Vintage inspired French Country home tour

Hi Everyone, first let me say what a complete honor and compliment it is to have been asked by Debbie to have my home featured on her wonderful Home Tour series.

I’m Debra from Common Ground and I’d love to show you around.

Here in SW Missouri we have rolling hills in most of the suburban subdivisions. So, many homes have a basement or lower level with a “walkout” feature. We have a pool and lower level patio, but also an upper deck and sun porch.

The upper level or main level is more formal, the lower level is more casual and where we spend a lot of our time. I’m a big believer in letting a house dictate the decor, and this house was a little more formal in feel than homes we’d had in the past. We purchased new furniture for most of the house when we moved, but then I found a lot of it really wasn’t “me”.

I’ve bought and sold antiques and vintage most of my life, so it was only a matter of time until that vintage vibe started making it’s way back into our living spaces. It was quite a journey transforming it from a house with each room a different color, to a more neutral decor with my own vintage collections and personality.

The Entry

Dining Room

Living Room

Kitchen

Sun Porch

Main Hall to Kitchen

Lower Level Sitting Area

Master Bedroom

My Studio and Office

My Hall Bath

Thank you, Debbie, and I’m so glad that you asked me to share my home during my favorite Fall season.
Thank you Debra for having us over to your lovely home today!
If you are not familiar with Debra from Common grounds lovely blog it is sure to delight you so hop on over and say hello!

Comments

Debra,
    What a huge treat to see your lovely home! I’ve admired your style for so long and your impeccable eye for blending in and using all your great antiques and vintage pieces is wonderful! I know I will go back and look at this great tour again and again!
    Blessings, Lorraine

You have a beautiful home, Debra! Your living room is one of my favorites to see, especially for each season and holiday. Your kitchen remains one of my favorite kitchen makeovers. I remember after seeing it how badly I wanted to do my cabinets white when we were still at our old house. Thanks for sharing Debra’s home with us, Debbie!

Hi darling, I’ve always loved seeing parts of your home, the tour was the icing on the cake. Your beautiful touches of fall through out are so warm and welcoming. You make me want to start painting a few pieces of furniture white again, it’s so crisp and clean looking. hugs ~lynne~

I love Debra’s blog, it’s on my favorite list! Her home is beyond beautiful… so elegant and yet so comfortable! Thank you so much for giving us a tour ! Hugs, Penny

Thank you so much for featuring Debra’s home. It is so beautiful and warm and welcoming. I love all her touches. The kitchen is fantastic as well as the rest of the house. Love the front porch.

Cynthia

6. linda says

well all i can say this is a house after my oun heart love seeing all the wondeful collections .thank you for shareing :)

Hi Debbie: Thank you for featuring Debra’s beautiful home. I have always admired it and I’m on my way over to tell her..Happy Friday..Judy

Beautiful! So many special touches in each room….it’s difficult to choose a favorite.

Thanks to both of you for sharing!

Pat

Thanks to both of you for sharing!

Pat

I would recognize Debra’s gorgeous home anywhere…I truly loved seeing more of her rooms…i loved seeing all of the wonderful vintage items and touches throughout the house…Debra, your home is so beautiful and you have made it a fabulous showpiece!!…..

Thanks Debbie for featuring Debra’s home…as I said…I loved seeing more of her home…I so love this Friday Home Tour Feature….Have a great weekend!!!

Thank you for sharing your Beautiful home,it is so very lovely, and you must eat sleep drink and think in Pretty. I love your office and kitchen.
    I am tring to get this “your” look in my home. Love’n the process, but it takes timeto find the right PRETTY.
    Thanks Take Care Johnni