Diy Rit dye projects {thinking outside the box}

Hello there!

So let me tell you…….

When I had the opportunity to work with Rit dye  and try out their products, I jumped at it.

You know why?

Because I have never once tried Rit dye or done a Rit dye project in my life in my life.

Why?

Not sure, I think I was intimidated, dye, bleach, me, any liquid that can stain, usually don’t go together.

I am so glad I stepped out of my comfort zone and gave it try.

So come along with me and let’s see how this all was done!

With so many colors to choose from, which one would I pick?

26 to be exact both in liquid and powder form. As you can see I was given the liquid form.

You see Sunshine Orange spoke to me,

happy, vibrant and perfect for Halloween.

I decided NOT to go the traditional way of dying fabric.  Nothing wrong with that, and I will give it try soon.

I just wanted to try something different.

I had picked up a few of these wood plaque boards at Hobby lobby some time ago.

They were only $2.00 or so a piece.

I certainly can come up with something.

OK, now what?
I painted the Rit dye straight up, no water added, nothing.

It painted on wood just beautiful.

I let it dry for around an hour or so.

Hello family plaque.

I had these cute felt owls from last year.

With Halloween right around the corner, this would be perfect.

Of course the Stick, and pine cone came from my own backyard.

Hmmm….

I think this needs to go on the front door.

Welcome!

Now with some of the other wonderful Rit dye color choices, I must get busy.

Disclosure: I wrote this post for Rit Dye and Blue print social.  All opinions in this post are my own.

For more information about Rit dye, check them out on facebooktwitter, and pinterest.

Comments

1. Penny @ The Comforts of Home & Flea Market Makeovers says

That is great! I didn’t even think about dying wood! As a child of the 60’s I have tie dyed many a t-shirt :-).

Never knew you could paint with Rit Dye! Love that sweet little sign you made, it looks great tied in with your wreath! Can’t wait to see what you have planned next!

Your thinking on things is impressive…always thinking out of the box(or bottle-teehehe)…your creativity is marvelous…I really love the way this turned out…you go gurl!!!

4. MariaElena says

Debbie, it is so pretty on your wreath! You know I love the stencil on it! I had a really bad incident many years ago with Rit Dye, so I have been scared to use it since. Glad to know it can be used in different ways, not just fabric. Great post!

Hi Debbie,
    Fabulous! I haven’t used Rit Dye since the Tie-Dye Days, but you’re way too young to remember all that glorious stuff. I love how you create so many wonderful things without spending beaucoup bucks! Your projects are truly an inspiration to all, Happy Fall! Peggy

6. linda says

i have used rite dye to redye my black pants and jeans they always use to fade and where still in good shape.I love the idea of the wood the color is perfect .The sign is so cute and the branch and pine cone are the perfect touch.wow what will you come up with next awsome ideas:)

OMG, that is too stinking cute. I love owls and they are perfect on that board. Wow, never thought to paint with dye. Learn something new every day.

Debbie…that is so very, very cute…..Rit dye…great product….I remember as a kid doing projects, my mom would dye the popsicle sticks with Rit Dye…Love the “owl family”….as you all are such a “hoot”…a great fun loving family!!

Very cute! I have some rite dye sitting in my cupboard right now. But, I have been a little nervous about working with it. You have made it look like a breeze. Will Be pulling it out soon and dipping some fabric into it so as create something fabulous.

What? I’m a dork. I had no idea you could dye anything but fabric with Rit! The things I learn . . . Your plaque is adorable–I love your fall owl family! SO cute.
    Thanks for teaching me something today, Debbie. :)

I Love Love Love this !!! would Love some Sparkle on the Pine Cone lol That came out so amazingly adorable!!
    Please this year put it Out Maybe in a Different way or the same way. !! I Love Love Love it!!! Brilliant!!
    Lisa

12. linda says

i just had to come back and see this clever idea again i love how the rite dye looks on the wood like a white wash stain .I bet it would even look great on a piece of furniture ,What a wonderful idea :)