach (when we lived in San Diego). We almost always had a crowd of kids at our house which we really enjoyed. Have to say I learned alot from all those kids. My oldest son moved back to S.D. almost 3 yrs ago from KY and he’s back with all his old buds. He’s so much happier. The only thing that’s hard for him is that his boys live in KY with their Mom.
    In the summer I used to take a truck load of kids to the beach for the day. We had such a good time.
    You have very handsome boys, glad you appreciate the time you have with them.
    We live west of Grand Junction, CO now, close to UT border out in country. I’d rather live in MT again but hubs didn’t want to go back there. Glad you gto to enjoy a wonderful day. It’s very nice here too, just hung out a load of laundry little while ago, in Nov. Happy Week

Hi Debbie Dear! Oh, what a wonderful day you and your family must have had! Love your family snaps and the park is just beautiful! So good to hear from you. Here lately I’ve not been able to keep up with all the parties, just wanted you to know. Seems my posts just happen! :)
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia :)

Debbie, Great pictures. I’ve been in the Charlotte area for more than 17 years and have never been to the park! It’s beautiful, and so is your family. I love your blog! Thanks for sharing. – Laurie

Beautiful pictures, beautiful park! Looks like your new camera is doing a perfect job. Yes, you need to enjoy the kids when they are young…they grow up way too fast. And grandkids grow up faster…or is it that time goes faster as you get older…
    Debbie :)

It looks like you all had a great day! I wish I could turn the clock back to when my kids were young too. What wonderful times. I really miss it. That park is beautiful. You look adorable. XO

Looks like you’re doing well with that new camera! Beautiful park to capture with it (and the kiddos) but who took the picture of photogenic you? Thanks for sharing!

Sounds like you had such a wonderful day and I love these photos!! It is obvious how much you all enjoy each other. You have a wonderful family! :-)
    Vanessa