Funky junk with the Doo’s twist, and Newbie partay still going on!

I just adore Donna’s style from Funky junk interiors!
For the life of me, I could not imagine I could participate in her challenge this week.
Well let me tell you…I have been one busy bee Donna!
I only have a portion to share with you tonight, but was pretty excited to do so.
My Gramps was a pretty funky guy, and he liked his junk!
And guess who got most of it:):)
He had a thing for bill folds, flashlights, paper clips, radios etc.
He was pretty quirky actually.
I am redoing Jack’s room, and Jack was named after my Grandfather, so I have incorporated some of his personal belongings.
Today I found this light at Walmart marked down..I grabbed it thinking I could come up with something..let me first show you all the little special vignettes all of my Gramps.

A very old bill fold he had, still with the singles he kept in it
 He was a HUGE Knights of Columbus guy and he certainly took pride in that
 One of his many flashlights???
 His old radio that he listened to everyday…ALL day!

Like the light I made?…painted and distressed it, and added Jack’s Initial, and of course my Grandfathers…and of course J for JUNK!

This is what the original looked like.
So that is all I have for now…I have more to come..thanks Donna, this sure was a challenge, but a very fun one indeed!
Joining the copy cat challenge, with my own twist, but incorporating Donna! XO
Joining DIY
 Marty for her table top Tuesday
Coastal charm

Copy Me Challenge

Please share me

Comments

1. Designs on 47th Street says

Debbie, you are brilliant! That is the coolest way to turn a flashlight and a lamp into a great conversation piece. What an awesome way for Jack to remember his great grandfather! Love that old radio…love it all. You have done a great job using his memories nicely in your son's room. (did I say I love it??)

Donna (not the Donna you are referring too… lol!)

2. Pamela says

Great memories for your son Jack! I love perserving history and passing it on! Great way to decorate a boys room!
    Pamela :)

3. Liz says

Adorable, Debbie! You always think out of the box, you're BRILLIANT! =)

Thanks for stopping by and for the nice comment on my living room post! =) XOXO ~Liz

4. Tracy's Trinkets and Treasures/Treasured Moments says

You did good. And it is all personal treasures to boot. Love your J lamp.

5. Shelia says

Debbie Dear, you are truly the most clever little one! That lamp looks awesome and how fun to find out some about your granddaddy! I'm sure little Jack will love this.
    Now you slow down…you make me tired! :)
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia 😉

6. Grannys Attic says

Looks great Debbie. I know Jack will cherish this forever. Great buy on the lamp. Have a great day, Vicky

7. Sherry says

You did a great job on that Debbie. Has the perfect salvaged vintage look and I love that it is a tribute. Just wonderful!
    Sherry

8. Martina says

Hey Debbie what a GREAT post! Love how the lamp turned out and I love how your incorporating all of your grandfathers mementos in Jacks new room. What a great way to pass these special things on. Martina

PS_ Thanks for all your help I think I figured it out!!

9. Farmer's Wyfe says

Oh, that is fantastic! I love it!! So sweet that you have your grandfather's things and you named your son after him. How special!

10. NanaDiana says

I love that you kept your granddad's old wallet with his singles still in it. It looks like he loved it well. And, his old radio too!

The lamp makeover is great. Nice job, Debbie…not bad at all for a new "junker". Hugs-Diana

11. Rachel Murphy says

Debbie that looks so great. What a way to pass on to your son part of your grandfathers legacy. Who he was and things that were part of him. I have said it many times but I must say it again… You are so TALENTED!

12. Charlene says

What a great way to incoporate family history! I'd be afraid to try that in my house though, my boys would destroy it in a matter of minutes.

13. Frenchy says

Oh i love this Debbie ! SO cool and so precious ! Cherish them…i don't have anything like that…Hopefully i will get some the next time i go to Paris.
    Love ya !

14. The Polka Dot Closet says

the picture of grandpa in his uniform infront of Walgreens, too cute! That is really sweet of you to do that for your son. Girl you have turned into the crafting queen!

Carol

15. Sherry @ No Minimalist Here says

Hi Debbie, How wonderful you have these things that belonged to your grandfather and that you incorporated them into your home. Your vignette looks wonderful.
    xo,
    Sherry

16. Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door says

Good job, Debbie! I agree you captured her style with your own twist! You grandfather's things are such a precious keepsake.

17. SavannahGranny says

Debbie, Such a beautiful tribute to your grandpa. It is so neat that Jack gets to know this gentleman through these keepsakes. Hugs, Ginger

18. Gail says

Oh Debbie, you did indeed do a funky junk with your own twist. I love all your grandfathers treasures that you used to create this sweet vignette. It looks fabulous!

Enjoy your day,
    Gail

19. Laurel says

Love everything about this…the pictures, the wallet with the bills still in it, very special! And your lamp is too cool…hope your son loves his "funky" space :)
    Laurel@chippingwithcharm

20. linda says

oh i can just hear Grandpa saying look what the Do did .I bet Jack loves it and also learning about what a wonderful honorable man Grandpa was .Remember how he use to ask Angela to bring home rubber bands lol and oh how he loved his pens .He was truely a one of a kind guy and dearly missed but always and forever in our hearts.Great job Deb:)

21. tickled. says

Your grandfather's things are amazing! So cool that you have so many of them! And even better that you can incorporate them into your son's 'new' room! Can't wait to see how the rest turns out! :)

~Lauren
    tickledonline.blogspot.com

22. Pattie says

Debbie, this is so cute, I have some much stuff for my mom and dad like the stuff you have Who would have ever guessed that it would come out of a box and be used for decorating… Still working on my guest room/office and soon it will have many thing in it like this. WAY COOL.

Pattie

23. Denise says

Awww, what a great idea to incorporate some of Grandpa's memorabilia in to the room. I wish I had 'old stuff' from England to use in my home, but I don't :-/

24. Jo says

Seems like we are all looking back, at some wonderful memories, we are blessed, this is too cool, that you have your grandpa's things and have been able to save and enjoy with your boys.
    ~Jo
    LazyonLoblolly

25. Victoria says

My grandpa's name was Jack also! I didn't really know him very well cuz we left the mother land when I was only 8. That lamp looks amazing! That's a nice way to pass your grandpa's memory onto your boys too:)

26. Teri says

How fun! I love what you did with your grandpa's things..and the light you distressed looks terrific! I too am a fan of FJI! Have a great day! :)

27. Velvet Over Steel says

How cool to decorate his room with not only his great-grandpa's stuff but also his name sake!!! Love what you used and came up with using the 'bargin' lamp too! Awesome so say the least!!!

28. marty (A Stroll Thru Life) says

Oh I love this. What a fabulous way to do his room. So special to have such wonderful memories and heirlooms. I know he loves it. Love the lamp too. Perfect. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

29. Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal says

The lamp you put together turned out great. How wonderful that you have his old radio. I remember those around our house. What great memories to now share with your son.