Diy Fall banner for the Fireplace

Good day everyone!

I have received several inquiries on my diy Fall banner for the Fireplace, and thought I would give you a quick tut on what exactly I did, and the details, etc.

Easy peasy

really!

In fact so, I am almost embarrassed to give you the tut.

Started with laying the banner flags out and looping some twine in between the already made holes.

btw..this script banner pre cut came from Hobby lobby.

The cute embellishments also came from Hobby Lobby.

I love all the cute assortment in this pack, some glitzy some whimsy, some just plain.

Everything looks better with a roo on it. Don’t you think?

Of course, I had this little stencil as well.  Hot glues, and layered the flowers on the end.

Very simple to stencil on material. I just used a small artist brush, but you can use a sponge brush too.

I liked to have more control and it was sure not to run.

Looks cute!

Thanks for stopping by today for the tut.

My Magazine copy cat challenge is still going strong.

If you missed my summer diy burlap banner, that was easy peasy too!

Thanks for stopping by today!

Share mePin on Pinterest813Share on Facebook1Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Google+0Share on Reddit0Share on StumbleUpon0Print this pageEmail this to someone

Comments

1. Linda@Coastal Charm says

Debbie,
    Thanks for all the details…didn’t know that HL sold the banners already cut for us:) Yours looks outstanding on the fireplace (like the roo’s).

Blessings,
    Linda

I saw those pre-cut banners at HL . Your project is very cute and simple enough even for me. I love the fast and easy crafts the best – probably because they are the only ones I actually finish!

Lovin’ this, Deb….my, but you are a busy lady. You just WEAR THIS OLE GAL plumb out. :))
    I’m tying to figure out about your next linky party on House Tours….how is that going to work??

Cute banner, Debbie! I noticed they have the pre cut banners at Hobby Lobby and plan on getting one to make up for when I do the holiday market. I wanted to stencil “Paris” on it. Thanks for the tip on using an artist’s brush ~ I’ve got plenty of those.

Easy and so so festive! I love your embellishments! Adding the sticks and twig swag makes it something very unique and full of fall fun! You come up with the best ideas!
    Please stop by TUTORIALS TIPS AND TIDBITS with your great tutorial!

Debbie I just love your banner! We just got a Hobby Lobby here in the East and I went for the first time this week…wish i had seen your post so I could have looked for that script flag. And the rooster you put on it is simply darling! I am a big rooster fan, matter of fact that is what I bought at Hobby Lobby…a beautiful iron and ceramic roo!
    Have a great weekend Debbie!