Thrift store chair, painted and stenciled {Magazine copy cat challenge inspiration}

Hi there!~

Thanks so much for all your awesome comments on my laundry room makeover. I really did not expect that sort of response.  So thank you!  I have been gearing up for the Magazine copy cat challenge coming April 26th.  I found this gorgeous inspiration picture from BHG and thought, hey I can whip this up.

chair redo

First thing I did on my thrifted and Annie Sloan chalk painted chair…

was add a simple stencil embellishment.

Threw on this pillow, that I had won some time ago

From Sonya beyond the screened door.

I staged the desk area in our bonus room, and used the curtains as the back drop.

Stenciled the back of the chair….as seen in the inspiration pic.

Fun!

Took me all of a few minutes.  Takes longer to actually create a post than to do the project.

Hope to see you here on April 26th! Really is so much fun to see what you all come up with.

Sharing with:
Inspiration Friday

Show and tell

Miss Mustard seed

Addicted2Decorating

C R A F T

Comments

Debbie, that is too cute! I love anything with a monogram on it! I swear I am going to do this copy cat challenge one time. When we get all moved and settled in, I am so in!!!!

How cute is that and you are so good at these challenges! I am always amazed at how you just whip these things up like nobody’s business. You go girl! :)

Fabulous! I can’t wait to link up! I am trolling through my magazines now, but am tempted to just copy cat Shannon @ Fox Hollow Cottage’s beautiful aqua bench…I found one that needs some love!

Jessica @ Mom 4 Real

Oh Debbie, that’s cute! I’m not sure I will be able to make this challenge because I will be away but I will try real hard to get something together before we leave. I’m so happy now….I finally have you on my blog list. I had to delete my old and create a new blog list. Blogger would not let me add or delete for months now. So far…so good! Hope you’re having a wonderful day, Gail

I love how you take those ideas and put the Debbie ~doo’s~ on them! Your own little twist =)
    I better get my doo going and think of something so I can PLAY!!

Turned out well. And I LOVE your desk! I’ve been wanting to try chalk paint and keep reading that people wax it afterward. Could you please tell me what kind of wax you use? Is it Johnson & Johnson paste wax for floors–or something else?

• says

Rita, the wax I used is also by Annie Sloan. My stockist information is on my sidebar…Shade of Amber. They have some package deals as well that include the wax. Great stuff! You will not be disappointed.

Why, I will be there with bells on.
    I had my photo all picked out, ready to do the copy and now I can’t find my inspiration photo..
    Gooing back to look for it again right now.

Cute Debbie, Goodness you are have turned into the most creative DIYer! I remember when you said you weren’t much of a crafter 2 years ago and now you have turned into one of the best!! Next, you will need a booth to sell your wears! Or you will be turning up at my Fancy Flea.

Carol

Love what you did with your chair! I hope to be able to link up on Monday. I just started a new blog, (after losing mine) Would love it if you would stop over and check it out (you could let me know if everything is working ok) Thank you so much!