Cottage sytle home tour in Atlanta

Hello everyone!
I’m Kelly, from The Essence of Home, and Debbiedoos invited me to her blog for a personal tour of my home.  I’m so excited to be able to participate alongside all the other great tours she has hosted!

My home is located in Cumming, GA.  I share my home with my husband and two sons and a spunky Boston Terrier!Our house sits on top of a hill and is surrounded by lots of trees that provide wonderful shade during the hot months of summer.

Welcome!

We use our front porch all the time.  There are planters attached to the porch railing that provide a great place for flowers and greenery to be enjoyed.

I love the casual cottage style of white slipcovers, neutral colors and farmhouse finds. I lean towards a more Swedish look in some of my rooms so it’s very light and airy.  So let’s go inside!

Foyer
Most of my furnishings have been collected over time.

I painted many pieces of furniture using  Sherwin Williams paint in Fawn Brindle. It’s a nice soft grey color.

Sitting Room
My draperies are made of simple drop cloth material hung on clip rings.

I’ve used a few accent pieces in burlap.

Family Room

I love using white slipcovers on my furniture.  They can easily be washed in the washing machine when needed.  My coffee table was given to me from my mom.  It was custom built using old solid pine wood.
When we got a bigger TV for our cabinet, the armoire doors needed to be removed.  So, rather than tossing them aside, they were placed above the mantel to add architectural interest and a bit of gray against the white wall.
The chest of drawers are all antique and have been painted white and distressed. They provide wonderful additional storage.

Powder Room

Kitchen

I use a lot of farmhouse finds in my kitchen.

This black armoire hides our computer station.

I like to have my cookware and dishes readily accessible.
I removed the upper cabinet doors and painted the cabinets black to display my white dishes.
Simple clamp lights, above the cabinets, provide much needed task lighting while cooking.

I removed the cabinet doors below the sink and made a sink skirt out of drop cloth material.

Dining Room

I prefer slip covered chairs at my dining room table.  It softens the look of all the wood in the room.

I’ve used drop cloths as simple draperies in this room too. This room gets a lot of natural light.  My wall hutch is a great place to display some of my white dishes.

Master Bedroom

Master Bathroom

Hope you enjoyed the tour!

Thanks for stopping by.

~ Kelly ~

Thank you Kelly so very much for the home tour.

If you have not visited

Kelly from  The Essence of home...

Well….
HOP on over NOW. she is an awesome friend and blogger, and you will be happy you did!

Share mePin on Pinterest3,561Share on Facebook29Tweet about this on Twitter3Share on Google+0Share on Reddit0Share on StumbleUpon0Print this pageEmail this to someone

Comments

What a beautiful home! I was in love immediately because our styles are so similar! I popped over to Kelly’s site and left her a comment too! Thanks for featuring her….so enjoyable!
    Blessings, Lorraine

2. Penny @ The Comforts of Home & Flea Market Makeovers says

Kelly’s home is lovely. I am a big fan of her style…Thanks for featuring her today.

I’m a wee bit pissed. Seriously, kidding…..well, sort of…. That pine dresser is what I’ve been searching the lands for… I have spent the last three years looking for just that dresser. Perfection. What a fabulous house. I know I’ll be back many a time to see what other splendors I can find in here. Charming, perfectly charming.

Kelly’s home is breathtakingly heartachingly {I think I made that word up} gorgeous!!! The kind where you just sigh and say I wanna live there! Beautiful feature.

Kelly, your home is so gorgeous. I’ve loved seeing the transformation that it’s made since you started blogging!
    I’m crazy about that large metal basket on your fridge. The “industrial” elements in the mix really make it stand out!

Debbie,

What an awesome feature!!!!!!!!!! Her home is amazing! Well…..I mean….I already think she has such an eye for style and then I saw those black cabinets! You always have the best features :)

Have a blessed and wonderful day!

karianne

I follow kelly’s blog, but haven’t seen some of her older posts. It was great to see all these rooms in her beautiful home in one place. Thanks for featuring Kelly’s beautifully decorated home!

I love Kelly’s style of decorating. Also love reading her blog. Her kitchen llooks so inviting, and like the way she added industrial items to her decor!

9. linda says

thank you for showing this charming home i just love it all and can picture myself sitting on that lovely porch:)

10. Kris says

So soft, serene, and pretty! I thoroughly enjoyed this tour! My good friend lived in Cumming. I always wanted to visit!
    Kris

Another Southern porch for me to covet. Kelly’s “essence” is every bit as pretty as her sister’s beautiful home, I only wish she would chalk on that chalkboard light fixture!

~Bliss~

This home is stunning. I love the entryway and the mirror. There is such warmth in this house and you can tell it is home. Love it! Thanks for sharing.

Love Kelly’s home, it’s so cozy and inviting! She has great style and I love visiting her blog for inspiration especially with all the vintage details ;)

HI Debbie Dear! Oh, you couldn’t have featured a prettier home. Kelly’s home is so beautiful!
    Have a great weekend.
    be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

So glad you featured Kelly’s home/blog – she always has the most wonderful home decor to share and is so sweet on top of it all! Jane

I love Kelly’s style! It is a matter of time before she lands a feature in a magazine~her hoem is stunningly gorgeous! She is so good at editing her stuff, leaving only behind the best! Love love loved this tour Debbie!

Thanks for featuring her today, Debbie. I love her style and her home! Seeing all of it at once was wonderful, thank you Kelly!!!! I love this series when you feature people’s homes. Maybe after we get in our nEW home You will feature me!!!:)

18. Rondell says

Kelly’s home is just beautiful, I love all that she has done to each room especially the gray that she has in it, Kelly is one fantastic decorater!

Thanks so much for featuring Kelly’s beautiful home, Debbie! She is so creative. I loved seeing these photos. Many with views I have not seen before.

Kelly’s home is an exact reflection of herself…beautiful inside and out!!!!….I love the ever so crisp and fresh look of her entire home…She has done an amazing job!..and I have had the great pleasure to finally meet Kelly….she is wonderful and so much fun to be with!!!….

This is such a beautiful home–lovely style! I’ve heard of people using drop cloth fabric but definitely pictured the wrong thing . . . I’m a believer! Thank you so much for sharing. :)

A light and airy and serene home. Love the porch – it sets the perfect tone for the inside of the house. I am wishing I had slipcovers somewhere in my house. All the pieces are perfectly placed and the accessories are add so much interest to each space. Kelly has done a great job in the kitchen with painting the interior of the shelves black to showcase the white china. The master bedroom and bath are like an escape to a spa – and that gorgeous picture window! Thank you for sharing Kelly’s home!

Another beautiful home tour, Debbie. I’m having a great time catching up on missed posts. Sorry to have been MIA for so long. Life has taken me out of town and away from my computer. LOL Not always a bad thing!