Tween Bedroom makeover!

Never have I had so much fun transforming a room as I have now.
This is a cheap, inexpensive before and after Tween bedroom makeover.
Boys bedroom before and after makeover on a budget using things I already had
I am not sure if it was all my Gramps positive energy floating around,
or that I just truly have fun decorating.
I know for sure it is BOTH!~
Let’s start with the curtains.  Painters tarps, painted and stenciled.  I will give a tutorial soon.
 Mike thought I was crazy…this is his old red wagon, that has been sitting in our garage for years…what a perfect time to dig it out.It is about 40 years old.  And it is serving a purpose…LEGOS!
My husbands old wagon has come in handy for all these legos!
Such a cheap and inexpensive window treatment.
The stenciling was fun.
 Now this was fun.
Once a pine toy chest turned FUNKAY! I bought the trespassing sign and just sanded the heck crap out of it, I wish things could rust overnight, but they can’t to my knowledge.
Tutorial on the chest coming soon.
And yes  some rust too!

And here was Jack when he came home from school today…He is inspecting that everything is there that should be.
I forgot to show you a few other things…

These are my Granfathers gloves from when he was a child..I think this must have been an ashtray, it’s missing the center piece.

Oh and here is Jack’s before bedroom:

THINGS I did for this room makeover:
The bedside light
The burlap curtains
The chest
Brought in the wagon, that was my husbands when he was Jack’s age.
Brought out old time memories and keepsakes of my Dear Grandfather

Comments

1. Olive Cooper says

I love it all, the curtains, trunk and the wagon. I used to put CC's wagon under the Christmas tree with gifts in it. That wagon is a treasure as are the hands.

2. Pattie says

Debbie you keep amazing us.. This is so nice and I'm sure your son loves it… you are quite decorator. love it…

Pattie

3. laxsupermom says

Love all the changes! What a great way to use an old wagon. Love the trespassing sign, too. I always love seeing drop cloth projects. Can't wait for the tutorial.

4. The Decorative Dreamer says

Very cute! I really like the curtains! They are such a great idea. I need to get some of that painters tarp and do something. I didn't know it looked like that!

5. Jemsmom says

Wow!!! What a transformation! That is truly a unique room! I can't tell what my favorite part is! You have outdone yourself!

6. Judy says

I love the curtains. I have one of those red wagons in my garage. I never thought of bringing it in to deal with the Lego situation.

7. Funky Junk Interiors says

Wild applause from the front row here! Debbie! So awesome. I LOVE the vintage touches and how cool that most of them have deep meaning. The lego wagon is the coolest. And yeah.. sanding that sign? You went all out, girl!

Extremely well done. :)

Donna

8. lvroftiques says

It looks great Debbie! I'm looking forward to the tutorial on the drapes. Did Jack love it? That IS a great idea for the leggos!! Vanna

9. OCDesign says

Wow I love love love this room! I have been looking for inspiration for my 10 year old sons room, this is amazing! Thanks for sharing!!!

10. Pamela says

What a fantastic room for Jack!!!
    I love the idea of putting legos in the red wagon…I wish I thought of this!
    My son's are stored in those ugly plastic tubs!
    Pamela :)

11. Victoria says

Wow, that looks amazing! I'm loving that lamp:) How cute that little man took inventory when he got home, had to make sure mom hadn't discarded anything:)

12. Kim @ Savvy Southern Style says

Love it. Great window treatments and paint jobs. Love the old wagon holding his leggos. Yes, you have channeled Donna well.

13. The Polka Dot Closet says

Debbie, what a great job, I love that your son is looking to make sure all is there. I think you meant these are my grandfathers gloves not hands YEWWW LOL!

Carol

14. Ricki Jill Treleaven says

I need to learn about this copycat challenge thing. The room is very cute, and I keep reading about the copycat challenge throughout blogland……

15. NanaDiana says

Great job, Debbie. My favorite part is probably the RadioFlyer wagon. I love it…and those hands are amazing. I immediately thought they would look cute cradling an old baseball or something. How wonderful that you even have them. Nice work, kiddo! Hugs-Diana

16. Jo says

WOW!…great look,just perfect for Jack, and using your Grandpa's keepsakes and husbands childhood wagon..PRICELESS!
    You always WOW us.
    ~Jo
    LazyonLoblolly

17. Carrie @ Dittle Dattle says

You're amazing Debbie! Looks like you have so much fun getting into trouble…. I mean decorating your son's room (while he's not home)! I think he has the cutest (I mean COOLEST) lego holder of all time!

18. Karen says

I have girls and never thought much about decorating boys rooms. You did a fantastic job. I love the wagon, its a really cool room for a boy.

19. Martina says

Debbie you did an amazing job on Jacks room,everything turned out terrific.Love the curtains that's going to be one of my next projects.Great job as always. Martina

20. Shelia says

Woo Hooness, Debbie Dear! Jack's room looks great! More grown up but hip! How cute to see him 'checking'! :)
    You're so good.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

21. Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria says

No wonder I love ya girl..Look at all the wonderful talent you have..I really love the bronze gloves..I did that to my oldest daughters baby shoes 50 years ago, and how special to have hubs wagon for Jack's room..I really love it girl..PLEASE send me a bottle of your energy ha ha!! Love ya my Dear daughter..come by and see my Baptismal font I know you will love it Debbie..Hugs and smiles Gloria

22. Holly says

I'm feeling all "swoony" looking at that room. I'm supposed to be heading to work right now but found your blog and am having a difficult time tearing myself away. Just love that room and your house tour. I'll check back later. Have a great day!

23. Gail says

Oh Debbie what an amazing transformation! I love how you incorporated the wagon in his room….priceless! Thanks for sharing and your inspiration on anything goes!

Enjoy this wonderful day,
    Gail

24. Something Nice and Pretty says

What a neat room, any boy would just love it Debbie…love how you took your grandfather's objects and used them as a part of Jack's room. The curtains are unbelieveable, I bet Pottery Barn is zoning in on them!

Rondell

25. Laurel says

Wow…the rest of the room looks great too! LOVE the idea to put the Legos in the wagon, very clever! We have a "few" Legos at our house too :) Laurel

26. Kelly says

Hello! This is a great transformation. The red wagon is such a nice touch, and how sweet that you have your Gramps' gloves! Love it all. Thanks again also for hosting the Newbie Party!

Kelly

27. Bill says

It looks great, Debbie! I think Granfather's gloves might just be my favorite part. We've all seen bronzed baby shoes, but those gloves are very special!

Hope you have a happy Valentine's Day!

Bill

28. ~Tablescapes By Diane~ says

Hi lovely lady.
    I need to know the Vitamin you are taking I NEED SOME !!! Your Bedroom makeover for your son is Great Debbie ~~~ Thanks so much for your lovely comments on my Valentine's Day Tablescape xxoo
    Diane

29. ⚜ ↁℯℬℬᴵℰ⚜ says

Thank you everyone for your kind words. Jack does love his room, he really feels like a big kid now. Of course his older brother wants these tarps too…so I have to get busy and figure out what I will do for big bros room. Thanks again…XO

30. Dear Sweet Home says

I love it – especially the wagon! I know your little guy is proud to have his friends over to that cool space!

31. The Hopeless Romantic says

The room looks awesome Debbie! Im sure he love it……I may just copy this drop cloth idea. I need something creative over my closet door. Thanks for the inspiration!….Bonnie

32. Sue says

Boy, what a fun room for Jack! Love all the little touches like the lamp, the chest, the curtains… Thinking outside the box can be a thought provoking challenge but you succeeded. :-) Love the bronzed gloves!

33. cleanfreak says

Yet another gem! I linked it to my FB as my friend Vera Loves it too. Now get to work on the other room as warm days are ahead and you will want to be out on that water soon! Plus I am excited to see more.

34. Gypsy Heart says

LOVE it! Can't wait to see how you did the curtains. Your creativity should be in pill form…I'd love a few.

Pat