Charming, Vintage inspired home tour in Connecticut {Colonial style}

What a pleasure to be a guest at Debbiedoo’s.
This has been my home for over 6 years.  I chose this house for the tall ceilings and a roomy kitchen. It was a builder’s spec home and a perfect, clean slate for me to decorate.
Here in Connecticut, there are charming towns with little old cottages lining the streets. A very quaint style that I fell in love with when we moved to this area.  My decorating style has always been about re-purposing but coming to New England gave me a whole new appreciation for old.
This home displays charming vintage accents that make it feel lived in and loved.

I’m Holly, from Down to Earth Style

Welcome to my home…

A colonial style on the outside…
a little bit of cottage and more on the inside.
This is a $10 vintage door that leads to our basement.
The entryway floors are stained in a checker pattern.
I like to decorate above doorways and windows. I made that planter out of pallet wood.
I installed Board and Batten wainscoting on most of our main floor. It’s so easy to do and makes a space casual and quaint.
Our family room also has a painted pattern rug.
I recently made those pendant lights from hanging garden planters.
I took out the original island that matched my cabinets and built a new one.
If you want to do something similar -
I don’t sew much but I did make that window valance with Stitch Witchery and my iron.
The tiny half bath on the main level is a bit shabby chic.

This is my office/dining room.  I brought in our vintage picnic table from the outdoor patio and layered some burlap on top for a cloth.
I have a love for old doors…. (Really?…You say?)
Our master bedroom got a makeover last winter.
I have two really sweet boys.
This is Luke’s room.
(Unfortunately, I never made it around to Ben’s)
If you love my house and you want to live in Connecticut – you can buy this place.
We are moving to Virginia.
 I’m so excited to redecorate another house all over again.
Visit my blog for easy and earth friendly home inspiration.
Thank you Debbiedoo for inviting me over today!
Thank you Holly! You have become one of my favorite blog stops!
Holly is super talented and if you have not been over to her blog..
I highly recommend the drop by! You will be glad you did.

Share mePin on Pinterest7,762Share on Facebook29Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Google+0Share on Reddit0Share on StumbleUpon0Print this pageEmail this to someone

Comments

I LOVE Holly’s style! She has a gorgeous home and some really wonderful inspiring ideas. Did I mention she’s sweet and funny? I’m still in awe over her planter pendant lights…wow.

Fabulous house! I especially love the master bedroom and behind the bed. I have a huge very tall wall behind our bed and just don’t know what to do with it.

Oops…mouth hanging open here…LOL! I have only ever seen bits and pieces of Holly’s home before now and I am just beyond impressed! She took it and turned it into something so custom and amazing and her talents shine in every single nook and cranny. I am just in awe of the kitchen! So glad you shared this with us Debbie (and Holly!)! :-)
    Vanessa

4. Linda@Coastal Charm says

Debbie,
    LOVE…did I say…I LOVE Holly’s house? Every room is so charming…it’s hard to pick a favorite one. That was a steal on that $10 door. I’m sure that her house will sell fast.

Blessings,
    Linda

Excuse me while I wipe the drool from my chin…OMG, this is gorgeous!!!!!!!!!! I’m so in love with that kitchen, the island is amazing! Are we allowed to pin these pics?

What a gorgeous home, Debbie … full of fabulous farmhouse goodness! Wow! Even the exterior colors are amazing, too! Thanks for sharing such a gorgeous home with us all, Debbie!

Beautiful home….so many areas of such magnificent creativity…from the floors to the ultra cute pendants made from garden planters…You definitely can see the love that is saturated in every space…I am sure it is hard to leave that beautiful home…but then again Virginia is beautiful….Good luck on your sale….

Great choice for a guest today Debbie. Holly is one of my first blogging friends. Not only is her style something I love, she’s a heck-of-a lady.

~Bliss~

Your sense of style inspires me! I have a new-ish house as well and I love that you were able to mix new and old in such a beautiful way! I have lots of favorites in your house but your bedroom really caught my eye today. I like how you layered all of those items on your headboard. Love your sage, white, and black color combo too!
    Thank you for sharing your amazing home!
    Hugs,
    Linsey

Holly’s has impeccable style and her home reflects that! I’m really impressed with how handy she is, too! I’m afraid to try anything so I’m really in awe of her ability with a hammer! Even her hallways are beautifully decorated!

I just love that it looks like everything has been added over time. Adore your staircase and the distressed black paint. Your home is a joy at every turn with something interesting to look at in every room! Sure enjoyed the tour =)

Thanks Debbie and Holly for the wonderful house tour! I have been thinking about painting my 1980’s era “country” armoire (similar to Holly’s bedroom piece) black but have not gotten up the courage until now.

Um…I am wiping tears from eyes…. Girls that blog are amzing! What a sweet group of friends we have Debbie…xoxoxo Made my week!!!
    Thank you dearly.
    Holly

What a beautiful home. I love all the details and the molding and the boxwoods. Absolutely a wonderful way to start my Saturday!

Thanks for the inspiration.

blessings,
    karianne

I still can’t believe she’s moving from this beautiful home! Wah! I told her I was looking forward to seeing her new home redo, but was sad…so much of “her” is in this home. Love the light fixtures over the island in the kitchen…must have missed that post! Holly has such an artistic eye. xo wendy

16. Shauna says

Absolutely beautiful! So much to love here! My favorite has to be the round stool at the piano. I had one like it when I was a child to use at our huge upright pedal organ. As children, we loved to sit on it and spin each other around and around.

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! Love, love, love those checkerboard floors, but then, I think I loved just about every picture you had. What a great job decorating, I can imagine just how anxious and excited you are to move and get to start that all over again! What a job well done! I’m betting that house will sell soon, I would love to buy it myself! : ).. Good luck and thanks for sharing it with us!

You picked a good one, Debbie. I love Holly’s style. I can’t wait to see what she does to her home in Virginia once she moves.

sharon @ mrs. hines class

Wow, what a gorgeous, warm & welcoming home! I love these tours. There are so many things in Holly’s home that I covet…she has a real talent for decorating.

Pat