Diy painted and stenciled bar stools

DIY  Painted and Stenciled bar stools for the Kitchen.
Did you guess yet?
Yes, A rooster.
Sometimes the simplest thing can be an inspiration, without even realizing it.
As these once black stools, then painted raspberry red, sat in my garage.
That trip to HOBBY LOBBY had done my brain some good.
As you can see I simply taped the stools
three pieces across
7 pieces down.
I then took my craft paint and randomly painted the squares.
Once that dried.
I took my rooster stencil and stenciled over the squares on the far right, or left hand side.
Much to my husbands surprise, I guess, I came up with something pretty good! Mike does know I am creative, and I can come up with some good stuff…he also worries first what it will cost him and second, what I am cluttering up.
Country rustic kitchen
I am pretty tickled with the end result.

Thanks for stopping by today.
If you like stenciling projects
Check out
My

gallery of Stencil ideas

Comments

1. Victoria says

And this from the girl who not that long ago said "I'm not very crafty"!!! If my MIL saw those she would steal them!

2. Liz says

How adorable, Debbie….you did a great job!! Very creative…wish I had the guts to paint some of my furniture. XOXO ~Liz

3. Kim @ Savvy Southern Style says

Debbie, those are cute. You have more patience than me doing that taping. What made the rooster? A stencil?

4. Gail says

Hi Debbie,

I love all things roosters and this is just adorable! You did an awesome job. I have over the years change up my decor and my roosters always seem to come back too. Thanks for sharing and for your inspiration.

Enjoy your day,
    Gail

5. Jo says

The bar stools look good.
    I think the roosters always come home to roost…and we're glad they did.
    ~I love painted furniture too, I've posted a re-do on my blog a few weeks ago.
    Jo
    LazyonLoblolly

6. Vanessa@Southern In My Heart says

So super cute Debbie! They really just add so much charm to your already charming kitchen. I also wanted to tell you once again how great I think you are for doing the new blogger features and all of the helpful hints for those just starting out. I could have used that when I started, thats for sure! :-)
    Vanessa

7. Designs on 47th Street says

Cute as can be Debbie! I love them AND your rooster. I'm in the mood to be creative in ways OTHER than silk floral ~~~~
    ~Donna

8. Ms. Bake-it says

I love them Debbie! I also like how you skipped some squares. You have just given me an idea! Unfortunately, I will have to wait a while before I attempt it – too many other things on the list ahead of it. When I do, I will definitely post about it!

~ Tracy

9. The Decorative Dreamer says

Debbie that is so cute! And I must say you did an excellent job! I love that you did the colors different and with different size squares. They look fantastic along with the other Roosters that I noticed you brought back into the kitchen!

10. ourlifeinaclick.blogspot.com says

Debbie they look fabulous! I love your creativity! That must have been a fun project and very satisfying to complete. Love it!

11. Pam says

Very cute. I like the skipping squares idea. Mike should be getting scared about now. Who knows what else you'll paint.

BTW, is that a laundry/mud room off your kitchen that I spied in that one photo. I thought I could see a utility sink in there (not that I'm a stalker or anything). I'm on the lookout for a good solution to hiding my ugly "slop" sink and I thought you might have one.

12. Eileen @ My Evergreen Place says

They came out amazing! I like the way the squares are not uniform in shape. It gives it a more artistic appeal.

13. The Garden Bell says

Perfect… but you must get out of the house. You must be running low on paint. These turned out very nicely and are perfect and oh, so modern and up-to-date looking.

14. Val says

I LOVE THEM…I'm a rooster kinda gal and so glad to see someone else love them still too. In a world of all white…I LOVE THIS A LOT!!!!!

15. Gypsy Heart says

Wow, these are adorable! I love the skipping squares…the randomness is unique. Did you paint the rooster on them too? You are continually amazing us, girl!

Pat

16. Chrissy says

I am loving the French Country look of those stools. I thought you were going to paint them white? It is just nice to have something bright and shiny sometimes, you can always dull it down later, if you want to.
    Looks great, keep painting.

17. SavannahGranny says

I love the stools. Great way to change it up. Were the roosters stencils? Thanks for all you do for us newbies. Hugs, Ginger

18. NanaDiana says

Hey- Guess what!?! With kids around they will get a rustic used look in no time at all…enjoy the "new" while you can. Those are darling. I love them. I always think of you and Kim (Savvy SStyle) when I see roosters now. Just think…you can sit on those roosters and EAT chicken. Imagine that! Hugs- Diana

19. My Big Secret Blog :) says

Deb!! I love the look! I can't believe you painted to roosters even?!! This is really COOL stuff!

20. Nichol says

Oh they turned out wonderful. I wish I was as creative as you. Right now, I'm picturing my kitchen which we are remodeling next(I think and hope). You did awesome:)

21. ☞ ⒶⓃⓃⒺ ☜ says

Love your stools…and especially the roosters!!! I'm a big rooster fan too, and have them here and there in my kitchen! Unfortunately, my hubby isn't a fan of my "beeg freekin' cheekins"…as he would say!

22. Jane says

How fun are those?? You did an awesome job. I love the colors and the addition of the rooster made them perfect.
    Jane

23. Shelia says

Oh, Debbie Dear, your little stools look marvelous! And Roosters! Yay! You are the most creative one and how very very cute! Love them.
    You're so good!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

24. The Polka Dot Closet says

Debbie you are a real crafter! That is so out of the box wonderful!..So, what did hunky boy think when you finished!! I bet he was pretty darn impressed!

Carol

25. Velvet Over Steel says

Yes, they did turn out Great! I've done the 'check' pattern before, but never thought about adding something else/image to the design. Very creative, Debbie!! :-)

26. Honey at 2805 says

Have you ever been crowned Queen of the Creative or Ms. Great Ideas. You could win both titles if you just grabbed for them.

Keep your ideas a'coming!

27. Lesha says

How cute they are!! I was looking around for some inspiration for a cabinet I have to paint and you have just inspired me!

28. Vicki says

I love these! They turned out great. Love the idea of a little sanding so they are not so perfect. I learned to love Roosters the past few years when we moved into a town with chickens and roosters roaming the streets (hence the blog name). Now, I'm one of those crazy rooster ladies always searching HL, thrift stores, etc. looking for rooster themed stuff. I need a 12 step program!

29. marty (A Stroll Thru Life) says

They look fabulous. I love them and the roosters are just perfect. I even liked the look of them with just the tape. lol I'm easy. Hugs, Marty

30. ~Kori~ says

CUTE! I have the same stools (brown) and thought about painting them a few weeks ago and decided against it.

Now I think I may revisit that decision!

31. Linda says

Debbie~ these really turned out fabulous…it may be my favorite project that you've soon! Very creative and original!!

32. Vanessa@Southern In My Heart says

Hey my fellow "sneaker outer"! Just coming back by to say thanks so much for linking up to the party this week! :-)
    Vanessa

33. Carrie @ Dittle Dattle says

Aren't you the coolest most clever gal in bloggy land!?!?! I love it Debbie. Thanks for adding my blog to your sidebar. I will adding your to mine too.

34. MMB Creations says

My husband says he is afraid to eat chicken in our breakfast room because 54 chickens are looking at him. I am trying real hard to cut back, but I may have to try these. I love them.

35. Petie@inspirednesting.com says

Your stools look awesome! I painted those same kitchen stools a few months ago, but did the number stencil thing. Love the check pattern with the rooster, very clever ;)

36. Simply Debbie says

My Dear Debbiedoos
    those stools
    are a real cockledoodoo…wink…rolling eyes…giggling
    you did an awesome job…I'LL TAKE THE WHOLE KITCHEN
    I AM DEFINITELY COMING BACK TO READ YOUR WHOLE BLOG TOMORROW,
    SO PLEASED TO MEET YOU
    HAVE A SUGAR SWEET DAY
    SIMPLY DEBBIE

37. Sarah says

Debbie, these are terrific! You know I adore roosters, but love your idea of the random blocks of color ~ very creative touch! These are some of the cutest bar stools I've seen. Hope those guys take good care of these. ;-)
    ~ Sarah

38. Designs By Pinky says

I love that you skipped some of the squares, that really makes it unique! How did you do the rooster though???? I ahve nevr painted a piece of furniture….can you believe that? I am totally loving RED all of a sudden. Thinking of changing my kitchen, have had palm tree things in there for several years. BUT, if I do that I ahve GOT to get rid of the palm tree stuff, we are getting squeezed out of here:):) XO, Pinky