French Country Kitchen {sunflowers and roosters}

Hey there!~ Hope you are having a wonderful day!~ Today I want to share some of our French Country Kitchen with you.

You all know by now I am the Rooster queen! I also love sunflowers.

The two just seem to go together nicely and make for a warm country french flair.

Today I am sharing a pretty picture I bought from our local gift shop. I  thought this picture would look nice both for the Spring and Summer season.

No more ivy in the strainer…NOW a faux sunflower.

Let me explain what I did with this picture.  Although, looks self explanatory, I will tell you why.

The picture looked a little lost behind the back splash.  It was not large enough.

{these little cuties egg cups were just gifted to me by my FIL too…very old!

The green board you see behind it was, blue at one time.  It was just a plain board that I bought at goodwill.  I chalk board painted it, and had it in our laundry room for sometime.

I pulled it out, and layered it!

I love it. Wrote Happy Spring, and my happy corner is happy again!

Just thought I would share these yummy steaks we had while our family was here.

My FIL, noticed the cute rooster on the char crust…he said maybe you can do something with the box! LOL!~

Come on people, I really can’t make something outta nothing! or Can I???

YOU know the rules by now for the party!
just a recap:

Blogging 6 months or less, and/or less than 100 followers.

Please add my link or button to your post.

I would love if you did NOT have word verification on.  It is a real comment killer!

Sharing with:
Sunday showcase

Thrifty decor chick/before and after party

MM {BNOTP}

Tip Junkie handmade projects

Comments

Oh I love your new picture and the sunflowers are always perfect. I am bringing some of mine out too for Spring, they just make me so happy. Gorgeous vignettes in the kitchen. The steaks look yummy. So good. Hugs, Marty

Hi Debbie Dear Cutie Pie! Oh, you amaze me! Look what you’ve done with your little picture! I just love it. Your little egg cups are so cute too! I just love seeing all you do and I’m coveting that darling scale! I’ve been looking for one! Yummy, on those steaks. Mr. Precious grilled filet mignons – melted in my tiny mouth.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

Love your vignette Debbie, the fresh cilantro looks yummy, I think I can even smell it. I so miss your parties that I am putting in a request for another reunion some time in the future. I’m sure I’m not the only one who love it to be a regular thing. (Maybe once a month)

Oh, I love sunflowers too. Your new picture is gorgeous and I’m still envious of your yellow colander. I want one so bad!

Have a great week,
    Shasta

I am a new follower, and so far, I love everything I see!!! But, I gotta confess – I’m going a little crazy over that beautiful yellow collander! Beautiful! =) Sometimes it’s just the little things, I guess.

We had steaks on the new Barbie tonight! Wonderful Vignettes and as always thanks for hosting us “Newbies”.

Hi Debbie! To reply to your think-out–loud ..YES YOU CAN! If anyone can make beautiful from nothing, it’s you!! I love your kitchen roosters and sunflowers ae my thing too..except right now..the bunnies have kicked everyone out. :) Thank you for helping promote our blogs! My next step is to learn how to make a “button” , host a party , and a give-away. Have a great week!!! Dianna

This is a great idea of layering for added size. Kudos to you. And, yes, I agree with the others, if anyone can create something from nothing, it would be you my friend!!!

I really love your sunflower picture. The way you added it to the chalkboard with the green trim just makes it! Perfect for this summer too.

Oh how bright and cheerful your kitchen looks… all ready for spring:)Love the gorgeous frame and the finish on it and your egg cups are simply adorable. The steaks look very tempting:) Have a great week!Hugs, Poppy

I love sunflowers. My classroom was decorated with sunflowers for about 10 years.
    Thank you for hosting, Debbie.
    Katie

Wow! What a treat! Thank you for hosting for us “Newbies”…how nice of you! Those steaks look FABTABULOUS…how did they turn out? So nice to know we both come from Western NY…I will be sure to be back next week :)

~Julie Xo

What a perfect solution for that pretty sunflower picture! Great idea!

And yes, I do believe you can make something out of nothing!

14. linda says

the egg cups are soooo cute i love what you did with the sunflower picture it turned out perfect :)

I love what you did with the wall art, it really brightens up the back splash. I am sure you can think of something to do with the roo’s on the box!!

Have a wonderful week.

Debbie,
    Your style and ideas always keep my creative juices flowing :) Thanks for letting me share what I love to do! Have a great week!!
    Meegan@whatmeeganmakes
    PS-LOVE your yellow colander!!!

I’m soooo excited to finally join one of your Newbie parties! Thanks so much for hosting and can’t wait to see what others linked up.

Hiya Debbie,
    I see great minds think alike. I have a sunflower print I’ve been trying to figure out how to add to my kitchen also. It just seemed to fit in with my rooster kitchen. I love your idea with the board. Has my creative juices flowing now. Thanks for the inspiration and for sharing! Love if you’d share this at my Frugal Treasures Tuesday party going on now. : )

I love the sunflowers. I have a similar backsplash, but don’t know how to hang things on it. without damaging the tile. Are you using some of the adhesive wall hangers?

Debbie,
    Such a cheery kitchen! Sunflowers always make me smile. I’m loving your red scale. I picked up a black one several years ago at an antique fair in Walnut, IA. However, I didn’t get to enjoy it very long in my kitchen. My husband “borrowed” it to weigh hay for our horses and it has been in our barn every since. Love your blog! I’m a new follower. =)

Thanks for the newbie link party, I’ve been finding a lot of great new blogs because of it! I love your new picture and how you made it fit the space! Those steaks are making me want to have a barbecue!

Love what you did with the picture, & I’m crazy for sunflowers, too! Your entire “happy corner” is, well, just so happy! And, one of those steaks would have made me extra special happy….lol!
    CAS