Photography fun!

A lot of you gals have noticed a big difference in my photo taking quality.  I appreciate that so much, because I truly have been trying to get better.  So the fact, that you notice, means the world to me. Practice, practice, practice!

Tracy from Trinkets and treasures was having another photo challenge.  Sunday was absolutely gorgeous here in the Carolina’s.
Took my camera and started playing.
 You can faintly see my husband in the woods gathering some firewood.
 Spring is right around the corner, according to my dogwood tree.
 I was trying to spy some birds, I was hearing them, but did not see any!

Had the outdoor fire going today!
Apparently when I was down on the ground, I had a bit of plumbers crack going on…according to my 13 year old! Now that is what I call serious photography!

Thanks again Tracy for the challenge.  I really enjoyed it!
What I have had more fun playing with on my new camera is the ZOOM!!~ I love to get as close as I can, and get just the right focus..I love the focal point, and then the background just a tad fuzzy.

I hope you newbies are enjoying all the tips and tricks, the parties, and the coffee chats.  Please let me know if you have more questions.  Refer to my tutorials and coffee chats under my header.

GALS, another reminder, and it is driving me NUTS!
Turn off Word verification. I visit so many blogs a day, and this really slows me down!!~ And believe me, you are losing comments by having this on your blog.
The newbie linky party was a HUGE hit.  This will be a weekly party over at Debbiedoo’s blogging and blabbing.
See you on MONDAY’s!

Under your settings…choose comments…

Note: Selecting “Hide” does not delete existing comments – You can show them at any time by re-selecting “Show”.

The embedded comment form can not be used if you have Post Pages disabled.
Backlinks enable you to keep track of other pages on the web that link to your posts. Learn more
Note: Selecting “Hide” does not delete backlinks – You can show them at any time by re-selecting “Show”.

You can use some HTML tags, such as <b>, <i>, <a>

Review comments before they are published. A link will appear on your dashboard when there are comments to review. Learn more

We will email you at this address when a non-member leaves a comment on your blog. Leave blank if you don’t want to receive these emails.

This will require people leaving comments on your blog to complete a word verification step, which will help reduce comment spam. Learn more

Blog authors will not see word verification for comments.

Choose from contacts

You can enter up to ten email addresses, separated by commas. We will email these addresses when someone leaves a comment on your blog.

Look at the options…choose NO, hit save, and you are done.
Thank you…..
Love ya!

Also joining
Judy for her winter blues Wednesday party

Comments

1. Erika . . . with a K says

Yay, I really enjoyed the newbie party and cant wait for next week. I found a ton of new blogs to read!

2. My Big Secret Blog :) says

Your shots are incredible! I love the focus with the blur in the background and the colors. :) Great job, Deb!

3. Linda says

Beautiful photos, Debbie! Love the pinecones…I saw where you commented on Kris's blog, Simplify, that you would like to take an online class. The one I am taking is at http://www.ed2go.com
    Our school district goes through this as do many others throughout the US, but you can sign up independently, too. There are many classes, I am taking Secrets of Better Photography under the Personal Development courses. I've learned a LOT about what's on my camera and taking good photos, and you can do it on your own schedule…

4. Judy says

Your newbie party was a huge hit. I went and visited many and found wonderful new blogs out there. Thanks so much for sharing.

5. Maria@BubblegumandDuctTape says

those are cool pics, I'll have to try that technique.

I'll have to go check out the other posts on tips…love my camera too.

6. Designs on 47th Street says

Such great pictures, Debbie! Go You! :) I definitely need to read your hints. Love your outdoor firepit. It is so nice to be able to find new bloggers through you. And I so agree about the word verification feature… :(

Donna

7. Sherry@Back2Vintage says

Thanks for hosting the newbie party yesterday! I found several new blogs, and they found me!!!!
    Great photos…love the pine cone!
    Sherry

8. Melanie says

Hi, Debbie~
    You took some great pictures! I really like your outdoor fireplace. Yes, practice is the best way to learn! :)

9. Tracy's Trinkets and Treasures/Treasured Moments says

What terrific photos. I love your fuzzy husband in the background. Well I don't really love your husband, but I love that he is fuzzy in your background. I am sure he is quite lovable though. I am so fond of pine cones. I wish we had a forest full of them. We are lucky to find a grouping of trees in my neck of the not so woods part of America. Thanks for linking. You gave me a good idea for the next them. How to get the fuzzy background. Do you have an slr camera?

10. Gail says

Debbie, your pictures are beautiful! I love the pinecones. I need a whole lot of practice with my picture taking.

Have a wonderful evening,
    Gail

11. Vicki says

Loving the pine cone shots! I agree about the word verification…it takes way too long. I would visit more blogs if people turned this feature off.

12. The Polka Dot Closet says

Love your photos, they look professional, Do me a favor though…The next time your husband is in the back ground, could you try not to fuzz him out !!LOL

Carol

13. NanaDiana says

Great photos, Debbie! REALLY GREAT! And, thank you for telling people to turn off word verification. That is the most annoying thing in the world…especially when it pops back up a second time. Sometimes I reply, think I am done, hit send and just as I click off the blog I notice that the word verifier popped up. I seldom go back to retype a response.

ah…butt cleavage? It's a good think you didn't have a low cut top on or your hubby wouldn't have known where to look..;>) Diana

14. Judy says

Your photos are really beautiful. Really stunning. Thank you so much for linking up to my party. I really appreciate it.

15. Gina says

Wow! Your photos are stunning! I love the first one with your husband blurred in the background.

Thanks for the newbie party…I've met so many new friends.

16. Terry @ La Bella Vie says

Ok so you are really getting good at this photgraphy thing you know! I love the Pinecone shots that (as you mentioned) are fuzzy in the background and yet the subkect matter is clear as a bell. Nicely done! You know some of those are frame worthy!
    Oh and yes, I couldn't agree with you more about word verification, its so frustrating and really isn't needed at all.
    Ok, now if you could teach a "Bloggers tutorial" party that would be fantastic! I have yet to figure out how to get bigger pictures like you have as well as change my Banner…I think I need to get rid of the background first…anyway, Ok so call me Prattel Puss!
    Take care and great job Debbie!
    Terry

17. Angela McInnis says

Ok, the newbie party was just the most fun!! Several of my friends were encouraged to link up for the first time and they also had a great time. Debbie, THANK YOU for hosting…it means more than you know for somebody to help us along. I gained followers and have worked non-stop on answering my comments with emails! I truly appreciate your kindness.
    Love, Angela

18. Kim @ Savvy Southern Style says

Debbie, great shots. I wish the sun would come back out here. I should have taken some shots this weekend when it was pretty.

19. Honey at 2805 says

Wow! Your macro shots are terrific! I am at Tracy's part too, but still have a lot to learn. Hope you will take a look.

20. Kris says

GREAT shots Debbie! I am taking a class now. I am so excited about it. Doesn't that word verification thingy drive you bonkers!!!

21. Velvet Over Steel says

Glad you're having fun with your new camera!! It did look beautiful last weekend. I was here on Satuday and now we are in a blizzard! Crazy weather! Hoping to get another 'snow day' tomorrow… just the sound of the wind outside makes me Cold!!

Hope your safe and warm, Debbie!!
    Hugs,
    Coreen

22. Lisa says

AMAZING PHOTOS! Great Job Debbie. One thing about the word verification. I HATE it too and had mine turned off for a long time until I started getting all kinds of spam comments that I had to go back and delete. It forced me to put the word verification on. Doesn't anyone else have this problem?

23. My Blessed Serendipity Life says

Your pictures are really nice. You are quite the talented photographer. I hate word verification too. You know what drives me REALLY nuts is when blogs have word verification and THEN it needs to have blog owner approval. Arrrgh!

Danielle

24. linda says

love the photos so pretty you are getting real good at this ,Wish i was looking at the blue skys you have we are waiteing for the big storm bo ho.well its nice to see there is a sky so pretty:)

25. Carmen @ Life with Sprinkles on Top says

I love your outdoor fireplace. I'd love to have one. Your photos are awesome. Great job! Thanks for hosting the newbie party. I am over 100 followers now! :)

26. Designs By Pinky says

I don't know what the "newby party" is???? Anyway, I love your pictures, GREAT shots!!! I am trying to learn how to take better pictures! XO, Pinky

27. Grannys Attic says

Great job on the photo's. My wish is to have a new camera someday! The newbie party has been great, can't wait till next week. Thanks so much for hosting. Blessings, Vicky

28. Victoria says

Plumbers crack, that's hilarious! My camera is getting a bit on the old side, I think I got it 5 or 6 years ago. I've tried and tried to focus my pics without the flash on indoors but no can do. Yours really do look great:)

29. Becca says

Beautiful pics, Debbie! The first is my favorite (with your "blurred" hubby in the background). I, too, am getting more and more fascinated by photography! FUN! (And, thanks again for the tip about creating the navi bar and button!) Hugs, Becca

30. Home of 6 says

Awesome photos.and yes it was beautiful here in NC on sunday. Amazing how badly it makes us all want spring right?
    thanks for sharing,
    tammy

31. Something Nice and Pretty says

Hi Debbie! Went to comments setting and did the same as yours, some were ok but some I needed to change!
    I have the same type of hair… fine but alot of it, I also take a vitamin for my hair, Biotin, my hairdresser said she has noticed a difference in my hair:)
    Aren't you a cutie in your short skirt, I still wear them BUT only with tights and boots!!!
    PS. I'm almost finished with my china cabinet, thank goodness!

32. Jo says

Whoa!…YIKES!,plumbers crack!..I hate when that happens,hehehe.

Debbie, I really enjoyed the "newbie partay", you are awesome host, and you are so sweet to take the time to comment on our blogs.
    Love these photo's.The OUTDOOR shots are incredible,you can take a shot of a pinecone,branch or outdoor fire and make it so interesting and fun!..have you ever linked up on the "OUTDOOR WEDNESDAY" party @ A Southern Day Dreamer???
    ~Jo
    LazyonLoblolly

33. Sherry says

Oh,Debbie I love your outdoor fireplace. That looks amazing. Really great macro photography that ahemm…concentration on the ground was paying off. LOL