Cottage in the Mountains of Western North Carolina home tour

Hi everyone! I’m so excited to have been invited by Debbie to do a home tour. Now– I know Debbie from RMS and there is no one who is prouder of all that she has accomplished than I am:-) On to the tour…welcome to our little cottage in the mountains of western North Carolina.

This is the great room…
Looking the other direction…
And now the dining area. I made the table several years ago from wormy chestnut boards from a 100-year-old guest house here.
Turn around and you are in the kitchen.

Next is the hall bath…

My husband and I recently installed these tongue and groove boards from my great grandfather’s house. This is the grey that the other trim is painted.

We will skip the kid’s rooms if you don’t mind. They never seem to get finished.
Next up is the master bedroom…

I only wish it looked like this right now because it is serving a dual purpose — currently being used as a recording studio, and I’m not kidding.

Here is the master bath. If you haven’t guessed by now, I love color:-)

And this is an updated photo of the pot rack in the bathroom that I use for towels, etc.

So that’s really about it. Did I mention it was small?? It is nice and cozy, and we really enjoy so much family time here.
We can head back out to the porch and visit some more.
Thank you so much for stopping by, and many, many thanks to Debbie for featuring me!
Anita
Thank you Anita from Far above Rubies for having us over! I love your home!
COMMENT OPTION ON TOP!
people have asked me about that, and I am looking into how I change it.
Remember gals I am a newbie over here!

Comments

1. Anna STarner says

Love the colors used throughout this lovely home. Such a warm welcoming feel here.
    Thanks for sharing with us.

Anna

I always enjoy seeing Anita’s home! It’s so warm and inviting … she truly knows how to create beautiful tablescapes, too! And, LOVE their back porch!

Oh!! I love Anita, love her blog and love her house!!! She is so MULTI talented!!! Can’t say enough good things. Thanks for featuring her, Deb! BTW, it is 80 degrees here in Pa. …..IN MARCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am LOVIN this:):) XO, Pinky

Oh, Anita’s home is so warm and vibrant…just like her! It is so nice to see another lover of color when sometimes I feel like we get lost in the sea of neutrals out here in blogland. :-) So glad you shared this gorgeous home with us today Debbie!
    Vanessa

What a beautiful, quaint and cozy home tour! I went to college in NC, so spent 4 years there, and this just represents the loveliness of the South so well…thank you for sharing this! :)

I knew, or at least hoped that, that it would be the cottage in the mountains of one of my most inspirational bloggers! I love her home and have her pinned all over my boards to prove it. My favorite thing of all is the way she uses old family elements right on down to the boards to create her beautiful home.

Great choice.
    Actually, I have loved every tour. This is really, really a fun way to start my weekend.
    Coveting….

No, really, just being inspired.

Hi Debbie! Another beautiful home tour! I miss not having you appear on my sidebar. I’m still not able to add or remove anyone yet! I emailed Martina the other day and asked her if she is able to and she said she was now so I’ve been trying everyday since then but nothing yet! Hopefully, it will happen soon. Hope you have a wonderful weekend, Gail

I have always thought her home was sooooo pretty! I would love to live in such a private wooded setting. That porch is to die for. Her home has a lot of beautiful textiles in it that caught my eye too.

Hey Debbie, I’ve always loved Anita’s beautiful home! She has so many beautiful pieces and knows just how to display them! I love her tablescapes too!

• says

Debbie, thanks so much for featuring Anita’s home! I just love visiting her blog. You can really feel the love that she has put into making her house a home! And of course, I just love her use of all the rich colors! Thanks so much for sharing!!!

Beautiful home, Anita! I love seeing it all together in one post after seeing peeks here and there in your other posts. Love your porch and I love the openness to your interiors. I have that openness for the first time in our new place and I really love it.

Anita’s house is gorgeous. She really knows her decorating. I love everything about it. I love her blog too. Great idea to feature her home.

This is a fantastic home feature. The colors are so warm and inviting. Love the bathroom shower curtain (I focus on things I can’t do – like sew). I want to stop over and sip a beverage on the porch, love it. In fact, I’m gonna go stop at her blog next.

~Bliss~

13. Entertaining Women says

A cozy home that becomes a mansion with that glorious porch! I always love the dining room and the lovely things that Anita creates there. Thanks for inviting us for a peak. Cherry Kay