Transforming a terra cotta pot with Annie Sloan chalk paint

Happy Sunday to you all!

We had a busy weekend!~ Hope you all enjoyed yours as well.  I managed to squeeze in a quick project.

Painting a terra cotta pot with Annie Sloan chalk paint.

Painted terra cotta

Been a while since I picked up a paint brush.  I had some Annie Sloan Chalk paint left in my favorite color

Provence.

I bought this planter at Walmart.  Too plain jane for me.

Again, trying to incorporate more Live greenery in the home…

succulents are hard to kill.  I hope!

The other day after Mike and I had our taxes done, we hit a few antique places in the area we were in.

I found this gorgeous rooster runner for $11.00.

I really love it!  Has all my favorite colors!

I am really hoping this little garden tag brings me luck…

I decided the pot needed some words as well…

Out came my Annie Sloan chalk  paint and stencils.

You may hop on over to Shades of Amber to see some fun new fresh colors!

Can you guess what this says in Spanish?
I gave you a hint already!

I have to tell you a quick funny…

Remember my pallet sign I did a few weeks ago?

P1170444 1024x768 Another free Pallet project!

When I google how to say Home Sweet Home in Spanish,

this is what came up…

apparently, what it really says Is HOUSE sweet HOUSE…

Chalk paint on terra cotta pot

Hogar is Home in Spanish.  Oh well, see you can’t always get the right answers on google.

House sweet House works for me too.

I sure hope this Spanish word is the one I meant to say.

GROW!

Have a great day.

Comments

Total coincidence, but I used my leftover Duck Egg Blue to transform an old planter last week. You know what they say…great minds think alike!!

Casa is a word that everyone seems to know so MY mind would automatically say … Home Sweet Home. The other way, I bet you would get a lot of questions on what it meant :) Great idea with the pot too … I may have to copy your idea :)
    Hugs,
    Bj

Love the color on the planter and cute cute runner. I don’t know Spanish either so I would not have known the difference anyway. I did kill my succulents last year!

That rooster runner is gorgeous! What a find! With all your cute roosters you’ve got me looking at roosters when I go shopping now, even though they wouldn’t really go with anything I have, lol! :)

Your pot looks gorgeous! Provence is such a pretty color! I think the yellow flowers are Coreopsis. They are pretty easy to grow and need lots of sun. They are perennials, so they will die off after summer is over and come back in the Spring. Cut off the dead flowers(called “deadheading”) when they fade. When you get tired of them in your house, just plant them in a sunny location outside.

Hey Debbie, great idea painting your pot with ASCP..it looks wonderful. Lovin the stencil too! Many thanks for hosting the Newbie party. Jane

This is a beautiful post, Debbie! I’m loving your fabulous finds, especially the rooster runner and the cute cute garden tag! Loving the Provence paint on your terracotta planter, I really like the shape of your planter… need to stop by at Walmart very soon:) Your house always looks gorgeous with beautiful sunshine streaming in.Need to finish up on our taxes as well.. Thanks for stopping by!Have a great week ahead. Hugs,Poppy

I have to try that chalk paint sometime. I love the finish. We wouldn’t have known those Spanish words if you hadn’t told us. LOL. Have a great week, Debbie. Thanks for hosting the newbie party.

What a Qt jello mold! Great find for you =) The planter looks great in it’s new paint. LOVE the color. Completely transforms it. Looks like lots of great links this week… Can not WAIT to start the highlight posts =)))

LOVE that rooster runner! I really is beautiful. With a planter as pretty and cheerful as yours, surely those succulents will thrive. You’ve given them very clear instructions in both English and Spanish….and I agree with BJ and the others…casa works and sounds better.

Sharon @ mrs. hines class

Hi Debbie, I am going to have to try the chalk paint on teracotta. Your planter looks great and I sure like the lettering you added. Thanks for hosting.
    Rob

I would have never thought of painting the pot. Looks fabulous. We have some of those yellow flowers potted outside, they come back every year. We bring the pot indoors during heavy freeze times. Good luck.

Debbie, Love the planter transformation, I hope they grow too!
    The translation sign is funny, but it adds character! Thanks again for hosting the newbie party! I notice a lot more traffic coming my way from these newbie linky parties :)

14. Lizy says

Me encanto el pote de terracota y la mejor parte era que decia Crecer!!!! ok, insert translation here..” I loved the terracota planter and the best part was that it said Grow!!! You are so creative Debbie..You’re probably tired of hearing it, but you are and your are not afraid of taking risks, no matter the language! =0) Abrazos!!!

Thank you for hosting this newbie party! It is so nice to be promoted as a new blogger! Love your terracotta planter – btw – I am headed to Walmart now for some succulents. I have a “black thumb” – I heard you can’t kill these plants (let’s hope!) Missi

The planter turned out very nice! I am also envious of the rooster runner! VERY pretty!

I think your quote is probably the “Americanized” version ;) since I was able to better understand what you were WANTING to say. I had 2 years of Spanish in high school, but that was nearly 3 decades ago! EEK!

Love the HOUSE Sweet HOUSE! And the color of your planter, Provence? Beautiful. I linked up my new post on my still newbie blog…. but computer malfunction (hopefully not operator error) caused the picture link to go a.w.o.l.
    Don’t know if I can fix it!
    Thanks!
    Kathy

Just want to let you know that your newbie party is appreciated! I look forward to meeting other newbies!!
    ALSO….I love your planter!! I am a sucker for tiffany blue!

Thanks for hosting, Debbie! I adore that rooster runner. And, too funny about Google. I have been double checking myself about things I search on the internet!!!

Hello Debbie! You made me laugh with your Spanish! Well, I live in Buenos Aires, Argentina. As you now know, House and Home are like Casa and Hogar here. And, speaking about your wonderful pot, do you want it to sound like a hope? or an order? because in that case you should say “Crece”. Crecer, with “r” is like saying “to grow” for you. But don’t care about all this, you can ask me whenever you want to know a word in Spanish. But……please excuse me for my poor English!!! I try my best. Thank you por the party!
    Besos (Kisses) from Argentina. Silvina.

Love the duck egg blue on the terracotta – I’ve only used white- will have to try this –
    and thanks so much for hosting Debbie
    Hugs,
    Suzan

LOVE yur terra cotta pot and all the details. I LOVE details.
    Thanks for hosting and letting us share!
    Make it a wonderful week!
    Meegan@whatmeeganmakes