Stencil project diy art work

Hello there!
diy kitchen art work
I am no Picasso here….
But I can stencil.
Today I am sharing a diy Stencil kitchen art work craft anyone can do.
Come with me and I will show you the way.

First take a trip to the Hobby shop.
I love Hobby Lobby, but I also love Michaels, Joanne fabrics, Walmart
really
wherever you can find craft supplies.

I actually painted the paper a rustic gold color with craft paint.
Once dry I lightly sand papered it for that rustic distressed look.
The paper I used is actually more of a cardstock thickness.  That as well you can find at the hobby or craft shops.

I then stenciled with the cute recipe, this came as a sheet with this recipe.
The recipe stencil came from hobby lobby and I have since used this a thousand times over. For Tea towels, crafts and more.
It actually is a running joke now in the family.
 The fact  that the recipe makes no sense partly attributes to the joke.

As you can see I also painted the wood, with red and green and then sanded the frame as well.
Again, only with craft paint found just about everywhere now.

I added the wooden spoons just for a little something.  Those just rest on the frame.

It really makes a cute art attraction in the kitchen.

This project cost me $12.00! and I enjoyed every bit of it.

Country-kitchen-makeover-using-colorful-budget-decor_02-418x640

If you are not a regular I sure would love to see you back again.
XO
You can check out my 100+ Gallery of ideas

Comments

1. laxsupermom says

Cute project! Perfect for your kitchen. I especially love how you displayed the wooden spoons on the edge of the frame for a bit more texture. Thanks for sharing.

2. My Big Secret Blog :) says

Wow. I really like the Pampered Chef touch. :) Whoever cooks for me will stay pampered!!! :D

This was fun!

3. 1 Funky Woman says

This is darling and I love the colors you used. I also love the color of your table. Did you do that?

Megan

4. Maxine says

First, let me say hello, second, let me say I love Hobby Lobby, it is the most exciting store in the World for me!! Do you know about signing up to get their e-mails, so you get a coupon every week for 40% off one single item, that is not on sale!! Third your Project is awesome, 4th I wish we were neighbours!! Keep up the great Blogging you were born to blogg!!! Go Girl!!

5. Rebecca@This Present Life says

Super cute! When I think of stencils, I think of 80's ivy stencils…I guess I need to take a trip down the stencil aisle at HL because your sign is adorable! Love it!

6. Here On Crow Creek says

I love that project Debbie! I went to HL today to. I bought me some materials and some stencils and other stuff. I am going to blog about it later:0)

7. Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal says

That is such a cute idea! Was that all one stencil or just letters and you made your own recipe? The frame came out great too. Love the colors

8. Hope Filled Living says

OK Debbie!
    Is there no end to your creativity????????
    How can I get a dose of your energy?
    Absolutely lovin' all the new stuff on your blog and new things you are doing.
    Please stop in and see me sometime.
    Hugs. lol.
    Mary

9. Rachel Murphy says

So cute. I am going to have to that one for sure. I love all the things you come up with.

What a great house warming gift!

10. At The Picket Fence says

The stencil queen strikes again!LOL! I love that Debbie! So creative and fun and just perfect sitting on the counter. That would make a really neat gift too…maybe packed up with a kitchen towel and some fun olive oils and things. You are awesome!
    Vanessa

11. Crystal @ Ordinary Days says

Debbie,
    This is great! I love it!! I would have never thought of that. Love the colors and sanding.
    ~Crystal

12. SavannahGranny says

Debbie, This is such a neat project. I love the linen like texture to the paper. Looks like burlap. Thanks for sharing, Ginger

13. Victoria says

Ohhhh schnikey, this is gorgeous!!! I love it! How did you come up with that paper technique? We don't have Hobby Lobby here, sniffle sniffle:( Maybe you should open an Etsy shop! This would be awesome to do with a wine label background also (hint hint).

14. NanaDiana says

Cute idea, Debbie. You did a great job…but…but…aren't you missing a couple of ingredients? How did the recipe turn out?;>) xxoo Diana

15. marty (A Stroll Thru Life) says

This is so pretty and so creative. I love it. I need to go look at all the stencil patterns. I love it frames. Hugs, Marty

16. liz@alittlepeaceofhome says

what a darling project! it's perfect in your kitchen! i just love hob lob…don't think i've ever left there empty handed!

17. Chrissy says

Wow who would have thought of that technique, why Debbbiedoo would :) It looks great and very creative as usual. Thanks for your inspiration.

18. Blondie's Journal says

This is SO cute, Debbie. I never would have thought of a project like this! You did a fantastic job! :-)

XO,
    Jane

19. Susan (My Place to Yours) says

Being happy with your final result is the best part of the project! I'm glad you shared it with us. Stop by if you get a chance. I just posted the BEST tablescape ever!

20. Betsy says

Wow, think of the possibilities with all those letter stencils. You did such a great job with the painting technique, fresh and original;-)

21. AshTreeCottage says

Very cute project Debbie! I had to swear off stenciling because I was becoming obsessed. If I fall off the wagon, I'll blame you!!

Lots of love,
    Susan and Bentley
    xxoo

22. Velvet Over Steel says

Oh that is Cute, Debbie!! Love the completed look with the spoons too!

You give us all such creative and sometimes even easy ideas for us not so confident crafters. :-)

Have a Great Friday & weekend!!
    Hugs,
    Coreen xoxoxo

23. The Polka Dot Closet says

Debbie, I have not done much stenciling…Hard to believe! Did you do it letter by letter stencils or did you print it all out and then cut out all the letters and stencil? Love it!

Carol

24. ☞ ⒶⓃⓃⒺ ☜ says

I consider it a good week if I can get to Hobby Lobby…then this week is a great week – 2 trips to HL!!!

Love your sign…so rustic and fun! Great job!

25. ⚜ ↁℯℬℬᴵℰ⚜ says

Thanks everyone. This was a one sheet stencil that had this entire recipe on it. I used a roller to stencil it on the paper, it was neat and easy.

26. Kristin says

Thanks for the encouraging comment on my train themed bedroom post … and for the new follow too – it made my day! I had to click follow here – you have a great blog!!

27. Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria says

Good Morning my sweet young friend..now girl I don't know what excited me more the picture you made or seeing bages from Hobby Lobby..I have wanted to go to one of there stores for 4 years..we just got one in Calif last year YIPPEE!! but its 200 miles from me..Love what you did girl and I really hope to see you with your own show one day and I cansay I knew you when…Hugs and smies Gloria

28. At The Picket Fence says

Hello lovely friend! Just comin' back over to say thanks for linking this up to the Inspiration Friday party this week! Be sure to come back today to enter to win a $25 Overstock.com gift card!
    Have a great weekend,
    Vanessa

29. It's a Wannabe Decorator's Life says

Debbie, that is too cute!! I can't believe you did that! You should make more and sell them on etsy! good job!

30. Ms. Bake-it says

How cute! I love this idea! The wooden spoons added the perfect final touch! You make us see stenciling in a whole new way!

~ Tracy

31. Linda @ A La Carte says

Debbie I saw this and thought I left a comment but guess I didn't! I love it and what a fabulous job you did for little money! Girl you just keep getting better in your craftiness! Thanks for joining JFF. Hugs, Linda

32. Momma G.. says

I LOVE THIS PROJECT!!!! I'm headed to HL in the morning so I'm going to see what I can come up with following your inspiration!
    Thanks for sharing…

33. ★Mumsy★ says

You're full of creative ideas, Debbie! This turned out fantastic..

I've just read about Beatrice, but when I click on the comment, blogger said can't find the blog! :-( I swear I saw Beatrice in many different outfits too..

34. Honey at 2805 says

What a super cute project! You must have a lot more hours in the day than I do or taking Super Vitamins. You create so many fab projects!

35. Courtney ~ French Country Cottage says

How absolutely darling Debbie! Love it! Such a sweet idea and would make a fantastic gift too. Love the spoons for the added touch! Thanks for sharing at my party! :)

36. Terri Weston says

How creative, adorable and you can say I made it myself. Never would have thought to stencil a recipe.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog and I am your newest follower.