Diy no sew burlap kitchen valances…made from Coffee bags!

Hey there!

Today, I am sharing my diy no sew burlap kitchen valances...

made from coffee bags.

You may remember back a few months ago,

I shared my laundry room reveal and diy burlap valance.

Burlap love {diy curtains}

You can scour the internet for burlap coffee bags.

They are cheap and sometimes you can even find them for free at your local grocer

Look at the size of these coffee bags!

They even smelled like coffee, and a few beans spilled out HA!

What in the wide world could I do with these?

LOVED the graphics….

I thought…hmmm…what would Mike think if I made kitchen valances?

WAIT, I don’t sew….

WAIT, I don’t need to sew. I have my handy dandy glue gun!

So what exactly did I do?

EASY…

I cut the bags in half…straight across the middle..and I was careful not to cut the words and letters.

I then did a small fold across the top, hot glued it, and was able to slide my cafe rod right in.

I can only show you snippets for now, because I have done some other fun projects, that  have not been shown yet.

I of course did our dining area as well.

Basically the same thing, except these are attached with the curtain clips and not slid through the rod.

before and after of kitchen valances

And these I did not glue and make the faux hem on.  Very el natural.

Oh that little white thing in the corner is our house alarm sensor…People ask me that on occasion.

Can’t wait to show you how they all came together.

Mr. Doo’s is happy too!

Word to the wise.

When cutting burlap, coffee bags, etc…I highly recommend you cutting outdoors.

A TAD messy!

Enjoy the day!

Burlap no sew valances

And if you are a burlap lover as I am

you may be interested in

my

BURLAP gallery

I have lots of fun stuff over there as well.

Comments

Well, Debbie … you did it again. My projects seem to take forever to do. Your burlap valances look sooo great.

In this Cafe where we ate lunch the other day; they had potato sacks draped in the window. Just folded over about four inches on the top and draped over on a small rope … three to four sacks to the window. Looked really nice and no cut ends to ravel. Have a great week-end.
    Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures.

Very cool- I can’t do burlap cuz it makes me itch like a dog with fleas. Anyway, those size bags are the ones we used to haul around the farm filled with grain. You did a good job- I can’t believe what you can do with a glue gun. Girl, you need to learn to sew- it is SOO much easier than gluing trust me- xo Diana

3. Linda@Coastal Charm says

They look great Debbie…just can’t go wrong with these burlap bags. Hope you have a wondrful holiday!

Blessings,
    Linda

Oh……I’m loving those! You know how much I love burlap and coffee bean sacks. They look great in there! I can’t wait to see everything when you’re ready for the full reveal. We are dying with this heat too. Apparently it’s a far reaching heat wave, but it is supposed to be much cooler next week. Yay!

Debbie I LOVE the valences, they look fabulous!! Can’t wait to see what else you’ve been up too! This heat and humidity has been unbearable!! Stay cool and enjoy the weekend!

I looked on a map to see if Hades was your next town over. Egads, what is the humidity like with 103?

The valances look nice and I never thought of using cafe rings. Hmmmm…..

Bliss

7. Kris says

Those are darling Debbie! And yes, cutting burlap is a bit messy indeed!!!!! You almost need a face mask!
    Wow, you are getting hot there! We get a lot of triple digits here where I live, sometimes even up to 110, but it doesn’t stay that way too long, thank goodness! It is heating up here too.
    Stay cool!!!
    XO Kris

8. Brenda in Iowa says

I love burlap and I love your valences. I made burlap curtains in my kitchen for Christmas season and still have them up. I just took strips of burlap (about 2ft) across and put them over my rod and tied them with twine at the end so they have a little puff…hard to describe, but have 4th of July decorations in the tied twine. I just started following your blog and love it.

I was going to do coffee sack half curtains in my butlers pantry but Mr. Wonderful nixed the idea. I was bummed cuz I have a collection of vintage coffee tins and wooden grinders…it would have been perfect. I don’t think he gets the burlap craze. Yours look great!

I do sew, but I don’t like to sew burlap. I would MUCH rather glue. Therefore, you hit a hot button with this one. I love them, especially in your kitchen.

BTW, love the idea of the pinning party.
    I’ve been AWOL and just read that. Way cool of an idea.

Debbie,
    I LOVE this idea.So easy too.I don’t sew either.My glue gun comes in handy….. alot LOL. Love your curtains.They look great .
    Have a great weekend.And stay cool.
    ((((Hugs)))
    Anne

Hey miss Debbie, your curtains look great. If you ever learned to sew you would be a force to be reckoned with! Can’t wait to see what else you did, you are always changing things up!

Carol

I recently did my first ever burlap project. What a mess! Sort of smelly too but so worth it in the end. Your creations are wonderful. Stay cool!

cute valances Debbie! Love no sew projects! great tip about cutting outdoors! Did you know that if you pull one thread out all the way across, it gives you a relatively straight line to follow?

great job!
    gail

It’s a scorcher here in NC too….!….I love the burlap curtains…so cute in the breakfast room…and I especially love them as they are coffee bags….I love all things coffee…and you are my kind of gal, no sew…just give me stitch witchery and a glue gun and I am a happy girl!….Great job and great idea Debbie!

Debbie,
    I think the curtains with the clips are fantastically cute. Casual chic and I love them! I’ve always loved printed burlap but have never done anything with it. Maybe I will start with some throw pillows . . .
    Shannon

They definitely have a cool feel to them. Love that you did them without sewing. Great work. And I heartily agree about cutting outdoors!
    Liz

OMGOSH, these are waaay cute. I need some for my 3 windows so will viist that site.
    Thanks, Debbie…and I can see why Mr. Doo’s likes the valances…too cute.

These look absolutely adorable! I love how light filters through them…casual elegance! I love all your burlap transformations:) The other day at Home Goods I spotted these burlap rice bag pillows with a graphic of the Taj Mahal, that immediately reminded me of your gorgeous rice bag kitchen bar stools and how beautiful they look in your kitchen. You do miracles with burlap and I adore your projects:) thanks for the inspiration! Hope the weather cools down..we badly need rain, my garden plants are dying in this sweltering heat:( Stay cool ! hugs,Poppy

Trying to think of something funny or witty to say in thanks of you linking up to Hot Fun in the Summertime, but really the overwhelming feeling is that I just want to say thanks. :)

~Bliss~