In search of my Mother’s garden!~

outdoor vertical garden

“In search of my Mother’s garden, I found my own.”
 I wish I could say I came up with that saying, however,
 I found it on the web, and it spoke volumes to me!
Author: Alice Walker
This was an extremely fun project.
Mike went to the local hardware store and bought the wood for me..fastened it, and the rest…
well you can see what I came up with.
Right now I am claiming this to be the most enjoyable project, I have ever done.
And to think, it all started with a copy cat magazine challenge.
I am extremely visual, so when I see something, I can copy it pretty well.
I never ever do it exactly though. I guess that is not really copying then is it?
These are two wood planks braced together, you have NO idea how heavy it is.
But being the stubborn person I am, I stained it, and then carried it to my back porch myself.
MIKE was not happy I did that.  In fact, he said, I never met your Grandmother, but I am betting you are as stubborn as she is.  Was that a compliment? Probably not, but I loved my Gram:)
Of course, with my own fun twist.

If you missed my Mom’s  fairy garden’s they really are a site to see.

The magazine used coffee cans.  I used veggie cans. The larger tin, was pink, I spray painted it,and used my stencil to perk it up.

And here is my magazine copy cat.

Share mePin on PinterestShare on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+Share on YummlyShare on StumbleUponPrint this pageEmail this to someone

Comments

1. Fabiana says

I joined your newbie party! Great idea! I've been a blogger since May. Thanks for hosting! xoxo

ciaonewportbeach.blogspot.com

2. FABBY'S LIVING says

I love the way it turned out…I think I like the way you did it better, with the buckets, more summer and garden looking. Great job! Hugs and thank you for hostessing, I'm into the Patriotic style now. FABBY

3. My Blessed Serendipity Life says

How cute Debbie! I like that you gave it your own touch. That makes it YOU.

Danielle

4. Liesl @ FabulousFashions4SensibleStyle says

WOW, Debbie, I love that…how cute and fun is that!!! I can totally see how that was your most enjoyable project thus far…well done, as always!!! I hope you and your family are having a Super Sunday!

Liesl :)

5. Rosemary@villabarnes says

I like the twist you gave your version. Looking forward to the copy cat party. Thanks for hosting.

6. Misty says

Thanks for thinking of us newbies! I started blogging in January and appreciate you hosting this party!

7. Grammy Goodwill says

You did a great job on your fence wall. I really like the colors you used. (My husband gets mad when I carry things that are too heavy also. I just get so anxious that I don't want to wait, plus I get frustrated when there are things I can't do.) Thanks for the newbie party, too. I finally get to participate.

8. angnuzz says

I absolutely love this. Would love to try, but I suck at this stuff! Why did I get the bad creative genes!!

9. laxsupermom says

Love your version! The saying puts it over the top. Love the colors you used for the planter cans, too. Thanks for sharing and for hosting this newbie party each week. I love discovering new blogs to visit.

10. Poppy says

This is such a fun and creative way to perk up and bring color to your deck… loved how you used different vibrant colors and I love the quote..Fun and inspiring! Thank you for hosting this awesome party for us newbies' each week and for your sweet compliment. Enjoyed reading your comments always. Happy Sunday to you!~Poppy

11. Neha@ All things beautiful says

This looks great and adds so much charm to your outdoor space. Looking forward to your project for the 1st.

12. ❀❀❀Ðαωᾔ❀❀❀ says

Well, my guess of a flag wasn't even close. Much cuter idea than I had. Looks fabulous and creative:)

13. donatella says

love all these colors!
    i'm still looking at magazines to figure out what to do with your party, i hope i can get my acts together by the 1st of july :)

thanks for hosting!!

14. Crystal @ Ordinary Days says

Debbie, that is cute, cute, cute!! So whimsical and fun. :) Somehow I can just see you carrying that heavy thing around. lol

15. ❀ⒹⒺⒺ❀ says

Debbie,

Very cute copy! I have a few coffee cans. I think I'm going to try decorating them now that I saw yours.

Dee

16. Mimi says

I can certainly see how this was one of your favorites to create! And that quote is so touching :) Beautiful job – you are one creative talented lady! Hope i can pull something together for the copycat party. It sounds like so much fun!

17. laurie says

I just admire the ambition and gutso you have.You are a true inspiration to all of us.The help you give everyone is truly amazing.If it wasn't for you I would be wandering around blogger land with a dazed and confused look on my face,, well I still do sometimes but I always feel like I can just ask Debbie.I have had two friends start blogs since I have two months ago and I sent them both to you.I also suggested another person to seek your newbie party out,, she did and was so happy,, it not only helped her have more of an audience she also found so many new interesting people for herself to follow.Thankyou Debbie,, so sorry this is so long,, oh, I love your project you are a real dyna mo!

18. ReFresh ReStyle says

Thanks for hosting! Your photography is wonderful, and you're the best @ CopyCat! you've inspired me, I'm working on something too! Can't wait to everyone's links!
    Debbie

19. Daniella says

That is awesome!!
    I just recently had words with someone about the same thing. If I use your idea, but do it totally different, it isn't copying!!
    You are right! Yours is similar, but I love how you mad the words fun like you did!! I think you are a genius!
    Have a great week!
    xxDaniella

20. Dawna says

Hi Debbie…linking up to your newbie party one more time :) I am almost at 100 followers…. :) I am so excited about your copycat party coming up. I was busy trying to get some pictures of my project today….see you again soon :)

21. ~Lavender Dreamer~ says

I love how it turned out, too! And you can change it up and do something different later on! Oh…thanks for the compliment, my friend! I don't think you are normal either! We are both super special! HUGS! ♥

22. Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti says

This is a really cute idea, Debbie! My city garden is really small and all I can plant in is flowers pots, so this gives me some fun ideas.:)

23. Shelia says

HI Debbie Dear! I've so missed coming to see you! You are just the most clever one and so cute! I love your version better than the magazines! Love your little cans just a bit skewed!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia 😉

24. The Polka Dot Closet says

Debbie, that is sooo cute, I bet your Mom loves it, You will have to get a picture of the two of you in front of it

Carol

25. camp and cottage living says

Hi I'm only a week old blogger and just joined as a favorite.
    I loved your "copycat". The colors favorites of mine. I can't wait to join the party Friday.
    I'll be back to visit again soon.

26. Sarah says

Debbie, you are really getting crafty on us. This is an impressive project. 😉
    Love the quote! ~ Sarah

27. Kadie says

What a great job!! I LOVE IT. I may have to make something like this. By the way congrats on passing 2000 followers! You are amazing.

28. PⒿ @ $ € € ₦$ ₣®0₥... says

It's absolutely charming, Debbie! And what Mike said about your stubbornness probably being the same as your gram's? DEFINITELY a compliment!!!

29. Jo says

Soooo shweet!…I love this idea!..I've been extremely lazy lately!..I think the
    copy-cat-creations will get me going again.
    ~Jo
    Lazyonloblolly

30. Pattie says

Debbie what a great idea… It's very you… Love it I'm thinking your looks better that the magazine one… REALLY….

Pattie

31. Melissa says

Wow! That turned out amazing, and I love how you added the quote! That was a nice touch to make it your own. Thank you for hosting! I love that you have a party just for newbies! :)

Melissa

32. Judy says

You always come up with the best ideas. I'm apologizing now for not being able to be at your party on Friday. We leave tomorrow for vacation. Your party idea is awesome and I have a few things I would have linked up. Next time for sure. Have a great party.

33. eleven-o-one says

Great addition to your garden. I love it. Can't wait for Friday. thanks for hosting the Newby party.
    fran @ eleven-o-one

34. linda says

omg iam laughing so hard i can just see you moveing the heavey wood .Saying ican do this i can do this like the little train that could i love this it is just the cleverist so sweet and of course i love the saying great job love moma

35. Jenni says

Debbie, you are the best! I love the newbie party. Your project turned out great!!
    Jenni
    kissedbyafrog.blogspot.com

36. Jan@southernjunkin' says

Great!! I've joined your newbie party and it has been a blessing!! I've made new friends and got great ideas! Thanks for hosting and sharing!!

37. Melanie says

Congrats on the magazine! That is so cool and your house is absolutely gorgeous!! And…thanks for hosting the party as usual :)

Melanie