Traditional Brick home filled with Warmth & Charm! Home tour

HOME TOUR

Hometour1

I was thrilled and flattered when Debbie emailed, inviting me to include our home in her Home Tour series.

Thank you, Debbie!

Thank you Pat from Back porch Musings for joining me today!

OUR HOME STORY

J and I were married in 1983 and lived together on the family farm for over 20 years.  J lived on the farm most of his life from birth (1945), until 2003.  His parents, J and his brothers worked on the farm, while working other full time jobs.  J likes to say he worked on the farm from the time he could pick up and carry a full 5 gallon bucket.  According to J that was when he was around 5 or 6 years old.

When it became apparent the farm would be going on the market, J and I toured homes during several St Louis Homearamas.  We also saw lots of display homes, making a wish list.

At first we thought we might build a ranch style home.  In the end, we chose to build a story and a half home, with finished basement.

The farm sold during Summer 2003 and construction began immediately. J was 58 and I was 60. We moved in just before Christmas 2003.

As of this post, we are in the process of preparing to sell our home.  It was our plan, from the beginning, to sell in 2008 when J retired as a Lineman for Cuivre River Electric Cooperative.  One thing led to another and we decided to wait.  This past winter J had a health issue, that continues.  This caused us to make the decision to sell our home and find something smaller a tad closer to our family.

Hoping the sign goes in the yard soon.

We continue to enjoy our home.

WELCOME

DiningroomCCC

HEARTH ROOM, BREAKFAST ROOM, KITCHEN

Hearthroomredo1

Hearthroomredo42

Hearthroomredo27

GUEST ROOMS

There are two guest rooms on the upper level.  They share a pass thru bath.  A bonus room over the garage is also on the upper level.

GUEST ROOM 1

Guestroom1

Guestroom1a

Guestroom1b

GUEST ROOM 2

GUESTROOM2A

GUESTROOM2B

MASTER BEDROOM

The master bedroom is on the main floor.

At the moment, the room is dressed for Summer.

Bedroomm

There are three fireplaces in our home.  A gas fireplace in the hearth room and in the lower level family room.

There is a wood burning fireplace on the back porch.  The fourth fireplace is faux.  We put it together, adding an electric stove a couple of years ago and use it quite a bit on chilly mornings during Winter.  Our HVAC thermostat is set between 65 and 70 during winter.

The double bonnet secretary is vintage.

Bedroomd

Bedroomr

THE BACK PORCH
In March 2007, when I was tossing around ideas for a blog name, I decided to call it Back Porch Musings.  Our porch was the inspiration.  We are hoping our next home has a porch or deck, either open or screened.

We thoroughly enjoy this outdoor space three seasons of the year.  We have been known to build a fire in the fireplace in December for S’mores.

BACKPORCH2012B

Houseporch2AA

HometourD

HometourB

THANK YOU FOR VISITING OUR HOME.

Hometour9

Simply Beautiful Pat!

Thank you for welcoming us!

You may visit Pat from Back porch Musings.

Comments

Thank you Debbie!
    We’ve been in contact with our agent. I’ve emailed a ton of photos! She will be here this afternoon. I am a tad giddy.:-)

Happy Weekend!

Have been enjoying Pat’s “Back Porch Musings” blog,for years, and she never fails to give us lovely posts.

And you have done the same, with this lovely display of Pat and J.’s home.

So lovely all…… It seems it will be snapped up by some lucky buyer, in no time at all. Best of luck to them, with this selling process and with the New Chapter in their lives.

Gentle hugs,
    “Auntie”

“Books are a uniquely portable magic.”
    ~Stephen King

You have such a beautiful home, Pat! You’ve decorated it beautifully, too. I love the bedrooms. All those fireplaces must be great. We had two in our old home and luckily got one in our new down-sized place. I love your porch and I hope you will find a new home with one as well as everything else on your wish list! Thanks for sharing Pat’s home with us, Deb!

BPM was one of the first blogs I ever read. I can’t remember how I found her. I was new to even reading blogs and probably I was drawn by the name of hers. I fell in love with her decorating style immediately. I love how clean and classic it looks. She has the eye for combining the old with the new, too.

I’m so glad you featured her home. It’s just plain lovely to me.

What a gorgeous and welcoming home. I especially love the outside! I am sure this house will sell quickly, but I am sure there are mixed emotions on selling such a lovely home. It has been so beautifully decorated, with a comfortable “at home” feeling in every room. Thank you for sharing!

So beautiful and comfortable! I hope that you are able to sell it with ease….I would think anyone would love to have it. :)

Pat

7. LINDA says

WHAT A CHARMING LOVELY HOME I LOVE LOVE EVERY BIT OF IT AND THE PORCH IS JUST TO DIE FOR THANK YOU FOR SHAREING :)

• says

What a timely tour! I had surgery at the beginning of summer and I have just returned to blogland and found the surprising news that Pat and J are putting their home on the market! I have loved her creativity and the changes she has made in their home. Especially loved her gray paint phase!! Yes, a big house for two people, but I can just imagine what is store for all of us when they select their new home!! My very best to Pat and J and again how dear of you to take us on the guided tour!
      Mary Anne ox

I loved seeig Pat’s home all together like this! I am wishing them the BEST i the sale of their home and finding a new one. I LOVE her porch and hope we can create one at our new home too. Thanks for featuring her, Deb! XO, pinky

Such a pretty and homey place won’t have any problem selling! Thanks for highlighting her home! I have so enjoyed seeing so many different styles and approaches to creating homes across the country!

Debbie,
    Thank you for featuring Pat’s gorgeous home for your tour! What a treat to those of us who visit frequently to see the home in its entireity!!! I wish Pat & J the best of luck in selling their home, purchasing a new home and continued health and well being for the both!
    Fondly,
    Pat

I’m wracking my brain trying to figure out what doofus WOULDN’T buy this the moment they drove up!!!!!! As fully expected, Pat, your home is a masterpiece!!! I honestly would buy it myself if I could hitch it to the back of my sedan and trot it home to Kansas City! :-) I am going to show Ramon the fireplace area in your master BR. I have wanted FOREVER to have a fireplace in ours. This is the PERFECT solution!!! I also love it that you have hardwood floors in your Master BR. I just can’t seem to get the ol’ goat on board with that notion because he’s afraid his tootsies will get cold. I keep telling him that that’s why God created area rugs!!! Everything is perfect, and you will be a realtor’s dream come true! I have a feeling you won’t be needing to change out that summer decor because it’ll sell faster than funnel cakes at the carnival! Safe travel, and tell J I said to straighten up and fly right. We need him to be healthy!!!!!

Hi Debbie…Just stopping by with an update. Our agent is a delight, the numbers are wonderful and the sign is in the yard!! Fingers and toes crossed.

On our way to the lake for an indefinite period…we need some R&R!:-)

Your home is truly beautiful, Pat. I’m sorry for the reasons you have decided to sell, but I’m so glad you have such a lovely and positive attitude about it. I’m sure your home will sell very quickly, but in the meantime, I hope you thoroughly enjoy being at the lake.
    CAS

What warm and lovely home, Pat!! I especially love the rear of the house with the porch and area stepping down. I’m sure I’d enjoy spending lots of time out there. Thanks for sharing and best wishes for the sale of your home.

Pat, I have always enjoyed your beautiful home…my favorite is your hearth room and of course “the back porch”…I will miss seeing your home when you move, but then again, we will be seeing more beautiful creations in your new home…the next chapter in your life….My wishes to Mr J for a strong recovery…..
    Thanks Debbie for this wonderful feature of Pat’s gorgeous home of warmth and love……you can tell that she has poured her wonderful heart and soul into every inch of her home….

This home is just lovely, Debbie. I have been so busy lately and haven’t had time to visit blogs. I have certainly missed yours! Thanks for sharing this gorgeous place. Very elegant and inviting.

17. Elizabeth H says

That house will sell in a flash. Beautiful inside and out. Pat has a way with decorating. Just beautiful.

Hi Debbie Dear! Thank you for sharing Pat’s most gorgeous home. I wish them luck as they place it on the market! Hope you’re having a nice weekend!
    Be a sweetie,