Updated and renovated 1980’s ranch style home tour

Hello everyone!

Welcome to Rondell’s completely renovated and updated 1980’s ranch style home tour.

You know I love the 80’s but sometimes, things need to be changed.

So here you go….

I was so excited to have my home shown on Deb’s blog, excited and scared, I have seen so many beautiful homes shown here and was so intimidated when Deb asked but I figured “what the heck” it’s where I live and love. It’s a 1983 ranch home that I had to bring up to date when I moved here 8 years ago and was into a primitive style, two years ago I knew my heart wasn’t in to that style anymore and wanted to do what the house wanted.

Let’s start at the front door:

I’ve never regretted painting the door black.

P7061058

Entryway:

My home is made up with things from GW, yardsales and fleamarkets, love to do all of them to find just the right things for my home!

Let’s start with the entryway:

P1302146

From our entryway you can go to the right into the kitchen area or straight ahead into the livingroom.

Kitchen area:

I also shop at TJ Maxx, Marshall’s Target and Homegoods whenever I can get there that is:) Homegoods is 30 miles from us.

006< ;br />
Primitive table and chairs left over from my primitive days also this picture is a Pottery Barn copycat for one of Debbiedo’s copycat party.

003

From here we go into the kitchen that we redid a year ago, I was so happy to paint those oak cabinets, remember they were from the 80’s.

Deb 005

New counter tops too!

PB221670

I fou nd this idea with the open shelves on Pinterest!

004

027

Now let’s go into my livingroom, this room is constantly changing. We painted the fireplace white a couple months ago, sure made a difference in the room!

003

Found this Pottery Barn coffee table on Craigslist!

002

My diningroom is right off my livingroom as you can see here.

002

001

From the livingroom you can go out to the back porch which leads to the pool.

015

I want to screen in the porch because I have leaves that blow on it from all the trees we have but so far it’s a no go.lol

Deb 007

How can I forget the swing♥

016

Almost forgot the bathroom too!

bathroom 002

Well, that’s it, I hope you all enjoyed the tour of my home ! Thanks so much Deb for having me too:)

Thanks Rondell!

Do you know my friend

Rondell from Something nice and Pretty?

If not, go on over and introduce yourself.  Very sweet, kind and considerate blogging friend! I consider myself very lucky to have met Rondell via this virtual blogging world! She has been a great friend to me.  You do know, I have nothing but the best of the best out here.

Don’t forget about the Pinterest PINNING party going on now…

link up your favorite project and get pinned!

Comments

I follow Rondell and love her blog. Her home is just lovely-she has done a great job on her “change over” from prim to this look. I think she is a really talented gal! xo Diana

Rondell has a beautiful home! I love her black & white kitchen…so pretty. She has such a great style & I enjoy her blog so much. Thanks for sharing with us Rondell. Thanks Debbie,.

What a lovely home Rondell has. I will definitely head over and check out more of her blog.

Have a safe and great Labor Day weekend.

Lovely home, Rondell! I love your front entry ~ both the inside and the outside! Love your kitchen, too. I know well those oak kitchen cabinets. I wanted to paint ours so badly in our old house. Then we moved and there were creamy white kitchen cabinets in the condo at our new place, so I had to move to get mine! : )

Thanks for sharing Rondell’s home with us, Debbie! Have a great weekend!

What a lovely home!! It is so fun to see how someone can transform spaces without breaking the bank and make it all look so fresh and updated. Great job! :-)
    Vanessa

Thanks for the tour. What a pretty home! Love that you fill it with bargain finds but it looks like a million :) My HomeGoods is two hours away, I feel you pain ;) Thanks for letting us look!!

PS-Love the black door too :)

Thanks for the tour Rondell. Such a pretty home. I am all about the open cabinets :-) Sigh… the nearest HomeGoods is 2 hours away form me :-( Sad ….
    Another luvly home tour Debbie. Thanks.
    Cheers, ladies.
    Gee

You had me at the black door! :) The kitchen is gorgeous with the black & white too. Love the entire home ~ beautiful job of decorating.

Pat

9. linda says

well thank you Rondell for letting us visit as soon as i got done with your tour i ran to my tool box and got my trusty screw driver out.Off came my cabnit doors my heart was beating fast as it could go.I now have my cookbooks in order and a pretty basket inside .I had glasses i stored in there for six years and never ever used .Iam so excited it looks great .Thank you Debbie s Mom

Rondell…love your beautiful 80’s ranch….I lived in a ranch most of my life…when I moved to a home that had two stories..I was elated…now?…wish I had a ranch!!!…..Love all the pretty details!!

Thanks Debbie for presenting Rondell’s beautiful home…have a wonderful and safe weekend!!

11. Rondell says

Thank each and every one of you for taking the time out of your busy day to leave a comment! I loved doing the tour on Deb’s blog…I”m just thrilled, she is a wonderful lady and I wish she lived right down the street from me♥