Carolina Country rustic home tour

This is a home tour post from 2010. There have been a few decor changes since.
 And here is our story…..

We never stepped foot in our home until the day we closed on it.  We had only looked through the windows, and saw the interior home layout on paper.  I knew from the minute I stepped on the front porch, this was HOME.   Although a new built home, there where things we have done to make it unique to our style and what we love.  You will see our style is somewhat unique. We have spent years acquiring just the right pieces, for just the right places.   We entertain often and  have out of town house guests often.  I enjoy nothing more than staying home and enjoying quality time, and creating a warm loving environment for my boys to treasure for years to come.

Welcome…….

Family room

When you enter our home the first room you see is our family room.  We love old World style, I would say with a modern twist.  I love it when you do not know what is old and what is new.  Our pieces have meaning and lots of history.  We have enjoyed our hobby together of antiquing and thrifting.

I decided I would bake you some cookies, and have proudly displayed them on my home made tier platter

Two plastic plates and a plastic martini glass

place glass upside down with glue around the rim

stick on plate upside down

add a smaller plate, glue on top of bottom of glass place on top.

DONE.

Our kitchen is always undergoing accessory changes.  This season I have incorporated Blues and yellows.  Every room of our home has the same color schemes, however reversed.  I am always borrowing from one room to the other and switching things up for a new look….

I just added a little copper to the kitchen as well.  I have no problem mixing brushed silver and copper, golds, blacks….If I like it I say it works….there is my little home made wine cork trivet, you may view the tutorial here……

There is a little snippet of my modge podge project behind the sink you may also view the tutorial here…….

From the kitchen it is open to our family room, and this is where most of our square footage is in our home.  Some think our home is much bigger than it is because of the heigth of the 22 foot ceilings, however it is not as large as it appears, but just enough for me to take care of! This is the view from the kitchen island.

Kitchen UPDATE 2013

Now onto our Master bedroom.  This is the most colorful room in the house.  I love the vibrant fun atmosphere, after all aren’t we suppose to have fun in there too?? LOL….I have used a warm color pallet throughout our home.  Restoration hardware colors using Benjamin moore paint.  The kitchen and family room are Butter, and our bedroom is cappuccino

The pub room

pub room

These colors just make me smile…..I have used the Better Home and Gardens collection this year purchased  at  Walmart.  The price is right and the quality is unbeatable.  Because I accessory  change seasonally so often in our home, I do everything on a budget.  This summer bedroom redo was around $200.00, which included bedding, sheets, pillows and window treatments.  The window treatments where purchased at pottery barn half price….they where 35.00 a panel and fully lined and great quality as well.

These candle urns I already had from last year, also Better home and Gardens collection.  I used them outside last year,  and thought this year they would go great in our bedroom.  The fun, colorful plates I also had for years and purchased those at Z-gallerie.

The candle hanging over the bench was purchased at Lowes Garden center last year for $30.00…..I love it!

Fall ambiance
Recent Spring guest room revamp. Painted the furniture Robin eggs blue (chalk paint). I made the art work over the bed.
THe bedding pillows are Cynthia Rowley found at TJ Maxx.
Hope to see you back again. If you are new to blogging, I host  a newbie linky party every Monday. Great way to meet new bloggie friends like yourself.
And here is a our new Master bedroom complete!

Christmas 2011 Home tour
HERE

thanks for stopping by today.
Hope you stop and stay awhile.

Comments

1. VKT says

Absolutely gorgeous. I need to go and get the fax # from my husband. I will email it to you.

Happy Mother's Day. Your house is soooooooo gorgeous!!!!!!!!!

I included you in my post today!

2. Sandy says

Your house is beautiful, you have done a wonderful job decorating. Every room looks warm and inviting. Great job!! Thanks for sharing.
    Sandy

3. Pam @ diy Design Fanatic says

Debbie, you know I love your home! I am really jealous of your breakfast room! Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!

4. kim says

Hey Deb, everything looks awesome. I still can't believe y'all didn't look at the house before you bought it. I am glad it is everything you wanted it to be.

5. Sailing Simply says

I love seeing photos of your home! I always see something I hadn't noticed before. Like the lights above your island, and the cute little dish that the cookies are on. I bought those dishs for outside this year too! It's all so pretty!

6. Lisa says

I've been wanting to see the rest of your home! Glad I've been tuning in. It's just beautiful, all of it! I love the little veggie candle holder! lol Thanks for the shout-out. You're awesome. Hope you had a great weekend. Loved the tour.
    Lisa

7. Martina says

Hey Debbie everything looks BEAUTIFUL!!!! When you look at your pictures it really shows how much love you have for your home. Horay I finally got a google account and became a follower now I just have to start a blog. Hope you had a great weekend! Martina

8. Debbie says

Martina you are getting closer! I was excited to see your account made, now come and join all the fun with us!~

9. Nikki says

Your house is BEAUTIFUL!!! I want to come play there!!! I still am planning on doing the little modge podge herb project!!!
    Happy Mothers Day!!!

10. Viki says

I always love looking at your home. You have such a beautiful eye for decorating and everything looks so cozy. Wonderful.

11. Feeling Just Right says

I've looked at your home from so many angles now, i could say what is where even if i were blind-folded! YET i HAD TO look at each picture at least 3 times! I love the house! Brilliant colors! You'd better still love hosting when i bump into you someday in this lifetime! Happy Mother's day to a very gorgeous and warm mother!

12. The Polka Dot Closet says

OMG it is gorgeous! What a lot of work that was! I hope you don't mind, but I grabbed a cookies off the dish! YUM Thanks

13. Michelle says

Your house is so beautiful and cozy! I love your style!

I hope you had a great Mother's day! :o)

14. Alisa @ The Tidy Nest says

Your house is BEAUTIFUL! Thanks for sharing all the great pictures and also thanks for mentioning my blog!

15. Bernie says

Wow … great choice for your first home. You've done an amazing job decorating it … and it looks (and I'm sure feels) like such a happy, cheery, comfortable and relaxing place to be.

16. Bonnie says

I just love your home and always have since I saw it on RMS!! You like the warm colors like me and it makes it so warm and inviting!! Thanks for sharing!!

17. Shabbyrosetreasure says

Oh sweetie your home is gorgeous! Thank you for the tour! I love all of your bright colors and deep woods! The bright yellow outdoor furniture is darling as well!
    Hugs and Happy Mothers Day,
    Olivia

18. xinex says

Your home is gorgeous, Debbie! I love it! When I take pictures in the dark, I do not use the camera flash, just candle light….Christine

19. Le Chateau des fleurs says

Your house is so darling!!! I am so glad you liked my Fairy Party :)
    Happy mother's day to you too.
    XOXO
    Frenchy

20. Pinky says

I have said it before but will say it again, I just LOOOOVE your house! I do the same thing: I change my kitchen for every season….ALL of it. It is alot of work but so much fun! I change other rooms too, am just about ready to change out, lighten up our bedroom for summer too! Loved your pedestal stand with the cookies!They were delicious too:):) Hope you had a GREAT Mother's day!!! XO, Pinky

21. Linda says

Debbie~ your home is so lovely! I love the colors~ it is so elegant, yet completely welcoming and cozy! I love the old world feel…

22. Andy Porter says

Wow! Your home is completely gorgeous! Thanks so much for such a warm tour of your house. The cookies look delicious! I can't believe you never went in before you bought it! I can see why you wouldn't want to pass it up though! It has such character and you've done a beautiful job of decorating it!

I've posted the link!

Thanks again!
    XOXO,
    Andy

23. Kelle Dame says

Very warm and inviting! Great job! Love your kitchen and the little pops of blue.

PS my husband and I installed the light from Lowes this weekend! I will do a post soon :)

24. Low Tide High Style says

Your years of acquiring just the right pieces for just the right places has certainly paid off! You have a beautiful home, and thank you for taking us on a tour of it!

Kat :)

25. Anita @ Far Above Rubies says

Thanks for stopping by! Looks fab as always! I love the changes you made in the bedroom this year! You know I love the warm colors…and there are definitely some great finds in the BHG line at Walmart! Love it all:-)

26. Marites says

you have such a beautiful home! I really like the high ceiling of your family room and honestly, your home looks like it came out straight from a home magazine. Have a good week ahead!

27. Holly says

It screams you…I would expect nothing less than creativity, personality and a lot of fun! Can you come fix up my house.

28. Natasha says

I have always admired your gorgeous kitchen and now I am in love with your whole home!!! You are quite a decorator…I am going to have to bookmark this post I think!

Thank you for this great virtual tour of your stunning home.

Best wishes,
    Natasha.

29. Mrs Singh says

Hi Debbie, love your home, its warm and inviting. I too have 30 foot ceilings in my sitting room. Was wondering what is the coloured glass that you have displayed on the wall? Is it stained glass?
    Regards, Mrs Singh from Malaysia

30. Design it Chic says

Love your home! Is so big and i love the layout so much! Also I'm following you back from FF!Thanks and happy Monday!

31. Sumi says

Absolutely love your house.Drooling over the lamp/chandelier you have used over your kichen island and the one that is in your bedroom.I am moving into my own apartment very soon and hope mine also ends up looking as lovely as yours.

32. ♥ Sonny ♥ says

The structure was beautifully built but it wouldnt be what it is without your love and creative skills. You have turned into a real beauty thats a warm welcoming HOME.

hugs
    Sonny

33. Naturegirl says

A gorgeous home you have an eye for details and decorating!Love the words on your kitchen eating area wall!So many details I love in your cozy home!

34. Debbie says

The stained glass window is an old church window we found here locally at an antique store, it is over 100 years old and from a church in upstate NY.

35. SmilingSally says

Debbie, you have a lovely home. I love you sun drenched breakfast nook; how nice it must be to sit there sipping a cup of coffee. Happy Blue Monday.

36. Stacey says

I agree with the others, your home is beautiful. I love the bright colors and the view out those windows!

37. Linda@Coastal Charm says

Your home is beautiful…luv those HUGE windows! Thanks for taking us on a tour…I had a great time looking:)

Blessings,
    Linda

38. Gardening in a Sandbox says

I can see why you love your home. It is beautifully decorated. Thanks for sharing. Valerie

39. © Jennifer Raley says

I love the high ceilings! That must be a treat! And, blues tucked in here and there. You have a nice home and it's nicely done. Enjoyed reading and viewing the photos! Thanks. Happy Blue Monday. Jenn

40. Richella says

Hello! How beautiful your home is! Thank you for joining my party.

You're right that it's impossible to tell which of your furniture pieces are new and which are antique finds. I think that mixing the two is a very special touch–everything looks so warm and welcoming! And I love that you change your accessories seasonally. Thanks so much for pointing out which of your finds were purchased at Wal-Mart. It's very encouraging to think that many of these things would be very attainable for many people. I just love that!

Thanks again for linking up. Hope you have a wonderful week.

41. Mumsy says

You have such a fantastic and beautiful home, Debbie! I love your homemade cookies tier, and veggie candle holder!

Happy belated Mother's day..

42. Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions says

You have a beautiful home, Debbie! It does look like it's just the right size, too! I can't wait to down-size, but that's a few years off now. I want a set-up like yours though where the kitchen is open to the family room. My house is older so each room is unto itself ~ walls and all!

43. The Thrifty Designer says

I have been wanting that bedding. It looks beautiful in your room – such a pretty home. I love that it gives a warm, inviting feel – my kind of house.

44. jbr says

I love that you do not have a white kitchen–thank you for wonderful ideas in the kitchen and throughout your beautiful home.

45. linda says

love the little cake plate you made i love the house you already know that because i was peeking through the windows with you .Oh hope you dont mind i took 3 of your cookies they are delish you know i cant just have 1:)

46. Ms. Bake-it says

Love your home Debbie,

You and your hubby have done a fabulous job. I love all the colors and accessories you have used. It is very welcoming.

~ Tracy

47. Ann says

You have a lovely home! A couple of things stand out that I really like, one is the blue rooster on the front steps and the other is the yellow bench and cute cushion in your front yard. So pretty: )
    Thank you for opening your home up to us all.
    Fondly,
    Ann
    @
    The Tattered Tassel

48. Heather @ Gerber Days says

Can I come live with you??! Your house is amazing, and 100% my style! I'm going to have to look at these pics in detail, and copy some things.

What a wonderful home you have created!

49. Deidra says

It's beautiful! Every single bit. I'm not a neutral woman, so I just adore all of the color in your home!

50. Victoria says

Your home is lovely Debbie! I am so in love with that bench in your bedroom by the window, it's darling…I want it!!!!!!!!!

Happy belated Mommy's Day:)

51. marty (A Stroll Thru Life) says

Your home is absolutely stunning. I love our style and our decorations and accessories are just fabulous. Love your colors too. I find great inspiration in your style. Thanks so much for joining the party. I loved the tour. Hugs, Marty

52. Trish says

Your home is just too beautiful! You do a great job with it! I wish I had that much talent! I try but I just dont know what to do with my space! I try though…I do like the stuff I see at Walmart for decor…I also recognized your cookie platter plates! I almost bought them!

53. Mary Ann says

hi debbie, your home is very warm and welcoming! thanks for dropping by..you have a great week! verbena cottage

54. Shanarun says

Thank you so much for sharing your home with us!! So welcoming and beautiful. :) Love the colors -a lot of what I have in my home.

55. luvtodecorate says

Thank you for those beautiful pictures of your home.It is so lovely! I still get "ticked" every time I see that clock in your kitchen! lol..I wanted one like that but have no wall to put it on like that. You rock girl!

56. Sandi (Meme) says

You have a beautiful home, and I'm impressed that you still shop for bargains! That's awesome. If you have time, stop by and check out my blog too, I'd love to have you visit! Have a blessed week!!!! Sandi

57. Kristi says

I'm visiting from Richella's. :) Simply lovely! Thank you so much for giving us a virtual tour of your beautiful home. Blessings ~

58. Stephanie Lynn says

Debbie – You have a gorgeous home and fabulous style. You have done an amazing job creating a warm and inviting home! Thanks for stopping by and joining the Sunday Showcase! I greatly appreciate it. Hope you have a wonderful week! ~ Stephanie Lynn

59. Katie@LeBeauPaonVictorien says

What a beautiful home you have and you have done a great job with decorating it!

60. Shelia says

Hi Debbie! Your home is completely gorgeous! You really know what you want and have made your home beautiful as well as homey!
    congrats for being featured.
    be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

61. Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria says

Good Day Debbie your home is just BEAUTIFUL my friend…WOW!! just stunning…Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

62. ~~Carol~~ says

Wow Debbie! You're definitely living the good life in that beautiful home of yours! You've done an amazing job decorating it, and it looks so warm and inviting. I especially love the soft yellows that you used in your master bedroom. I hope you share more of your reds next week!
    Happy REDnesday!
    Carol

63. Diann @ The Thrifty Groove says

Hi Debbie!

your home looks just beautiful and so inviting!

And I just love the yellow seating outside!

64. Sandy says

This house is just beautiful and the decorating is to die for!!!! It looks elegant and yet cozy! Thanks for sharing!!!!!

65. Chari at Happy To Design says

Hi Debbie…

Ohhhh my goodness!!! My friend, your home is absolutely gorgeous!!! I really do just stand in awe!!! You know, I love everything about it…I could move in there tomorrow and not change a thing and be sooo very happy! That doesn't happen very often! Hehe! I really do love your style…love the "Old World"…and as you put it…the old mixed in with a little new!!! You are such a creative and talented designer, my friend! Your home looks like it came right off of the page of a design publication!!! I love all of your spring/summer accessories that you have added! Your bedroom is sooo fresh and airy…just perfect!!! Your home is truly one of my favorite in all of Blogland…thank you sooo much for sharing it with us! Your tour was a real treat!!!

Warmest wishes,
    Chari @Happy To Design

66. Debbie@Debbie-Dabble says

!! I adore the Old World Flair it has!!
    I would love to have high ceiling like that but here in Pa. in the winter, our heating bills would be through the roof with ceilings like that!!
    Debbie

67. Angela says

Thank you so much for the tour of your home. I loved what I saw. The cookies were very yummy. thank you! Also thanks for the links for those ideas. What an amazing job of that cookie tier you made. WOW. Your home just radiates so much warmth, loving how the sun is able to stream in everywhere like that.

68. Sally Annie Magundy says

Hi Debbie,
    Your home is gorgeous and inviting! Thank you for the cookie! :)
    Happy Rednesday,
    Sally

69. Joy @ Joy Of Desserts says

Absolutely gorgeous. I'm ready to move right in, which is a great sign that you must be a great hostess, too. Thank you for the cookies. :-)
    I came by via Rednesday.

70. SueLovesCherries says

Hi Debbie! Thanks so much for joining us on Rednesday! I am so impressed with how you decorate on a budget – it looks like you had a decorator come in and do it – well done!

71. ourlifeinaclick.blogspot.com says

I LOVE your home and decorating style!! I'll be cruising through your blog now for sure!!

-heather

72. Rebecca@This Present Life says

Hi Debbie! Found you at New Friend Friday and I am your newest follower! I am totally hooked on Poppies at Play's home tours. Your house is beautiful! I look forward to keeping up with all of your goings on. I'd love it if you could stop my blog if you have the chance.

73. Sherry @ No Minimalist Here says

I always love seeing pictures of your home. It is absolutely beautiful and looks comfortable at the same time. It is very obvious how much love and attention you have put into your home. Thanks for inviting us in.
    Hugs,
    Sherry

74. joeandbridge says

Hi there! Happy FF (On Saturday-LOL)
    Have a Great Weekend!

Bridgette Groschen
    Groschen Goblins

75. Allison says

I LOVE your house! You do a fabulous job decorating! And I LOVE your bedspread in your master and even your guest room. I have eyed the bedspread from your Master MANY a times but I just changed out room right before that came out so I knew the DH wouldn't let me change it again.

76. Lori S. says

Such a gorgeous home! You have done a wonderful job with it! It feels like I could just pack my bags and move on it ;)

~Lori@live,laugh,love,create :)

77. Kim says

Debbie beautiful home! I linked your blog from remodelaholic. We too love the old world style. Would you mind sharing the paint color in your family room and kitchen…I love it! Thanks for the inspiration.

78. Diana says

Your house is absolutely gorgeous.
    Thanks for sharing, I really enjoyed my tour of your beautiful house.

Diana

79. Barbara says

So excited to come upon your blog.I love your house, what a gifted decorator you are!
    Hey, one question.
    I have been looking for about a year for a hanging, double faced train station like clock which I see you have one in your kitchen.
    Do you remember where you purchased it?
    Barb
    BScinto@charter.net

80. Helens says

Debbie,
    What a lovely home! I'm crazy over your stained glass fixture and would love to know where you found it. I love the yellow, too! Thanks for your kindness in sharing your home. Hope you will visit me at http://www.helensdecor.com.

81. Martina @ Northern Nesting says

Debbie your home is magazine ready my friend!! I never get tired of touring your BEAUTIFUL home!! Martina

82. Shelia says

Hi Debbie Dear, Almost Famous One! I love seeing your pretty home. You really have the knack for making beauty! So nice. Now can I come over?
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia :)

83. Cori says

Well…I can certainly see why they want to feature your hoe in their magazine. It is unbelievably warm, elegant, cozy, and stylish.

I love the exterior shots. What a beautiful facade and landscaping. Your use of warm colors makes your home look so cozy. lWould love to curl up with some of that great candlelight and just gaze at all your beautiful things.

So glad I stopped in for the tour tonight.

Cori
    Starview Sonnet

84. Sherry @ No Minimalist Here says

Hi Debbie, You can tell that you have put a lot of love in decorating your home. It is beautiful! Congrats on the magazine shoot..how exciting!
    Hugs,
    Sherry

85. The Baker says

Wow!! That's such exciting news!!! You are totally magazine worthy!! Such a gorgeous home! Thanks for linking back up!

86. Kristina says

Thank you for your feedback on my blog.. your home is so pretty! I love the new metal bed…:)

87. Holly says

You have an amazing blog! I used to live in South Carolina – so beautiful!!
    I look forward to learning from you!
    Holly

Hi Debbie…I finally had a moment to check out your home tours and of course decided to start with your home. OMGosh your house is stunning!!! Those vautled ceilings are amazing! And your kitchen must be a complete treat to prepare a meals and dine in. I adore all those beautiful windows and all that natural sunlight which just pours in from them. Your decorating style is so welcoming and cozy. All I can say is wowzer!!!
    Wishing you a wonderful week filled with all that beautiful sunshine your home captures!!!
    XO Barbara

89. Linda says

Oh my goodness Debbie…are you from Chester? I saw the sign over your sofa, and thought maybe you are. My entire family was born in Chester and lived there until I was 10 years old. I live in Georgia now, but Chester is a major part of my early life and roots. Regardless, I love your page…I just discovered it through Savannah Attics!

• says

Hi Linda, no I live around an hour away from Chester. We found that sign in an antique shop and loved the rustic look and because it points to the woods. Thanks for stopping by.

90. Yvonne says

You don’t happen to have your BM formula for your match to Restoration Hardware Butter. I just got a sample can of BM colour Straw mixed at 75% strength and it is very similar to RH Butter and I love the colour. I’d be curious to know what formula your BM store came up for the colour match, if you have that information.